Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2023, 09:51 AM   #1
Saffir3
BBL-BEE

Drives: Bright Yellow SS 1LE
! Turn Signal On (help)

What does this mean some granny pulled in front of me and I had to dodge her and now the cars mad at me for not using a turn signal.
Attached Images

Saffir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
Seth21
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Sir just go through the setup procedure as indicated by your stability track error showing in your lower right gage. Sometime this occurs when application of the brakes are to sudden it will trigger this error. try this with car on and push the stb track button on your console the symbol will match the icon on the cluster. Run through the braking setup and it will finish and the error will disappear for you. Best Seth
Seth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:56 PM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth21 View Post
Sir just go through the setup procedure as indicated by your stability track error showing in your lower right gage. Sometime this occurs when application of the brakes are to sudden it will trigger this error. try this with car on and push the stb track button on your console the symbol will match the icon on the cluster. Run through the braking setup and it will finish and the error will disappear for you. Best Seth
And traction control icon. He's probably driving like a lot of us do, with the "nannies" turned off. Those are what you will see when they are disabled...
Old 10-24-2023, 05:40 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
And traction control icon. He's probably driving like a lot of us do, with the "nannies" turned off. Those are what you will see when they are disabled...
Op, I’d start by removing both the battery cables from the battery and short them together to discharge the electrical system completely, then let it sit a bit and hook them up and try again. Sometimes these electronics do weird things and just need a reset.

Agreed Wayne, I’d bet he decided he’d like to be in charge of the car rather than the other way around!

Also never gotten a stabilitrac error from “the application of the breaks too sudden” and I’ve used the shit out of them way to many times to count, once on the Phoenix international raceway oval I got them hot enough that they glazed over and I had to sand blast the front rotors to get rid of the shakes…
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:29 PM   #5
Seth21
Banned

No No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Op, I’d start by removing both the battery cables from the battery and short them together to discharge the electrical system completely, then let it sit a bit and hook them up and try again. Sometimes these electronics do weird things and just need a reset.

Agreed Wayne, I’d bet he decided he’d like to be in charge of the car rather than the other way around!

Also never gotten a stabilitrac error from “the application of the breaks too sudden” and I’ve used the shit out of them way to many times to count, once on the Phoenix international raceway oval I got them hot enough that they glazed over and I had to sand blast the front rotors to get rid of the shakes…
Sir listen clearing the cars charge will also erase the data in Both the ECM and BCM partially. You run the risk of the computer NOT recognizing generic keys you made up to now. If you attempt this make sure you have the master key handy along with the original remote Key bob. I do not recommend that procedure. If that matters lets see what happens As far as this other users opinion of the facts
Old 10-24-2023, 07:09 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Wtf does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:19 AM   #7
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
People on this forum have been doing this reset procedure for years for various issues.

Just search: camaro5 reset ecm touching battery terminals together.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:35 AM   #8
Seth21
Banned

ECM PROCEDURE

Quote:
Look I love a good controversy, but let sit back and let the dude blow the ECM apart by doing this wrong if he has not done this already!

I wanted to help the guy but just doing this radical procedure BEFORE REMOVING THE ECM FUSE OUT OF THE FUSE BOX AFTER DISCONNECTING THE GROUND OFF THE BATTERY WILL END UP WITH BURNT ECM!!

Peace and long life ECM

Seth
Old 10-25-2023, 08:51 AM   #9
Seth21
Banned

Poof goes ECM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffir3 View Post
What does this mean some granny pulled in front of me and I had to dodge her and now the cars mad at me for not using a turn signal.
Sir as stated previously and some may agree and some are just
Please listen and go to rear of car, remove battery NEGATIVE FIRST! then go to front of car after waiting a few minutes than open fuse cover locate fuse ECM seek guide under fuse box cover for REF to locate it. Most Camaros have a 20 amp there. Remove Fuse out of the box and put it somewhere safe. Then go back to rear of car and disconnect positive cable. Then wait a few seconds then have at it with your combining cables together ok this will clear it providing the ECM has not already had previous damage. Also the BCM won't loose its data..
Then you now know to reverse to put it back together carefully

The one user here directed you to previous posts correctly the others did not!

Seth
Old 10-25-2023, 09:32 AM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Agreed!! And who is this seth21 guy??? He shows up, just joined,, only 7 or so posts and he thinks he knows everything??? I don't think so! I have been on this forum for 12 years now and NOBODY has ever acted like this!! Please, if you are going to be a know it all, at least INTRODUCE yourself before you go telling anyone what they should do, and call out some of the knowledgable people on here!! At least the last very helpful person we had on here was an actual GM tech working at a Chevrolet dealership!! So we would trust him more than someone who just showed up "out of the blue"...
Old 10-25-2023, 10:07 AM   #11
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Quote:
Agreed!! And who is this seth21 guy??? He shows up, just joined,, only 7 or so posts and he thinks he knows everything??? I don't think so! I have been on this forum for 12 years now and NOBODY has ever acted like this!! Please, if you are going to be a know it all, at least INTRODUCE yourself before you go telling anyone what they should do, and call out some of the knowledgable people on here!! At least the last very helpful person we had on here was an actual GM tech working at a Chevrolet dealership!! So we would trust him more than someone who just showed up "out of the blue"...
Bingo. Dude is clearly a Camaro dip shit. A spammer/troll is my bet! I’ve been a professional mechanic for 10+ years and have never seen or heard of a damaged computer because of this procedure. It’s even the standard operating procedure to remove the air bags.

I wish not a 45 was still around he would eat this guy alive with all of his GM mechanic wizardry!

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 10-25-2023 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:18 AM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Bingo. Dude is clearly a Camaro dip shit. A spammer/troll is my bet! I’ve been a professional mechanic for 10+ years and have never seen or heard of a damaged computer because of this procedure. It’s even the standard operating procedure to remove the air bags.
Yes sir!! You just don't show up on a forum and start "bossing" people around!! That's just not cool, or ethical!!
Old 10-25-2023, 10:49 AM   #13
Seth21
Banned

Introduction Request

Quote:
Well lets address your concerns, Yes My name is Seth and I am New here!
I have worked on ECM's and computer related issues since age 9. In my attempt to help others here, I step on some toe's with No Malicious Intent.

I work in my parents repair facility here in Tx and see camaro's come and go on a weekly basis. As you may imagine I have a fine collection of them from people that do not understand how to Diagnose and deal with Electrical issues , Especially ECM problem's. I just wish they would stop, think and consult before burning things Up. When they see how much ECM repairs are in TX, They either total them through Insurance or leave them here after getting a price comparison. We are a Diagnostic shop and reflash and test ECM and related components. As for being "out of the blue" tough, I am here to help so they don't end up in some yard or non runners in there own garage. The other brand new user from NY. who posted the same day he joined as well. None of your criticism was directed at him just me. I do want to help other's here if that makes you suspect me Fine. Based on your remarks and the crude responses here is no need to to explain further.

" and call out some of the knowledgable people on here!!" I understand your concern but those who need the help and seek me out will get it! Next time you knock people I will remind you that you can't even spell knowledgeable or obtain it. Don't bother responding! it will only demonstrate your Flaws Further !!

See Ya

Seth
Old 10-25-2023, 10:53 AM   #14
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
RESPECT THE MAN WITH OVER 10,000 POSTS!
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote