The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
droideka

Drives: 2012 Subaru STI
Question Is the C7 pretty brutal right out of the box?

hi there! well, i've been bitten by the C7 bug and it seems likely i will not recover. i've NEVER been a 'vette guy, nor do i prefer 'murican cars, but the stingray is speaking to me CONSTANTLY. i visited a local dealer last week to review the order process and delivery times. i'm lusting over a CGM 1LT w/Z51, Comp seats, Perf exhaust, CF-painted spoiler/mirrors and yellow calipers.

i currently drive a 2012 Subaru STI with Stg 2 mods good for 390HP/450TRQ at the crank. the STI is a FUN car and i love AWD (there's no experience quite like it) although i live in DFW and don't really require it. the STI is fast, raucous and abrasive, but the power delivery is not quite as linear as i'd like. i could get a custom tune, but don't want to waste money when i could just as easily switch out to a C7. on top of that, i'm 44 and grew up on heavy metal and muscle cars and the lure of RWD is calling me back. hell, my first car was a '64 Ford Fairlane coupe with a 289 bored out to a 302. it wasn't fast by today's standards, but it was a handful for a 16 year-old.

my STI is a weekend/pleasure car as would be the C7. i have a brand new DD that is as slow as a snail, a workhorse and gets me to and fro just fine, so DDing a C7 is not a concern for me. all of that being said, i have a couple of questions for you folks:

1. Are you satisfied with the power, handling and braking of your C7 in stock form, or do you yearn for more? on paper, i don't see how anyone could be disappointed, but i just have to ask. i am one of those guys who believes in two things; girls can never be too skinny and you can always use more power.

2. i'm built like an F1 driver, lean and shaped like a V. i want the Competition seats, but i am concerned about resale should i want/need to trade out in a few years. are the Competition buckets too tight for the general population and would i be limiting my resale options? i haven't seen a C7 at the dealer, much less sat in one, so again, i have to ask.

thanks in advance for your feedback and i hope to join you soon. here's a pic of my current weekender for sh*ts and grins.

droideka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
No vette person here either...always Porsches or BMW ...
1. Yes..huge power and great handling along with solid interior exterior quality...the car is a monster in all respects.
2. Comp sats will work for the majority if you want them. They are not restrictive.

My vette after about 20 subtle mods :

Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
droideka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
No vette person here either...always Porsches or BMW ...
1. Yes..huge power and great handling along with solid interior exterior quality...the car is a monster in all respects.
2. Comp sats will work for the majority if you want them. They are not restrictive.
thanks for the response, glen. love to hear that, "the car is a monster in all respects." and your C7 looks killer.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
Hi droideka, welcome.

It sounds like you've pretty much made up made up your mind. From what I've seen seen/heard from anyone who has bought one or wants one loves it (even the ones that have had issues). My opinion is that there's no other car out there that offers this much car for the money. Also I'm a large font capital V and I have sat in both seats and fit well in both, for resale I would think comp. seats would add to the value.

Just curious what dealer did you visit and what time frame did they estimate? I'm also from the DFW area.

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
droideka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochaloch View Post
Hi droideka, welcome.

It sounds like you've pretty much made up made up your mind. From what I've seen seen/heard from anyone who has bought one or wants one loves it (even the ones that have had issues). My opinion is that there's no other car out there that offers this much car for the money. Also I'm a large font capital V and I have sat in both seats and fit well in both, for resale I would think comp. seats would add to the value.

Just curious what dealer did you visit and what time frame did they estimate? I'm also from the DFW area.
Thanks for the welcome, Koch! yes. i have made up my mind. heh.

i visited Stonebriar at 121/Ohio. told me MSRP and two to three months.