Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I need help ASAP

Fellow Owners,

My car has a really ANNOYING issue... whenever I hit exactly 40 MPH and on, BOTH windows let air into the car creating a loud annoying whistling noise. After 4 days of the car being in the shop, GM told the dealer its NORMAL for air to be getting in..

I'm asking every owner here to please respond with either yes or no on this being "normal".

SECOND issue

I'm asking owners to push down on the center bezel where the AIRCON buttons ar located and tell me if the unit squeaks when pushed down.. Again, ANOTHER issue GM said is NORMAL in my 45k car.... Refusing to replace the bezel.

Please help me out and report back.

Thank you

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my :liaison" at GM.. They MIGHT be able to send an engineer out to me, but it'll be weeks before they can do it... wow.... "The car performs as designed, nothing we can do"...

Word for word.

Last edited by samsumon; 06-08-2016 at 02:38 PM.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
Jmetc89

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I don't have the issues with air coming in both windows. But on the passenger side i hear a lot of wind like the window is down. Not sure what the issue is. Mine also creates this crazy sound if I have driver side window open and the the other one completely closed at low speeds. I always have to lower the other one slightly to keep it from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmetc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmetc89 View Post
I don't have the issues with air coming in both windows. But on the passenger side i hear a lot of wind like the window is down. Not sure what the issue is. Mine also creates this crazy sound if I have driver side window open and the the other one completely closed at low speeds. I always have to lower the other one slightly to keep it from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. This is for windows 100% UP.... My car, at EXACTLY 40, lets air in, enough to make a noticeable sound that can be heard on BOTH sides of the car...

GM JUST told the dealer it is the wind, not the car that is at fault. WORD FOR WORD...

Please report back on the second issue as well.. Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Are you actually having air enter the cabin at 40mph with the windows closed or are you just saying it sounds like excessive wind noise at that speed? Are your windows indexed so they completely seal at the weatherstripping?
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #5
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Are you actually having air enter the cabin at 40mph with the windows closed or are you just saying it sounds like excessive wind noise at that speed? Are your windows indexed so they completely seal at the weatherstripping?
Air comes into the car... It's a fine pitch noise of air rushing into a small hole.

Windows are 100% shut and seals "look" ok.. But NO Camaro I have driven has given the noise... Its not wind noise as in loud turbulent noise.. It is 100% air getting into a small crack and pressure pushing it in thus creating the squeak .
Old 06-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #6
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Simple... Does dealer say it's normal also? Have him take you for a test drive on another car and see if it has it also... If not; there's your proof of BS
Old 06-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Has Mother Nature issued a TSB for wind issues related to Alpha based Camaros?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
I have wind noise... but nothing like what you describe.. I don't have any wind coming in from either of my windows.

I have pressed the buttons on the console fairly hard many times, but havent heard any squeaking noise..

The only place I hear the squeaking noise when pushed harder is the bumpers... i can virtually not have any pressure on them while cleaning them..
Old 06-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Air comes into the car... It's a fine pitch noise of air rushing into a small hole.

Windows are 100% shut and seals "look" ok.. But NO Camaro I have driven has given the noise... Its not wind noise as in loud turbulent noise.. It is 100% air getting into a small crack and pressure pushing it in thus creating the squeak .
Is it coming in on the top of the window of the rear vertical edge of the window. Does the window molding look intact, or possibly distorted in any way? I am assuming if air can get through then maybe water can as well. Maybe spray some water around there to see if you get any seepage and then tell you dealer water and it get in now.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #10
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
Simple... Does dealer say it's normal also? Have him take you for a test drive on another car and see if it has it also... If not; there's your proof of BS
Why I'm making the thread right now... I keep telling them it is NOT normal, they said GM told them otherwise, regardless of how other cars drive. EVEN the rep who is helping me told me his car does not make noise.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Has Mother Nature issued a TSB for wind issues related to Alpha based Camaros?
lol
Old 06-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
I have wind noise... but nothing like what you describe.. I don't have any wind coming in from either of my windows.

I have pressed the buttons on the console fairly hard many times, but havent heard any squeaking noise..

The only place I hear the squeaking noise when pushed harder is the bumpers... i can virtually not have any pressure on them while cleaning them..

Thank you for the help.. Again, the more evidence I GET the better.. They said that is NORMAL for the car.. That pushing on that bezel will squeak, even if they replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Is it coming in on the top of the window of the back vertical edge of the window. Does the molding look intact, or distorted in any way?
It is coming from the front portion of the windows... Molding was cracked, got replaced and still has the noise.. The noise comes from the general area where the rear view mirror meets the side door...
Old 06-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #12
RazorbackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Black, 6MT
I'm going with not normal, mine makes neither noise, and it has over 11,000 miles.
RazorbackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
no wind noise here. maybe you need to re-sync your pinch points/window setting?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
no wind noise here. maybe you need to re-sync your pinch points/window setting?
Again, this is GM telling the dealer it is normal!! I have no idea what the hell to do..