Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-29-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
[display title/]

:error1/1:
Attached Images

Last edited by 1LE caSSper; 09-29-2017 at 09:33 AM.
1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:10 AM   #2
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Can't you just file a claim from your credit card company?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I had a sort of similar situation with them back at the beginning of the year. I ordered a Mishimoto catch can and a skip shift delete from them, got a pretty good deal but not amazing, basically got the skip shift delete for free with the catch can so it was like $25 off. Long story short it took FOREVER for me to get the stuff, it was at least a month but I don't think it was much longer than that. I was going to have them install the stuff since I'm not too far from their shop but after waiting and waiting and waiting I gave up on that and when they finally called and said the stuff came in I just told them to ship the stuff to me.

Here's my theory, they do sell stuff pretty cheap and it tends to take a long time for the stuff to ship so I think it comes down to them trying to fill multiple orders at a time so they get better deals from the manufacturers.

I haven't really seen any bad reviews of them but this did make me think about what happened to me when I read your post, it is kinda fishy I guess.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #4
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
I think it is a situation of not having an open line of credit with manufacturers. They are using "Peter's money to pay "Paul" so to speak.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #5
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
They have the best prices around from what I have seen. I would first call Borla to see if there is a back order for 60606 without mentioning the vendor through which you placed your order, that will tell you the whole story. If there is then there is nothing MDSpeed can do and they are just handling it really badly because they don't want to lose the sale over the back order. If there is no back order then they are jerking you around because they are trying to make a borla bulk purchase to save money.

I have heard many times over the years about slow shipping from MDspeed, maybe that is the cost of deeply discounted pricing. I have come to expect to wait for things they don't have in stock or "ship from vendor", maybe you aren't finding that to be worth it now. The truth is you can always dispute the charge with your card company for no delivery of product.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #6
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I would never have waited this long. You should be able to easily do a charge back through your CC. I also would call Borla and inform them how one of their dealers is treating you, and how they are blaming the delay on Borla. I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate that.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
nasbagoat

I didn't see anywhere in his post that he said what MDspeed's excuse was, so saying they blamed it on borla might be premature.

It sounds like bad customer service as a result of a back order which they cant do anything about, or covering for a situation we don't know about.

I am in the parts business as well so those are the only two reason I could see from the OP's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I would never have waited this long. You should be able to easily do a charge back through your CC. I also would call Borla and inform them how one of their dealers is treating you, and how they are blaming the delay on Borla. I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate that.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #8
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
best bet is to cancel the order and order else where.. i had placed an order for certain item .. was supposed to ship the within 3 days.. waited 1 week and contacted them to obtian status of my order. i was promised it will ship early next week. fast forward 3 weeks nothing has been shipped. i contact them again and was told the vendor didn't have them in stock but will ship in 2 days .. fast forward another 2.5 weeks and the item still hadn't shipped. i fought them to get my order canceled and refund my money. i called my credit card company and informed them what was happening .. week later i had money back in my account .. i bought them same part from anther vendor and was able to have it in my hands within 1 week of my order.

read this thread .. ( go to end of thread to see all the recent post with everyone having issues.. i will NEVER order from maryland speed again.. i don't care how cheap the prices are ..

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449961
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #9
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
+1 I'll never order from MarylandSpeed, as well. After 17 weeks of waiting and having no movement on some Kooks headers, I filed a dispute with my cc company. I'll never believe a word that the owner, Branden, says.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #10
SK GT

Drives: 18 Colorado ZR2, 17 1LE(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
+1 I'll never order from MarylandSpeed, as well. After 17 weeks of waiting and having no movement on some Kooks headers, I filed a dispute with my cc company. I'll never believe a word that the owner, Branden, says.
wow that is over 4 months...
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #11
nasbagoat

did this thread just get sensored? no title and op's photo is gone.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #12
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
i was wondering the same thing .. but i see it was edited by OP last? hmm wonder what happened..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
did this thread just get sensored? no title and op's photo is gone.
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
wow that is over 4 months...
Correct. And at the two month mark, Branden said "There's no way it'll be another two months" and talked me out of cancelling at that point, as I wanted to walk away. But, he got another two months of my time. Finally, I filed a dispute at the 17 week point, and I'm going to see that out, as I have zero confidence that he'd actually process a refund otherwise.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #14
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
You should be able to claim it as a loss with your CC company if you charged it and only be liable for what, $50?
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote