The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Pulled over for going 2 miles over the limit

So I'm going down the road doing 62mph in a 60 mph zone. I didn't think that cops pulled people over for 2 mph. So I didn't really pay attention to my radar detector when it was flashing and beeping at me. Because I had the cruise control on.

Long story short, he gives me a warning for my speeding and a fix it ticket for windows being too dark. 5% I guess is beyond the legal limit. It's 35% in Nebraska. When he said my windows are too dark, I said "Oh" and didn't even try to defend myself. Anyone else have this happen to you?
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Look at my sig pic. That was the second time that day I got pulled over. First time I got a fix it ticket for my tint. Second time was a warning for no front license plate. The second State Trooper was pretty cool. We talked for about 20 minutes about my Camaro and how he wished his patrol car was a Camaro. Both Troopers were good guys.

He did mention that those warnings for speeding are just an opportunity to check for worse violations.

Last edited by JEFF75645; 03-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.
JEFF75645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
No...nope...can't say I've ever heard of anyone getting a citation for anything...sorry...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
No...nope...can't say I've ever heard of anyone getting a citation for anything...sorry...
Don't be an ass
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Damn 2 miles a hour, Cop must of been bored , Or owns a mustang?, He did you no favors on your tint either , I would be mad as hell if i were you, Thats BS now you have to rip your tint off, Think they might have something better to do than harass a law abiding taxpayer over 2 miles a hour , Like lots of better stuff to do,Fight the ticket at least make him show up before you rip off your tint ,once in awhile you get lucky and they wont show up, If you can find out if he is taking a vacation and schedule your court apperance for that time frame
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Damn 2 miles a hour, Cop must of been bored , Or owns a mustang?, He did you no favors on your tint either , I would be mad as hell if i were you, Thats BS now you have to rip your tint off, Think they might have something better to do than harass a law abiding taxpayer over 2 miles a hour , Like lots of better stuff to do,Fight the ticket at least make him show up before you rip off your tint ,once in awhile you get lucky and they wont show up, If you can find out if he is taking a vacation and schedule your court apperance for that time frame
He's not law abiding if his tint is illegal. He broke the law and got a ticket...what is there to fight?

Not trying to bash you Stephens...I think it's all bs also

2 miles over though? Shesh...I would never pull someone over for that. Was it raining?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
samtheman32

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
I would be so pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
LOL, I like how you think
Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Fix it tickets aren't recorded in my state. I talked to an Army friend of mine and he is a LEO and he said to throw it away and don't worry about it. So I left my tint illegal and hope I don't get pulled over again.

It's ok to bash on me, I know I am a criminal for knowingly having illegal windows. It feels good to be bad. LOL
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
Fix it tickets aren't recorded in my state. I talked to an Army friend of mine and he is a LEO and he said to throw it away and don't worry about it. So I left my tint illegal and hope I don't get pulled over again.

It's ok to bash on me, I know I am a criminal for knowingly having illegal windows. It feels good to be bad. LOL
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #10

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Warning ticket though is something to be aware of....Might be no free pass the next time for speeding, if the warning shows up...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #11
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Here they keep track of warnings and can look back over 2 years. The DPS that is. Learned this the hard way.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
cjcamaro10

Drives: 2010 LS 6M
most radar guns aren't even that accurate let alone your Speedo.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
cjcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #13
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
I'd say your lucky. First time I ever got pulled over in my life was for window tint. 35% and I wasn't even speeding. No warning just a $100 ticket. All my friends laugh because they have gotten warnings for going 10-15 mph over. Officer must have been having a bad day.
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post

So your the one that got pulled over. Imagine getting locked up for this. And they ask you hey..."What are you in for?". illegal windows you? So you stole some windows illegally? No. I was driving with illegal tint.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote