The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 09-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
[PICS] Another Look at the 2014 Corvette Stingray's License Plate Holder

Quote:
With more than 30 states in the U.S.A. requiring the use of a front license plate, the C7 Corvette Stingray’s designers set out to give owners a simple, integrated and non-permanent way to meet the requirements of having a plate without the killing the car’s aerodynamics.

At the Labor Day Anniversary Celebration in Bowling Green, there was a Night Race Blue 2014 Corvette Stingray showing the license plate holder on the car.

Because the front license plate holder on the C6 Corvette was considered by many to be an after-thought, it became one of the design elements that Corvette’s designers set out to improve on the C7 Corvette.

It was of such importance that Corvette’s Exterior Design Manager Kirk Bennion sought us out the night of the reveal in Detroit to demonstrate how the license plate holder mounts to the car. Watch that video here.

The plate attaches to the middle of the Corvette’s grill with speed clips that pass through and connect in the back. Tadge Juechter, Corvette’s Chief Engineer has said that the license plate is fine for normal every day driving, but at the track you would want to remove it to give the Stingray the most air possible.

Despite the ease of use, we don’t recall seeing any of the C7 Corvette Stingray Prototypes wearing the front license plate until we saw this one at the Museum:
From CorvetteBlogger.com
Old 09-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I'll pay the $15 for the cover, but there is no way a license plate is going on the front of mine. That's just a chance I'll have to take while driving. Thanks for the post, I think the nameplate looks great, but couldn't imagine a license plate there.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
No front plate needed in Florida, but I'd probably order it just for giggles. It's a much more seamless integration than what the C6 had.