Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-03-2015, 02:02 AM   #1
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Fuel trims

Just a question about fuel trims and a/f ratios. On my stock tune my a/f ratio would never leave 1.0(command equalance ratio) and my short term fuel trim would vary between lean and rich like normal And my
Long term fuel trim was very steady. After my tune, ratio drops to about .81 on heavy acceleration ( which I've read places that it's normal), and on my tune my STFT switches back and forth. And so does my LTFT. At idle not to much. But more under acceleration. Are these things normal or should I have a talk with my Tuner ?
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Sounds normal, though even on a stock tune the A/F Ratio sensor should have a moving voltage especially under high RPM. For instance .9 volts to 1.1 volts, but I'm talking about actual voltage not what the ECM is looking for

Fuel trims will switch between rich and lean faster when the RPM is higher and slower when it's at idle. Just look at actual fuel trims and as long as they're ok you shouldn't have a problem
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote