The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #43
cleanwhiteSS
2011 White Camaro RS/2SS

Drives: 2011 White Camaro RS/2SS
I have traded in my leases early to other car companies. This is what they do. Chevy will first call Ford and ask if they want the car back. Ford will either say yes or no. In this case they said yes. They didnt realize at the time when they said yes you did mods to the car. Now Ford doesnt want to pay to replace your mods. This should now be Chevy's problem or even Fords problem not yours. You have a signed contract with Chevy that releases you from your Ford contract.
Ford did something to me back in 2003. I leased a truck from them on a Saturday. On Monday they called me and said that the leasing company will not do a lease for that long. They wanted to shorten the lease and raise my payment. I went in and told them that you can shorten the lease but the payment stays the same. They were not happy but that is what happen. Signed contracts prevail.

2SS/RS M6, GFX, Borla Atak cat back,Blacked out tail lights, Heritage Grill, 20% tint, 5% on back, Hurst Short Thrower, Black Gills, SLP Shift Skip
cleanwhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #44
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I hate it when a dealer gets in a jam, and they think it is acceptable to call the customer to come back in a pay more or fix their problem.

When I screw up a sale in my business, it is MY fault. Crazy me I actually take responsibility for my actions!

I don't care if you removed the engine before trading it. The dealer inspected the car, and accepted it as trade. Chevy dealers problem. What is it they say? "Let the buyer beware".

Don't give them one red cent, in fact you should ask for a free wash or oil change for your inconvenience, because you had to come back in and deal with their incompetence!!!
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #45
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
I hate it when a dealer gets in a jam, and they think it is acceptable to call the customer to come back in a pay more or fix their problem.

When I screw up a sale in my business, it is MY fault. Crazy me I actually take responsibility for my actions!

I don't care if you removed the engine before trading it. The dealer inspected the car, and accepted it as trade. Chevy dealers problem. What is it they say? "Let the buyer beware".

Don't give them one red cent, in fact you should ask for a free wash or oil change for your inconvenience, because you had to come back in and deal with their incompetence!!!
Shifty is right on the money..! Well said.
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #46
savage99ss
Im the boss

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS
Cant wait to hear the out-come.
Camaro SS #0785 - 1 of 280 SS's that were pewter, auto, and T-Top - SLP Headers, LM1,Y-pipe, high flow cats, SLP Lid
savage99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #47
blackthunder

Drives: 2011 1LT camaro
guys the funny part is... i told EXACTLY which mods i did to my car-- i gave them the aftermarket brands and everything! they said o ok, no problem at all... after reading all these comments- i am not worried about it at all-- i am going to go in there Thursday with a smile of curiosity as to what they will say
blackthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #48
blackthunder

just talked to my cousin (my lawyer), he said i have nothing to worry about, and says go tomorrow and see what they say but be polite, if they keep bugging you, i will call them and take care of it.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #49
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
My understanding is that, once you and the dealership sign on the dotted line transferring ownership of the vehicle to the dealership, any and all problems from that point forward are the dealerships.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #50
blackthunder

i agree, thank you for your input
Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #51
Shifty 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchin2Chevy View Post
Shifty is right on the money..! Well said.
tell that to the wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
My understanding is that, once you and the dealership sign on the dotted line transferring ownership of the vehicle to the dealership, any and all problems from that point forward are the dealerships.
This is correct. The dealer entered the contract of their own free will. Like I said he could have brought the thing to them in boxes, if they accept the boxes, even if parts are missing it is their baby. (obviously, if the agreement states all parts must be included that would be different).
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #52
blackthunder

ok so another update on what the chevy dealer... he is now saying he wants to re-negotiate the contract due to the fact they cannot accept my ford mustang as a 'trade in'.... they also said that i will be hit with fines due to the mods i have done to it if i DO NOT go back and get another ford.... so not only do they want to re-negotiate the contract they want me to get stuck with the mustang is my understanding.. BUT he said he has several options for me tomorrow and said he will help me out of his own pocket (my friend, who works at chevy) to get it in my price range, since its his mess up... but will c- i'll keep you guys posted tomorrow
Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #53
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
If you go back to the dealer, you'll be making a mistake. That's why friends and business should be kept separate. The dealer made the mistake, bottom line...Look, if it was the other way around, you would get the shaft. If you have the factory parts, then by all means, see if they want them back but don't get sucked into their problem.
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #54
blackthunder

yes i do have the factory mods- i texted him that, he did not reply--- i am not taking my vehicle tomorrow and i am dropping off my lease contract to my lawyer today
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #55
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
if the contract is already signed, they took in the trade, etc. etc. and you did not lie or failed to disclose the factory-voiding mods, the deal is done.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #56
Shifty 6

Good luck. Here's how it will go down....

They are going to be nice about it at first. They are gonig to ask you nicely if you could help them help you. Its going to be out of their hands, they just don't want you to have to pay all these huge fines. They are goign to try to "protect" you from making the biggest mistake you have ever made. Then they are going to ramp it up by bringing in the general manager to "close the deal". Then they are going to take it to the next level and threaten to turn it over to the authorities, whether that is Ford, the Police, GM, whoever they can think of.

The story WILL change. They will keep adding information until you give them their money and stop stealing from them. Everytime they add a person, they will add a reason for you to just pay them. This will be a minimum of 60 to 90 minutes for you to cave. They think the longer they have you they can wear you down.

I swear nothing pisses me off more than people trying to take advantage of, bully, or con people out of stuff!!!!