Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-25-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
Milesmonte

Drives: 2011 1 SS IMPERIAL BLUE
1 SS vs LT1

Hi all: I have an opportunity to buy a LOADED up LT1 in RIVERSIDE Blue Metallic.
My question is this is the DASH DISPLAY Gauges and such the same as in the 1SS vs the LT1?
Milesmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:58 PM   #2
Saberscar223

Drives: 2023 Riverside Blue 2SS
No but I would recommend a fully loaded LT1 over the 1SS unless it’s a 1Le. You can’t get the Bose system in the 1SS either. But a 2ss is where it’s at

But yeah the dash is mostly electronic on the SS but I’d say that alone isn’t worth it and you can just buy the electronic hud for 600$ afterwards and put it on your lt1
Saberscar223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 12:07 AM   #3
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Never understood how you can get Bose on an LT1 but not a 1SS. OP, best thing I would do is compare the two cars test drive both and decide from there its what I did when I bought mine.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 12:55 AM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Go with the 1SS, you'll get so much more that you won't understand at this point (if you are asking this question), if you can afford the 1SS comfortably, go for it...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 03:04 AM   #5
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
I'd never buy a loaded LT1 over an 1SS. Once you tick just a couple of options on the LT1, you're already in 1SS territory with all its performance upgrades like transmission/diff coolers, bigger and better brakes/wheels/tires, dash, etc.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 05:12 AM   #6
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
To avoid confusion the 10 speed has the trans cooler its the manual that does not on an LT1. My build sheet has it on my LT1 since it is a 10 speed Auto and I have personally seen the cooler lines.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #7
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Oh no, not the LT1/SS debate again

The dash gauges in the LT1 are not the same as the 1SS.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:06 AM   #8
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post

+1

Great cars, just marketed to slightly different customer bases.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:25 AM   #9
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post

Make that +2

I wish the moderator would shut this one down before it turns in to another you should buy this because thread....Wait it's already started.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:39 AM   #10
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesmonte View Post
Hi all: I have an opportunity to buy a LOADED up LT1 in RIVERSIDE Blue Metallic.
My question is this is the DASH DISPLAY Gauges and such the same as in the 1SS vs the LT1?
No, they are different. You can buy the SS type cluster and install it later though.

As far as the differences, you can search for threads on the specifics. It's been twisted inside and out already.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:15 AM   #11
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
No, they are different. You can buy the SS type cluster and install it later though.
And likely void some or a large part of your warranty.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:45 AM   #12
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
OP, what you intend to do with your Camaro might help influence your decision. I had been waiting for allocation for my SS build for almost 5 months. I started getting a bit anxious and saw a LT1 in person and the things that bothered me about it (dash, front end, brakes, square wheel setup), weren't an issue any longer. It's a nice looking car and I am really enjoy the BOSE system. The little rear brakes will always be a dislike for me but that's it so far. The dash, not being digital was not a big deal either. As mentioned it can be swapped out if you wish. Now from the mechanic side of things I am not a track guy. I didn't buy this car for that reason. I wanted a cool looking sports car, with instant horsepower for some spirited driving now and then and enjoy time by the lake with my wife. I really don't plan on pushing this thing hard that often so the mechanicals on the SS just aren't a big deal to me but they are to other guys here. I feel it comes down to what you want to do with your car. If you want to drag it, absolutely get the LT1. My LT1 is loaded as well and I like the extra creature comforts. The only thing I would hate about having an 1SS would be no BOSE system because I do like to blast the radio. Like someone else mentioned, you can get it with the 2 SS. I think you need to go check them out in person. Good luck to you!
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #13
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I’d compare the price and the options installed on each first. I would go and find an LT1 and a 1SS to test drive and decide from that point. If one is on order and another is available now or soon, think about whether you want a car now or good with the wait for a car on order, and last make sure you’re confident that you won’t have a regret later on of getting one car over the other.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #14
Milesmonte

Drives: 2011 1 SS IMPERIAL BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCkO View Post
OP, what you intend to do with your Camaro might help influence your decision. I had been waiting for allocation for my SS build for almost 5 months. I started getting a bit anxious and saw a LT1 in person and the things that bothered me about it (dash, front end, brakes, square wheel setup), weren't an issue any longer. It's a nice looking car and I am really enjoy the BOSE system. The little rear brakes will always be a dislike for me but that's it so far. The dash, not being digital was not a big deal either. As mentioned it can be swapped out if you wish. Now from the mechanic side of things I am not a track guy. I didn't buy this car for that reason. I wanted a cool looking sports car, with instant horsepower for some spirited driving now and then and enjoy time by the lake with my wife. I really don't plan on pushing this thing hard that often so the mechanicals on the SS just aren't a big deal to me but they are to other guys here. I feel it comes down to what you want to do with your car. If you want to drag it, absolutely get the LT1. My LT1 is loaded as well and I like the extra creature comforts. The only thing I would hate about having an 1SS would be no BOSE system because I do like to blast the radio. Like someone else mentioned, you can get it with the 2 SS. I think you need to go check them out in person. Good luck to you!

Thank you for your input! Much appreciated! I am just afraid that if I do not snag this LT1 in the Riverside Blue that I may be SOL in trying to order a 1SS in RIVERSIDE BLUE METALLIC!

Tell me more about this CLUSTER SWAP though PLEASE Sir!

Regard's Miles
Milesmonte is offline   Reply With Quote