Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #29
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
As an update, I took my car in because the floors were getting damp and some water would sputter out of the middle vent. The service manager at Lannan Chevrolet, when he saw the TSB that I brought in, told me that the grommet would be the second thing they would look at (first thing would be to blow some air through it, if they could). About a 1/2hour after I handed him the keys, he came to the waiting area with the tech, who was holding in his hand the grommet, and it looked exactly like it did in the picture in the TSB. He joked "Gotta love the work those robots do."

They reinstalled it the proper way and it's all set - the part was still in good condition, just "collapsed" as they call it. It's a one time fix, as it gets installed at the factory incorrectly. Once it's aligned properly, it shouldn't need to be fixed again.

What I was surprised at is how big the part is. The picture in the TSB does it no justice. I figured it was a 1" diameter part with a 1/4" hole or so. The thing is actually pretty darn big as it sat in nearly the entire palm of his hand, and the hole is a good 1" or so.

Forgot to mention - my car was born in March 2010.
Are they stripping the car down or just sending you on your way. Watch for mold!!! My car was covered in it from only a week of being wet.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Are they stripping the car down or just sending you on your way. Watch for mold!!! My car was covered in it from only a week of being wet.
Nasty! It'll be difficult to see with black interior. And it's been wet off and on for a few weeks...there is no smell though...
Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #31
stevie7006

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
What he said.. and also.. I have never seen my AC drain even after driving home from work and parking in my garage there is never a wet spot under the car. /shrug
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
Hello,

Where is the A/C supposed to drain on the ground? in the center of the car? My car has been running in the driveway for about an hour with the A/C on max to test to see if the A/C drains. It's about 95ºF outside. So far al I see is a tiny drop, one drop, under the center of the car near the tranny. Is this the place? should there be more ? Any service bulliten on it we can upload as PDF ?
Well I just put my 2010 camaro in shop . Cuz my back floor board on passenger side was wet . thats where all my water from my a/c was going. Now they want to keep it for another six weeks cuz the carpet is on back order . cuz my carpet molded from all the water from ac draining into it . So check your back floor board behind passager seat.
stevie7006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #32
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
subscribing
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
subscribing as well
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #34
moan

Drives: 2011 Chevy camaro 2SS
Bad Smell from vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post
As an update, I took my car in because the floors were getting damp and some water would sputter out of the middle vent. The service manager at Lannan Chevrolet, when he saw the TSB that I brought in, told me that the grommet would be the second thing they would look at (first thing would be to blow some air through it, if they could). About a 1/2hour after I handed him the keys, he came to the waiting area with the tech, who was holding in his hand the grommet, and it looked exactly like it did in the picture in the TSB. He joked "Gotta love the work those robots do."

They reinstalled it the proper way and it's all set - the part was still in good condition, just "collapsed" as they call it. It's a one time fix, as it gets installed at the factory incorrectly. Once it's aligned properly, it shouldn't need to be fixed again.

What I was surprised at is how big the part is. The picture in the TSB does it no justice. I figured it was a 1" diameter part with a 1/4" hole or so. The thing is actually pretty darn big as it sat in nearly the entire palm of his hand, and the hole is a good 1" or so.

Forgot to mention - my car was born in March 2010.
How much did the repair cost?
moan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #35
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by moan View Post
How much did the repair cost?
/revive