Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
1LE Struts

Anyone know the part number(s) for these?

Also, are there any modifications (new mounts, etc) that I need to put these on my car?

I don't want the entire 1LE track package, as I have other custom suspension work done by JPSS.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Why not just go the BillStein route?? Think if I didn't have a 1LE that's what I do
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
sspade

Interesting. I realize the quality of Bilstein but wasn't sure of the cost compared to 1LE or the difference in stance that it may have. I cant say that Ive seen a Camaro on Bilstein's (knowingly).

Would definitely appreciate more peoples opinion on this.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 07-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Right no bro !! Either way you can't go wrong you'll be happy . I think the cost difference is like $150-$250. I think ??? I just paid $427 shipped for my new rear 1LE shocks and I believe like $85 each front strut less then a year ago !
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
sspade

JPSS actually appears to have a nice deal on Bilstein B6 at ~$840, free shipping.

Can someone tell me if these are a direct swap with a stock V6 setup?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
JPSS actually appears to have a nice deal on Bilstein B6 at ~$840, free shipping.

Can someone tell me if these are a direct swap with a stock V6 setup?
Ask Pete.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
I will be at JPSS first weekend in August getting my 1LE struts and springs removed. Pete is doing the B6 struts and DSE 1.5" lowering springs.

My 1LE struts and springs will be up for sale after that. Driving from JPSS to Michigan and then to Florida so can drop of in between to save shipping. My factory struts and springs will have roughly 18K-19K miles.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #8
sspade

Confirmed with JP that they do fit.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Are you going to change the springs when you install the struts/shocks? Either way you go, 1le or Bilstein you will have a nice set up. The Bilsteins are better than the 1le's but you will pay a little extra. Are you doing the work yourself? Might as well put in 1le/ZL1 or Z28 RUCA bushings? You'll have most of the suspension unbolted/unsprung and will be getting an alignment anyway. I put in the Z28 bushings, if you want my 1le/ZL1 RUCA's(9k mi) $50 plus shipping?
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #10
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
B6s

Pete hooked me up with a nice set of B6s and they are way better than the OEM SS ones. I installed them with my BMR 1" lowering springs and cut the rear bump stops down 1" also.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #11
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
Pete hooked me up with a nice set of B6s and they are way better than the OEM SS ones. I installed them with my BMR 1" lowering springs and cut the rear bump stops down 1" also.
The B6s are inverted. The bump stops are internal.

Interesting video
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #12
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The B6s are inverted. The bump stops are internal.

Yes the front struts have internal bump stops which I was not sure I wanted to delve inside them brand new to cut down the stops. Nice video explaining how to do it. The instructions that came with the rear shocks showed to reuse the OEM external bumpstops on the bilsteins of which I did. I also did cut them down 1/2" of each end. Any suggestions on the front internal bumpstops or just leave them alone for now ?

Interesting video