Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #141
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I want to have a few special bolt-ons before I do this though. After all, I do have two less cylinders than you. Also, I race for pink slips only. Then, I can part your car out and use the money to get more mods for my V6.

If you don't care when the term muscle car came around, then why are the fools in this thread trying to prove me wrong in what I stated about the term muscle cars?

You even got someone posting magazine pics from the '90's with the term "muscle cars" on it. Magazines from the freaking '90's to try to prove me wrong. Man, what a laugh!
16 hours and still going is your v6 complex keeping you up at night?
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #142
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Where is he getting that from?
I'm I missing something here??? Last time I checked the Ferrari 488 was a turbocharged V8 with a flat plane crank. Not sure how that compares
However, I do have a 2018 Shelby GT350R in my garage right now that has a 5.2 V8 Flat Plane Crank that sounds like a pissed off Ferrari when it is running.
I know the sound. I raced one last year...and a co worker bought a 17 Mustang gt 350. It sounds fantastic....almost as good as Dingos v6.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #143
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Dood iggy is your friend, use it!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #144
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Yeah right! A 400 hp/400 tq engine with AFM lifters ready to grenade runs neck and neck with an engine that has 26 hp/20 tq more with higher compression and a cam with more lift and duration. Was the LS3 owner sleeping when you raced him?

Mod, mod, mod. You're gonna need them just to keep up to those bone stock 6th gen SS's. So, keep modding your L99 into oblivion until you can't even drive the car on the street anymore.lol!
You say that the V8 guys just pile on and don't help mitigate the bashing....Well bud, even when we don't care if you have 4 or 12 cylinders in your camaro (ok..I would care if you had 12)..it's hard to back anyone up when they keep saying stupid shit like this. If you made posts with a little more quality content, and a little less of this *gestures to all of your typing*... people may be more inclined to agree with you?
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #145
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
The magazine covers were a reference to the Camaro being included during that era, I never stated that were published in the 60s.. you totally ignored the English phrase history on when Muscle Car was coined. NICE TRY!! (see below)

English phrase history reference: The concept of the expression dates back to 1949 when it was used to refer to a sport car with specific characteristics: The American muscle car, introduced in 1949, is an essential component of the car industry. In response to the sudden demand for faster cars at this time, Oldsmobile débuted its Rocket 88
The english phrase history of the term "muscle "car" might have been conceptualized in the late '40s, but the term "muscle car" was not in wide use in the vernacular until the mid to late '70's. The term "supercars" was widely used by the magazines at that time to describe those kind of cars.

There were no equivalent type cars made in the late '40's that in anyway were comparable to the market segment of cars made in the mid to late '60's and early '70's that we now call muscle cars.

The phrasology might have been there, but term was coined separately by magazine journalists in the mid to late '70's to describe those cars. The new term had no linkage to the earlier term that you describe. It's just a coincidence that it did even though the basic phraseology existed back then.

Why show the magazine pics? The term was already in wide use by then so it's a moot point.

Best try yet, I must admit. Thanks.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #146
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
You say that the V8 guys just pile on and don't help mitigate the bashing....Well bud, even when we don't care if you have 4 or 12 cylinders in your camaro (ok..I would care if you had 12)..it's hard to back anyone up when they keep saying stupid shit like this. If you made posts with a little more quality content, and a little less of this *gestures to all of your typing*... people may be more inclined to agree with you?
I didn't know the LS3's were just as slow as the L99's. Man, you guys suck too?

All this time I thought the LS3 was faster, had more power and was typically considered an upgrade over the L99. Is the 1LE LS3 the same way too?

Man, I'm really sorry I was so wrong. Really, I am. I guess that ends this whole discussion for me then.

Quality? My posts have been nothing but quality and informative compared to the prehistoric chicken scratchings some of you guys are putting out against me.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #147
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
16 hours and still going is your v6 complex keeping you up at night?
No complex. However, I'm getting a huge kick out of the way you guys are reacting. It's freaking hilarious.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #148
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
The english phrase history of the term "muscle "car" might have been conceptualized in the late '40s, but the term "muscle car" was not in wide use in the vernacular until the mid to late '70's. The term "supercars" was widely used by the magazines at that time to describe those kind of cars.

There were no equivalent type cars made in the late '40's that in anyway were comparable to the market segment of cars made in the mid to late '60's and early '70's that we now call muscle cars.

The phrasology might have been there, but term was coined separately by magazine journalists in the mid to late '70's to describe those cars. The new term had no linkage to the earlier term that you describe. It's just a coincidence that it did even though the basic phraseology existed back then.

Why show the magazine pics? The term was already in wide use by then so it's a moot point.

Best try yet, I must admit. Thanks.
I will disagree and leave it at that.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #149
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I know the sound. I raced one last year...and a co worker bought a 17 Mustang gt 350. It sounds fantastic....almost as good as Dingos v6.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #150
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:

All this time I thought the LS3 was faster, had more power and was typically considered an upgrade over the L99. Is the 1LE LS3 the same way too?
The LS3 in my sedan runs pretty darn good for having little done to it. All I've done is intake, a little exhaust work and a LMS aggressive plus tune. On the street I can run with 392 Chargers, but my wife can still out run me in the ZL1...
Old 06-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #151
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:

Man, I'm really sorry I was so wrong. Really, I am. I guess that ends this whole discussion for me then.

Quality? My posts have been nothing but quality and informative compared to the prehistoric chicken scratchings some of you guys are putting out against me.

Your entire response has nothing to do with what I said, so I can now only assume you have just been trolling/satire posting this entire time. That makes a lot more sense then thinking someone (including you) actually believes what you are typing

Regardless, good to know you are sorry you are wrong. It isn't easy admitting one's mistakes...I'm proud of you buddy!
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #152
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
I want to have a few special bolt-ons before I do this though. After all, I do have two less cylinders than you. Also, I race for pink slips only. Then, I can part your car out and use the money to get more mods for my V6.

If you don't care when the term muscle car came around, then why are the fools in this thread trying to prove me wrong in what I stated about the term muscle cars?

You even got someone posting magazine pics from the '90's with the term "muscle cars" on it. Magazines from the freaking '90's to try to prove me wrong. Man, what a laugh!
Sorry bud if your car is as fast as you make it out to be you won’t need special bolt ons. all I’ll have to do is spin the tires a little to much and you’ll have me beat by the way you talk.

At any rate sorry no pinks for me. This car is going to be my daughters one day and while I’m not afraid of loosing to you one bit, my promise to my daughter is far more important to me than you. All it would take is one of my afm lifters failing I’ll still line up with you but not for pinks.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 06-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #153
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Not if you get a sleepy L99 driver or one with failing AFM lifters. You stop!
...And sciatica in the driver's right leg and Arco 87 octane fuel in the tank.

I understand, you've dug yourself so deep into a sh*thole that you're only option is to go down fighting now.

Quote:
I want to have a few special bolt-ons before I do this though. After all, I do have two less cylinders than you.
You realize that you just admitted your car is slower, right?
Old 06-07-2019, 02:09 PM   #154
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
sigh...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote