Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Took car to dealership for a few things..

So on Wednesday night I took my camaro to the dealership to get my first oil change and such, update to android auto and take a look at the rubbing noise coming from the back when turning left, mainly after cold starts. The first service was done and I completely forgot that it's a different process to get staggered wheels rotated so now my tire letters are going to be on the inside, I guess I'll have to buy more lol. Now for the mylink update thing...this is where the problem is. They called on thrusday to tell me that the module locked up so they had to get a new one and replace it this morning. I was cool with it until they called me today and told me they didn't know what was going on. The mylink would not shut off after turning the car off and that they had to disconnect the battery so it won't get drained everytime...now I gotta wait til Monday. Has anybody had this problem or does my dealership not know what they're doing???
And finally they took my car for a 4 Mile drive to try and replicate a noise that happens only when you turn left...and then on top of that the keep telling me they don't hear anything. I'm trying to have them replicate it so they try and fix it with out me having to tell them to do flushes cause i feel they'll try to charge me for them or try to say it's normal. I'm having camaro withdrawal. Maybe I just needed to vent but if anyone has any advise feel free to chime in.
Jdelgado92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Idiots...they bricked the system doing an update, most likely they interrupted the power mid update. Find another dealer first, then burn them on the survey you get in a few weeks....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #3
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I'm not sure why your letters will be on the inside after rotation. The Goodyear tires aren't unidirectional so they will just swap the wheels/tires from side to side. The tires will spin the other direction after they are rotated but the outside will stay facing out after rotation.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Jdelgado92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Idiots...they bricked the system doing an update, most likely they interrupted the power mid update. Find another dealer first, then burn them on the survey you get in a few weeks....
Let's see how they resolve this and the rubbing noise otherwise I'm out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
I'm not sure why your letters will be on the inside after rotation. The Goodyear tires aren't unidirectional so they will just swap the wheels/tires from side to side. The tires will spin the other direction after they are rotated but the outside will stay facing out after rotation.
I was under the impression that they were directional, if they aren't then great! One less thing I gotta worry about.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Took mine in Weds. to fix the glitchy MyLink system. They call me Thursday and say they couldn't get to it so they'll work on it today. They call me today and say they have to work back and forth with Chevy to try and fix it and I won't get it back til Monday. No 'maro for the weekend. *RAGE*
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #6

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Well, the tire rotation has been known to get screwed up. Before you drive it off, make sure the staggered set-up is correct....(Wider wheels in the back, narrower wheels in the front)....Good luck.

Personally, tire rotation on a staggered set-up is more trouble than it's worth.....side to side only?....The risk of a mix-up at the dealer wouldn't be worth it to me....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
Jdelgado92

I know what you mean, the weekend is the only time I get to drive it, this is the first weekend without it

And now that I remember...I have wheel locks on... and he told me they rotated them...and I didn't leave the key with them or whatever it's called...somethings fishy.....
Old 11-05-2016, 02:10 AM   #8
Negative248

Drives: Wd1ss
The rubbing noise is probably your rear diff fluid . It needs to be changed after break in. Mine was making the same noise when cold. Changed fluid and it noise was gone. My dealer didn't even know about it. I'm sure theres a ton of guys on this forum pissed about the rear diff as I was.. good luck..Ps you must use the gm stuff dex ls 75w 90 with friction modifier don't waste your money on other gear oils like I did
Negative248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 AM   #9
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
I know what you mean, the weekend is the only time I get to drive it, this is the first weekend without it

And now that I remember...I have wheel locks on... and he told me they rotated them...and I didn't leave the key with them or whatever it's called...somethings fishy.....
When I've brought in cars with wheel locks to the dealer they've not needed the key because they have a set (if they're factory locks).

Regarding the MyLink update when I had brought mine in to the dealer a few months ago they would not do it - there was a message the dealer received from 'the powers that be' to absolutely not do it, even if requested. There was some reason they gave, so what happened to you might be related.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #10
Jdelgado92

@negative Ive never changed rear differential fluid before, is it difficult?

@Allez I'm not sure what it is but when I told the sales rep about updating, he looked at me like as if I spoke a whole nother language to him. Should seen the red flags there. And for the wheel locks , I bought them off amazon. The black gorilla locks. I mean it does matter if they did or not, the car only had 3600 miles on it so it's not necessary yet i don't think
Old 11-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #11
Genesis7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Yeah me too only on cold starts when I turn left or right there is a noise like some metal and rubber are rubbing, I thought it was a steering system issue. Is the rear diff fluid really causing this noise?
Genesis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #12
Negative248

Drives: Wd1ss
To bolts on diff housing...all u need is a 3/8 ratchet. And a pump to pump the new oil in. You can get the pump at any auto parts store I believe. Takes 10 to 15 minutes save yourself 200$ from the crooks at the dealer...fluid changes aren't covered under warranty..use jack stands or car ramps which is easier..and I'll say it again Do NOT use any else but the gm stuff it's called dex ls 75w 90 with friction modifier. Order it online it will be way cheaper then the dealer.
Negative248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #13
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Yeah, even if they were unidirectional it would not change what's facing out. The only way that could happen is if they physically removed the tire from rim and turned it around.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #14
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
I was under the impression that they were directional, if they aren't then great! One less thing I gotta worry about.
If you read the sidewall and don't see any arrows or references to the rotational direction of the tire, it's not a directional tire. My Goodyear Eagle F1's have a ton of arrows etched in them pointing in the direction of their intended rotation as a warning.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote