Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #127
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
Wrong once again. The Canadian to US dollar value when I purchased my car was slightly worse than it is today, but I'll use today's numbers to help you out. So I paid 34500 converted to 25827.41 USD. so let's round it up to 25900. You paid 18900. A difference of 7 grand. Take off the added items that your car can't have and that number slips to under 5 grand. Even at the 7k range it's a free cry from the 10+ your claiming. I also dont know your finance rate mine was 0. So if you had a percentage that could also be another couple grand closer. Oh and that 25900 would have still been a good price an a fully equipped 2016 V6 when they first came out.
You fail again. Comparing different exchange rates to support your failed conclusions on how cheap your SS is compared to a V6 model is ridiculous. To get a get an accurate representation, you would have to find out the base model MSRP price of what a '13 1LS V6 was going for in Canada and compare that to the price you paid for your SS.

I checked and the '13 1LS V6 listed for $28,200 Canadian. The base 1SS listed for $38,350 Canadian.

The price difference, like I stated earlier, is a difference of more than $10k dollars. If we assume you got money on the hood, which you apparently did, we would have to apply that same discount to the $28,200 1LS V6. $34,500 - $38,350 is a savings of $3,850. That's about 10% off sticker.

If we apply that same 10% amount towards the $28,200 MSRP on the '13 1LS V6, we get $25,380. $34,500 vs $25,380 is a difference of around $9K in Canadian. Again, my argument still holds. The base 1SS is around $8- 10K more no matter how you look at it or what country you're in.

Man, are you serious? You can't just leap across exchange rates back and forth to compare prices to support your failed conclusions.

I win again.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:34 AM   #128
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Ya 25 crank hp in a heavy car doesn't make a difference. But you don't know that....and your V6 sounding like a Ferrari is a bit of a stretch. But coming from you its not suprising....I can't even say typical V6 owner because there are alot of good V6 owners on Camaro5. You just are not one of them. And poser pics eh ? I left a few vids in your idiotic comments in the other thread to address that. If you need to see more drag racing vids let me know. Do you see it yet? You quote Google search times as fact while im out in the real world running my car. Keep posting ..you are looking worse with each pile you post.
No time slip post yet Mr. dragstrip queen. Still waiting.....and waiting and waiting...
Old 06-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #129
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuSINda View Post
I grew up in the 70s and they were called muscle cars then. That term has been around for a long time.
Like I stated before, the term was coined in the early to mid '70's. Sheesh, how many times do I have to say it.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #130
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Like I stated before, the term was coined in the early to mid '70's. Sheesh, how many times do I have to say it.
Not correct...

English phrase history reference: The concept of the expression dates back to 1949 when it was used to refer to a sport car with specific characteristics: The American muscle car, introduced in 1949, is an essential component of the car industry. In response to the sudden demand for faster cars at this time, Oldsmobile débuted its Rocket 88
Old 06-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #131
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
So, when the V8 guys get cranky and start spouting off their V6 crap, I like to remind them that the V6 is not that far off in performance from their L99.
"Not that far off" still means you're looking at taillights so stop.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #132
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
That not really correct from what I've read the phrase has been around for a long time.. (See English phrase description page said about it below) I've also posted a few magazine covers that had articles about the Mustang and Camaro in them, example below..

English phrase history reference: The concept of the expression dates back to 1949 when it was used to refer to a sport car with specific characteristics: The American muscle car, introduced in 1949, is an essential component of the car industry. In response to the sudden demand for faster cars at this time, Oldsmobile débuted its Rocket 88

The phrase by itself "muscle" then "cars" might have been around for a long time, but it's combination together in reference to describe the cars we now refer to as "muscle cars" of the late '60's and early '70's did not exist back then.

It wasn't until the early to mid '70's that the term "muscle car" was finally coined and used to descibed those kinds of cars. Those magazine cover pics were published in the freaking '90's waaaaay after term was already created.

Nice try though.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #133
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
I can't speak for others but my comments were only directed at a couple of people I think you know who I'm talking about. I don't have anything against v6 Camaro owners it's just that the bs needs to be called out for what it is.
No worries, it’s hard not to get sucked into the drama. The tampon holder comment almost had me there...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #134
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
"Not that far off" still means you're looking at taillights so stop.
Not if you get a sleepy L99 driver or one with failing AFM lifters. You stop!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #135
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Where is he getting that from?
I'm I missing something here??? Last time I checked the Ferrari 488 was a turbocharged V8 with a flat plane crank. Not sure how that compares
However, I do have a 2018 Shelby GT350R in my garage right now that has a 5.2 V8 Flat Plane Crank that sounds like a pissed off Ferrari when it is running.
Sweet choice of cars in your garage. I'm done buying cars for a while, went through 10 different cars from 09-14. I'll just stick with the 12 ZL1 and 14 SS Sedan.

I have two houses and decided to throw money into them instead. Home values are going up, hopefully they won't crash like they did before.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #136
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Not if you get a sleepy L99 driver or one with failing AFM lifters. You stop!
You are a cantankerous son of a gun. That’s all I know. If yours is so bad ass bring it to New Mexico lets line them up. Oh wait you won’t. You’ll just keeping hiding behind your phone talking useless remedial crap, making up facts and stats...I mean Who gives a damn when the term muscle car came around??? Really who cares? I’ll put my lifter failing, A6 shifting, feeble L99 up against you whenever your ready.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #137
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
No time slip post yet Mr. dragstrip queen. Still waiting.....and waiting and waiting...
Your not worthy .
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #138
Memphis SS

Quote:
The phrase by itself "muscle" then "cars" might have been around for a long time, but it's combination together in reference to describe the cars we now refer to as "muscle cars" of the late '60's and early '70's did not exist back then.

It wasn't until the early to mid '70's that the term "muscle car" was finally coined and used to descibed those kinds of cars. Those magazine cover pics were published in the freaking '90's waaaaay after term was already created.

Nice try though.
The magazine covers were a reference to the Camaro being included during that era, I never stated that were published in the 60s.. you totally ignored the English phrase history on when Muscle Car was coined. NICE TRY!! (see below)

Old 06-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #139
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
You are a cantankerous son of a gun. That’s all I know. If yours is so bad ass bring it to New Mexico lets line them up. Oh wait you won’t. You’ll just keeping hiding behind your phone talking useless remedial crap, making up facts and stats...I mean Who gives a damn when the term muscle car came around??? Really who cares? I’ll put my lifter failing, A6 shifting, feeble L99 up against you whenever your ready.
I want to have a few special bolt-ons before I do this though. After all, I do have two less cylinders than you. Also, I race for pink slips only. Then, I can part your car out and use the money to get more mods for my V6.

If you don't care when the term muscle car came around, then why are the fools in this thread trying to prove me wrong in what I stated about the term muscle cars?

You even got someone posting magazine pics from the '90's with the term "muscle cars" on it. Magazines from the freaking '90's to try to prove me wrong. Man, what a laugh!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #140
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Sweet choice of cars in your garage. I'm done buying cars for a while, went through 10 different cars from 09-14. I'll just stick with the 12 ZL1 and 14 SS Sedan.

I have two houses and decided to throw money into them instead. Home values are going up, hopefully they won't crash like they did before.
I'm with you on the house deal... Wife and I built a new home at the right time back in 2013 our home has jumped about $100,000.00 since we built, we got a really good deal on lot and builder pricing. I'm thinking sell!! but the wife not so much.

I built our current home with a four-car garage so I keep storing cars for buddies in my spare bay...LOL. That's were the GT350R comes into play. I had a 2013 Corvette for about 2 months while my other friend was getting ready to move to the coast.

I like that red ZL1 in your sig