Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Question Which exaust to choose?

Hi,

I have a 2013 2LT RS v6 Auto Camaro and wanted to get some opinions on exausts. I've been checking out videos and reading threads but unfortunately, I do not know any camaro owners to hear the sound of different exaust systems.

So far I like Borla Touring and I hear great stuff about Corsa. I would prefer to go the cheaper route and get axel back but would do cat if the price is right. I def want to hear the car so don't want something that is too low of a growl but do not want that evil drone in the cabin.

Any personal preferences for you guys? Have any of you installed an exaust and then decided to get something else? I'd like to hear all of your opinions and hopefully I will have my own in a week or two!

Currently the only performance thing I have installed is a vmaxx spiral throttle body. Will be getting CAI but after the exaust.

Thanks,
Vai
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #2
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Hi,

I have a 2013 2LT RS v6 Auto Camaro and wanted to get some opinions on exausts. I've been checking out videos and reading threads but unfortunately, I do not know any camaro owners to hear the sound of different exaust systems.

So far I like Borla Touring and I hear great stuff about Corsa. I would prefer to go the cheaper route and get axel back but would do cat if the price is right. I def want to hear the car so don't want something that is too low of a growl but do not want that evil drone in the cabin.

Any personal preferences for you guys? Have any of you installed an exaust and then decided to get something else? I'd like to hear all of your opinions and hopefully I will have my own in a week or two!

Currently the only performance thing I have installed is a vmaxx spiral throttle body. Will be getting CAI but after the exaust.

Thanks,
Vai
Check out camaro utube vids..listen with headphones
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Most guys here like the MRT exhausts best, but there's Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc. The LLT forum has an exhaust sticky.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
If you want excellent sound a good catback will be the way to go. If you want good sound mrtv2 axle back is good. Just don't expect wonders from mrt is sounds good but not great. I currently have it on mine because I can't justify the cost of a catback.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
LostInAustin

Drives: 2013 2LS
I have flowmaster super 40 mufflers and a magnaflow resonated X pipe , total it costs me 425 installed . Its not super loud but I have received tons of comments on the tone , very deep rumble ... I like it , but I agree listen to YouTube videos with headphones. Even then you can't really hear the lower tones of the exhaust note , best option would be to go to one of the local meets and hear them in person.

Cosmetic Painted Bowties : Painted Tail Light Bezels : Blacked Out Side Markers : 19x10 Forgestar CF10's
LostInAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #6
Vai

Thanks guys! I listened to soo many videos using good headsets but unfortunately nothing compares to the hear and now. I have asked locally if anyone was willing to meet up so I can see and hear the setups. Hopefully someone will come through!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #7
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInAustin View Post
I have flowmaster super 40 mufflers and a magnaflow resonated X pipe , total it costs me 425 installed . Its not super loud but I have received tons of comments on the tone , very deep rumble ... I like it , but I agree listen to YouTube videos with headphones. Even then you can't really hear the lower tones of the exhaust note , best option would be to go to one of the local meets and hear them in person.
i really like the way this setup sounds..i was prevously looking into getting this one
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
Vai

What exaust do you have now?
Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #9
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
im still shopping around trying to figure out which one to get
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #10
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The MRT V 2.0 and Magnaflow axlebacks are my top choices.

Let em know if you have any questions on them.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #11
SkipHit

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
I have a 2010 and am looking to do the samething. Borla's cat back system has a nice sound.
SkipHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #12
Vai

Okay, so I have a few systems that I will be checking out at a local meet. Now my question is...Is it possible to hook up any of the exaust Axel back systems to have an exit from the center of the diffuser? I want it to be a rectangle single pipe exiting the diffuser or if not possible maybe 2 round exaust pipes? Is this possible and do you know of anyone that has done it/pics?

Thanks again guys!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:10 AM   #13
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Okay, so I have a few systems that I will be checking out at a local meet. Now my question is...Is it possible to hook up any of the exaust Axel back systems to have an exit from the center of the diffuser? I want it to be a rectangle single pipe exiting the diffuser or if not possible maybe 2 round exaust pipes? Is this possible and do you know of anyone that has done it/pics?

Thanks again guys!
Anything is possible with exhaust, you just have to fabricate it. There is not anything off the shelf like that that I am aware of though.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #14
Vai

@Chase - you always have all the answers! Thank you!!