Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
My link

Well. Took the car to the dealership last week because the mylink radio wouldn't shut off when the key was out of the ignition. Long story short. It drained the battery and had all sorts of issues. This was after 14 months of owning the car.
The dealer claims they had to do a software update on the radio to get it to shutoff and the battery drained because I don't drive the car enough. It is a weekend cruiser. I call baloney to the battery issue but the update solved the radio issue.
In doing the update something else got screwed up with the mylink radio....The artwork on the xm channels is all messed up. For example the graphic for howard stern used to be a fist. Now it's a kid on a tricycle. A news channel has a picture of a referee instead of what it used to be. After a few hours dealing with chevy and xm pointing the finger at each I now have to take a half a day off of work and go to dealership to show them the problem ?
Yes. I could turn off the artwork and look at a blue screen but that's not the point. I want my radio to work properly.
This radio is nothing but a headache. I still can't reply to texts messages. It doesn't give me that option. I get incoming but that's about all
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
could you post a pic of the software version that you have? i want top see if it's the same as mine or different. im having some issues too and wouldn't mind getting an update, but according to a chevy representative, i don't have an update available. i used to not be able to reply to text, now i can, but when i do the bluetooth disconnects and like 20 sec later it reconnects. which to me is a pain in the ass for when im listening to music via bluetooth. also, when i want to reply to texts, it doesn't show all the pre recorded text messages(be there in 10 minutes). and one last problem that i had is the loading of the phonebook, i had to download a 3rd party app to be able to make a call using bluetooth.

p.s what kind of phone do you use?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
punk5150

Dropped the car off at the shop. Will get software update later. Using an iPhone 5.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Jalberdi99

my wife had an iphone5 and she can't reply on her equinox mylink ether. i believe is a phone issue
Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The XM artwork is likely XM messing around and not a radio issue. The last few times I've seen reports of the XM artwork changing, it was related to XM network.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #6
punk5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
could you post a pic of the software version that you have? i want top see if it's the same as mine or different. im having some issues too and wouldn't mind getting an update, but according to a chevy representative, i don't have an update available. i used to not be able to reply to text, now i can, but when i do the bluetooth disconnects and like 20 sec later it reconnects. which to me is a pain in the ass for when im listening to music via bluetooth. also, when i want to reply to texts, it doesn't show all the pre recorded text messages(be there in 10 minutes). and one last problem that i had is the loading of the phonebook, i had to download a 3rd party app to be able to make a call using bluetooth.

p.s what kind of phone do you use?
Here is the latest software update. As per the dealer June 30. The reply texting doesn't work. Dealer said that the iPhone 6 won't let you text back. A few channels reverted back to the original artwork. Get this. I left the dealer and the artwork was wrong. About halfway home the artwork on a few channels changed back on its own. This radio will drive a person nuts.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  155.9 KB
Old 06-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
As someone else pointed out, the artwork changing is an XM issue, not the My Link. Happens on mine from time to time, and it does not bother me at all.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
punk5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
As someone else pointed out, the artwork changing is an XM issue, not the My Link. Happens on mine from time to time, and it does not bother me at all.
I have got to disagree with this statement. My friend has a 2014 SS identical car as me and his artwork is what mine used to be. We put the same channel on at the same time and got two completely different graphics.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #9
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
We put the same channel on at the same time and got two completely different graphics.
XM is not a broadcast radio technology like FM or AM. It's actually a data channel somewhat like Internet connectivity. It can send and/or receive data to/from your car. In the case of the graphics, it sends a picture to your radio and tells your radio to use that picture when tuned to a particular channel. If, for some reason, that list of pictures and channels (aka a database) gets discombobulated for whatever reason, your radio can not only show you the wrong picture for any particular channel but it can be totally different from a radio that's right next to it.

As you noticed, give XM a while to get it sorted out on your radio and you'll have the correct pictures for the correct channels.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #10
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Here is the latest software update. As per the dealer June 30. The reply texting doesn't work. Dealer said that the iPhone 6 won't let you text back. A few channels reverted back to the original artwork. Get this. I left the dealer and the artwork was wrong. About halfway home the artwork on a few channels changed back on its own. This radio will drive a person nuts.

Attachment 727139
this is what i got, is the higher the number the latest update we have? is this how this works? and this is how it come from the first day i bought the car new
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #11
punk5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
this is what i got, is the higher the number the latest update we have? is this how this works? and this is how it come from the first day i bought the car new
when did you get your car ? What your saying is you got the car and never had the radio updated. If I don't have the latest edition I am going to go nuts on the dealer. They may have lied to me and made me waste 2 trips and 2 half days worth of work to get this problem resolved.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #12
Jalberdi99

Bought it last November and never had an update
Old 07-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Attachment 727139
Hi Punk5150,

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience with your MyLink system and can definitely understand how frustrating this can be. I would be happy to look into this further and offer any additional support while working with the dealership.

If this interests you, please send us a private message along with your VIN, mileage, involved dealer and contact information.

Kindly,

Kaylee D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #14
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Bought mine last June, no update
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote