Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-30-2022, 07:41 AM   #1
Hcd3ss

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/RS
LCA clearance issues

I have a 2010 SS with FE4 sway bar setup. Car is TT so I’ve always had a lot of movement in the rear control arms toe links and tie rods. I recently swapped factory 20s for OEM ZL1 1LE aluminum 19s. Lo and behold I have a clearance issue where the bolt was making contact with the inside of the wheel, leaving aluminum deposited on the bolt. My first solution was to flip the bolts around. I felt good about this and it greatly decreased the amount of contact I was experiencing. Fast forward a month or so: taking car to shop for new tires and alignment.. tech calls me and I swing by to see that I am still collecting some aluminum on these bolts. This time it’s deposited (obviously) on the bolt head. During the wheel upgrade a swapped all rear end suspension parts (excluding knuckles) to OEM Z-28 parts. So I not go back to the drawing board. I’m looking for advice on rear suspension parts, so that I can nail down a solution to this issue. I’ve seen that the adjustable BMR LCA’s have had clearance issues with 17” wheels. If this is a fluke, or if there is some other issue causing this then I would consider these for sure. Besides that there are the DSE LCA’s which have no reviews that I have fount thus far. Or I could go with the BMR Drag setup with the non adjustable tubular LCA’s, the rear strange coil overs. Im referring to the one that includes the upper shock mount. This non adjustable does look like it may offer a little more clearance, and if it does then that’s prolly the way I will go.. but I’d much rather have adjustable parts wherever possible. Thanks in advance for any insight or recommendations on this. Im also going to replace toes and ties at this time.. so taking recommendations there too.. but leaning towards the umi’s because I like the roto joints. If not those I’m going to prefer rod ends here over delfín or poly. I understand the gyration of this system and feel something more solid will be ideal here. Oh yeah, along with the need to clear these aluminum 12 inch wide 19’s at the present moment.. my next upgrade is going to be dedicated drag wheels which are going to be 17’s. Certainly they aren’t going to be nearly as wide.. but I have concerns regarding clearance with those wheels as well. Maybe this is a simple solution, or maybe it isn’t. My hopes are that some of you who know this platform better than me can guide me in the right direction. Thanks again!! And y’all have a great (and SAFE) Memorial Day!
Hcd3ss is offline   Reply With Quote