Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
20x12 & 20x10 suspension set up

Now that my LSA supercharger install is about complete (still need dyno tune), it's time to start the planning of my next project, suspension mods. I'm not planning on any track time, just "spirited" back road driving without excessive comfort loss. Budget is somewhere around the $1400 for the 1LE track pack + FE4 parts.

Car (2010 SS, L99) currently is set up with 20x12 with 315/35 rear and 20x10 with 275/40 front. It also has aFe Control PFADT Series Lowering Springs. This is how the car came when I purchased it and I haven't seen any other modifications. Car has 81k miles on it.

I know that a square set up would handle better, but would like to stay with current set up since the wheels and tire are almost new.

I know I need the FE4 suspension mod and a larger rear sway bar. With the mileage on the car, its probably about time for new shocks/struts anyway. What would be a good priority list within my approx. $1600 budget-$2000 budget.

Thanks
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Two of the best mods you can do for handling - street or track - are the new style rear bar (also requires new style rear lower control arms and drop links) and stiffer rear subframe bushings.

For the rear bar you could go with a 1LE bar and keep your front bar, or upgrade to something bigger front and back such as JPSS's bars; for subframe bushings I can recommend Pegasus' solid aluminum bushings.

Both of these will help with body roll and wheel hop, helping you keep those tires on the ground while both cornering and accelerating.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
very good advice. the wider rear sway is a must.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote