The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Ladies of Camaro5 that HAVE their Camaros...

So I'm curious if anyone else has had any scary experiences involving strange men while your driving your Camaro..
I'm not talking the usual attention that the car gets I'm talking freak you out weirdo..Example..

Last night..it was kinda late about 10:30ish when my daughter and I were driving home from my brothers.. I had noticed this truck following my every lane change a few back but thought nothing of it..As we stop at the light he flashes his lights at me.. My daughter didnt notice so I thought maybe it was in my head.. Then at the next light he flashes his lights at me again but this time he was flashing them alot... My daughter saw it then..LOL..She thought it was a cop..lmao.. anyway..I checked my gauges, tire pressure etc.. to make sure there wasnt an issue he was trying to warn be about..The light turns green and we take off.. He gets on side of me and stays at my speed staring into the car..My daughter gets freaked out at this point and so I got us the hell outta there.. Funny thing is my husband and my boys were behind us and he saw the whole thing.. He called me up and was like "what's up with that dude..do you know him?" I didn't of course and then I asked hubby if he saw any issues with my car that would cause this guy to do what he did.. There was none.
I was a little bothered by it.. I often speak to guys at red lights about the car...I don't mind sharing info about my baby..And I was not really freaked out cause I knew my hubby and my 3 boys were behind me but my daughter has decided that I need mace..

So I'm curious.. Any other ladies have a stalker experience while out driving their Camaro?

Oh and yeah.. I'm getting some mace..
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Mace is fun stuff. Don't get it in your eye though, hurts a lot. I was playing with my friend's Mace and apparently got some of it on my finger. Wiped it off, two hours later I rubbed the corner of my eye and it started burning like hell.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Mace is fun stuff. Don't get it in your eye though, hurts a lot. I was playing with my friend's Mace and apparently got some of it on my finger. Wiped it off, two hours later I rubbed the corner of my eye and it started burning like hell.
Yeah Fen... That sounds like LOTS of fun

The fam is making me get some since they witnessed the incident or whatever you want to call it..My thinking is the mother f'er can't catch me so no mace is needed..
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
So I'm curious if anyone else has had any scary experiences involving strange men while your driving your Camaro..
I'm not talking the usual attention that the car gets I'm talking freak you out weirdo..Example..

Last night..it was kinda late about 10:30ish when my daughter and I were driving home from my brothers.. I had noticed this truck following my every lane change a few back but thought nothing of it..As we stop at the light he flashes his lights at me.. My daughter didnt notice so I thought maybe it was in my head.. Then at the next light he flashes his lights at me again but this time he was flashing them alot... My daughter saw it then..LOL..She thought it was a cop..lmao.. anyway..I checked my gauges, tire pressure etc.. to make sure there wasnt an issue he was trying to warn be about..The light turns green and we take off.. He gets on side of me and stays at my speed staring into the car..My daughter gets freaked out at this point and so I got us the hell outta there.. Funny thing is my husband and my boys were behind us and he saw the whole thing.. He called me up and was like "what's up with that dude..do you know him?" I didn't of course and then I asked hubby if he saw any issues with my car that would cause this guy to do what he did.. There was none.
I was a little bothered by it.. I often speak to guys at red lights about the car...I don't mind sharing info about my baby..And I was not really freaked out cause I knew my hubby and my 3 boys were behind me but my daughter has decided that I need mace..

So I'm curious.. Any other ladies have a stalker experience while out driving their Camaro?

Oh and yeah.. I'm getting some mace..
Mace my ass.

Name:  kel-tec_pf9-1.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  31.2 KB
Old 09-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Abygale

Drives: .
Not yet Chel, but that's a good reminder to all the ladies to watch their surroundings especially at night. It's a good thing your husband was nearby. It sounds like he just wanted to ask questions about the car, but you never know so it was better to be safe than sorry.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
Not quite to that degree, but I get approached just about every time I park somewhere. So far, everyone has been pretty polite and asks permission to look or take a pic. Usually people just pull up next to me and give me the thumbs up or take pics.

If someone is freaking you out that bad, call the cops. Even if he wasn't dangerous, someone needs to tell him that he is acting like an ass. No one better to do that than a police officer.

Be careful and happy motoring.
I agree..He turned off of the highway after I made my "getaway" So it didn't come to that thank goodness..And I will talk to anyone who0 wants to about my car, which as you know..is ALL the time..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Mace my ass.

Attachment 55641

Yeah.. I'd just get into trouble with that thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Not yet Chel, but that's a good reminder to all the ladies to watch their surroundings especially at night. It's a good thing your husband was nearby. It sounds like he just wanted to ask questions about the car, but you never know so it was better to be safe than sorry.
Definitely.. It was the first time in 3 and a half months with my car that I have felt uneasy.. All of the beautiful Camaro5 ladies need to be aware of their surroundings and BE SAFE!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
9MM, never leave home without it.
Damn girl!! Where do you live??

but seriously.. we do have guns but they stay at home in the gun safe..I ride around with my little fellows alot and I would hate for them to get their hands on one..They both have guns of their own ( in the gun safe with locks on the triggers) so they have a basic knowledge of how they work.. Matter of fact, they're pretty good with their own guns..lol..

I just wouldn't feel safe having one in my car unsecured with my kids..Ya know?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

but seriously.. we do have guns but they stay at home in the gun safe..I ride around with my little fellows alot and I would hate for them to get their hands on one..They both have guns of their own ( in the gun safe with locks on the triggers) so they have a basic knowledge of how they work.. Matter of fact, they're pretty good with their own guns..lol..

I just wouldn't feel safe having one in my car unsecured with my kids..Ya know?
Nothing wrong with that. Mine are older. I keep mine on my person anyway. Unless I'm going into a public place, then I put it under the seat. Of course if I'm not gonna be there for a while I just keep it on me. Not supposed to carry like that but who will know?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
She's a Texas girl.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
You did good
Do the doors lock when you put the car in gear?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
You did good
Oh yeah.. I need to read my Camaro manual tho..I set my Yukon up to lock when the truck was started and unlock when the key was removed from the ignition. I'm gonna set it up that way if possible..Cause sometimes I forget to lock the doors when I'm just sitting in it park..
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #12
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
You did good
Isn't that an automatic feature? As in it ships from the factory with that function turned on?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I'm glad everything worked out just fine, and your husband was following behind. However, and this goes out to everyone, male or female, if you are alone, and have a feeling of being followed, YES call the POLICE.

If for some reason you are unable to call Police, the next best thing is to drive to the nearest police station.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
wow that's weird, but there's lots of weird people today.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote