The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #1
Pollickjp

Drives: 3LT all option minus competi seats
ENGINE RPLACEMENT AT 2300 MILES

2 weeks to replace torque tube now stalling issue from loose crankshaft rqr dealer to replace engine...had 3 stalls in 2 miles and took dealer 2 days to check crank endplay found crank walking forward...did torque tube rattlle come from sloppy crank or other way around?? GM district managers the only help Ive got to remedy problem so Im thankful they stand behind their product...Anyone else having STALLING ISSUES????
Pollickjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
killascrimp

Drives: 14 z51
NO STALLING from me hope this is a isolated issue, you do live in Florida, sounds like you might of received a LEMON..... It happens time to time w every car, but damn that sucks...I cant imagine any new car owner would be to pleased w the problems you are having.
killascrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Pollickjp

Id be surprized if crank and torque tube an isolated problem...bet we'll see more...since its a quality control issue its caused by human error...not by design
Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollickjp View Post
2 weeks to replace torque tube now stalling issue from loose crankshaft rqr dealer to replace engine...had 3 stalls in 2 miles and took dealer 2 days to check crank endplay found crank walking forward...did torque tube rattlle come from sloppy crank or other way around?? GM district managers the only help Ive got to remedy problem so Im thankful they stand behind their product...Anyone else having STALLING ISSUES????
I see you're from Jacksonville. Who Is your dealer? I bought from Nimnicht.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
Pollickjp

GEORGE MOOREC CHEVY
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Very sorry to hear about your issues. I hope they can resolve everything to your satisfaction.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
MiamiDadeVette

Drives: 2014 Corvette Z51
Send a message via AIM to MiamiDadeVette
I have 1060 Miles, My C7 stalled in the middle of the street, RPM then began flickering.
MiamiDadeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
MiamiDadeVette

Drives: 2014 Corvette Z51
Send a message via AIM to MiamiDadeVette
Waiting to see what the Chevy Representative will do, hope I don't have to deal with more problems
MiamiDadeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #9
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Mine had a spark plug line issue at 1200 miles...
Needed replacement

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
I mean 60-80 grand,I would be HOT.
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #11
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollickjp View Post
Yes, torque tube assembly replaced and then 300 or 400 miles later the car stalles at a light would not restart almost like a weak battery, towed to dealer and after the car cooled down it started, next day techs said no problem found. Few days later drove the car around for 20 min and to go to the store car was hard to start but started, took it out a day later and drove it for 30 minutes then drove it to the dealer, had the service writer come out and the car would not restart, left it and later that day it started with no problem. The service writer who has some background it repair got the techs and shop manager and recreated the problem which has to be heat related. Last Wednesday it went to first level GM tech support and was informed Friday the problem has esculated to second level GM support. I have not been informed of their intentions and my service writer stated he would not say any more than that until they have a solution. I have no problem with that because I am being updated as they find out.

VIN 0170 -3LT Z51 A6 MSRC NPP
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #12
VertOnOrder

Drives: C7 Vert on order, 3LT, NPP, MagRide
967 miles on my car...and it has been at dealer for 2 weeks...they can't figure out problem. I only brought it in for a "flutter sound" I thought it would be in and out in a day or two...

They just took motor out if car and waiting on GM for next move.

Had it less than a month...this is disheartening. Don't know if I should push for a new car, or new engine??

What do you guys think?
VertOnOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #13
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by VertOnOrder View Post
967 miles on my car...and it has been at dealer for 2 weeks...they can't figure out problem. I only brought it in for a "flutter sound" I thought it would be in and out in a day or two...

They just took motor out if car and waiting on GM for next move.

Had it less than a month...this is disheartening. Don't know if I should push for a new car, or new engine??

What do you guys think?
Well GM usually dosn't give out car replacements, but if they determine it's an engine problem they should replace it and get the pulled engine sent back for failure analysis.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:17 AM   #14
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
How would a replacement engine affect "numbers matching" on a C7 or does that only matter on cars like a C1, C2, C3, etc.? Maybe it really doesn't matter, but I think I would want my numbers to match. So, I think I would have Chevy and my dealer fix whatever problem there was with my engine rather than replace it with a non numbers matching engine. Also, lets say a few years down the road I want to trade in my C7 on a ZO6/ZO7, or a ZR1 should there be one, how would a non numbers matching engine affect trade in value? I don't think I'd want to get into a situation where I have to explain why the numbers don't match. If Chevy wants to replace the engine, I think I'd insist Chevy make my engine number match the rest of my C7 if that is possible. If not, I'd make GM fix my engine.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote