Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
Camaro4Life2011

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT RS with Sunroof
Talking CSA-Camaro Anxiety Separation

Baby's been sitting in the garage for the past few days. Never realized how much I enjoy driving it every day until now when I have not been able to. Got at least 2 feet of snow where I live in NJ. Shoveled the driveway for at least 2 hours, and I am gonna make an attempt to drive her out should be interesting!
Camaro4Life2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My Camaro got parked on November 4th. You think its bad after a few days, try a couple months. It doesn't get any easier!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro4Life2011 View Post
Baby's been sitting in the garage for the past few days. Never realized how much I enjoy driving it every day until now when I have not been able to. Got at least 2 feet of snow where I live in NJ. Shoveled the driveway for at least 2 hours, and I am gonna make an attempt to drive her out should be interesting!

Same here.. luckily though it looks like its melting away fast so I think it might make sense to wait it out till the roads are bone dry minus the snow and salt before you remove her from the garage.
SSdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Watch it you don't have snow tires and with rear drive tha't dangerous.
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
My car has been sitting for 3 days, waiting for the roads to dry up after the snow.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
CSA or "Camaro Seperation Anxiety" is commonly seen among Gen5 owners. Those afflicted mention having mild to severe reactions to any amount of time disengaged from some form of activity with their Camaro. CSA sufferers often find themselves outside of work on break looking at their Camaro if not taking their entire break in their Camaro. They go outside in the middle of the night to check on their Camaro. If they are without their Camaro for too long they begin to have a bout of CSA.
CSA is often coupled with COCD "Camaro Obsessive Compulsive Disorder". Aside from endlessly repetitive behavior like DDD (Detail, Detail, Detail), and constantly picking imaginary specks of dust from carpeting, seats, or headliner, CSA/COCD sufferers find it hard to remain silent when others enter the shrine that is the Camaro. These hard line cases are often caught inflicting suffering on others who have committed such heinous CACs (Crimes Against Camaros) such as buying/eating fast food within the interior of the Camaro, scraping one's feet upon the door sill of the Camaro, touching the camaro with fingers leaving fingerprints, leaning against or over the Camaro or touching anything inside the Camaro.
Especially terrifying are the episodes whereby the sufferer of CSA/COCD allows another to actually drive their Camaro, triggering a bout of PSFBS (Passenger Side Foot Brake Syndrome) which speaks for itself.
One immediate way for the CSA/COCD afflicted to find relief any time they find themselves feeling the pull of CSA is to engage in HRFT (Heavy Right Foot Therapy). HRFT causes immediate release of endorphins causing the individual to experience PG (Perma Grin).
For those of you who live with someone who is or if you are afflicted with CSA/COCD, you are in the right place. We understand, and support you.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Is it the end of March yet?
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
heRS has said it all..............
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Baby's sitting in a repaair shop a few miles from here and I'm driving a rental Impala. Yeah, I've got CSA.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
As long as I can go downstairs into the garage and see that the Beast is OK. I'm good.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I was kinf of jalous

Here in Montreal we always had tough winters and storage for our beloved baby is a must. I was kind of jalous of all of you est-coast guys to be able to drive you baby all year long. But for some reason you'r getting the s?it that we normally get. At this time and for the last 10 days I could have been able to drive my Cam5....and you people can't, at least for a while....the world is really getting weird.....Be patient warm wheather will be back very soon for you, but I still have to wait until next march to see my baby.

Here is an example of what we got in 2008-2009

Name:  snow 2008.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  35.9 KB
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Mine has been put away since November, I go out in the garage occasionally and look,
and think about better weather to come... Its not as bad as the 10 months it took to have the Camaro delivered after placing a deposit with the dealer
Attached Images

mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Drove mine in the snow today.... yikes!!

Does not help that I don't have mufflers for x-tra weight in the back.

I think it's time to put sand bags in the trunk... LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #14
Camaro4Life2011

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT RS with Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
CSA or "Camaro Seperation Anxiety" is commonly seen among Gen5 owners. Those afflicted mention having mild to severe reactions to any amount of time disengaged from some form of activity with their Camaro. CSA sufferers often find themselves outside of work on break looking at their Camaro if not taking their entire break in their Camaro. They go outside in the middle of the night to check on their Camaro. If they are without their Camaro for too long they begin to have a bout of CSA.
CSA is often coupled with COCD "Camaro Obsessive Compulsive Disorder". Aside from endlessly repetitive behavior like DDD (Detail, Detail, Detail), and constantly picking imaginary specks of dust from carpeting, seats, or headliner, CSA/COCD sufferers find it hard to remain silent when others enter the shrine that is the Camaro. These hard line cases are often caught inflicting suffering on others who have committed such heinous CACs (Crimes Against Camaros) such as buying/eating fast food within the interior of the Camaro, scraping one's feet upon the door sill of the Camaro, touching the camaro with fingers leaving fingerprints, leaning against or over the Camaro or touching anything inside the Camaro.
Especially terrifying are the episodes whereby the sufferer of CSA/COCD allows another to actually drive their Camaro, triggering a bout of PSFBS (Passenger Side Foot Brake Syndrome) which speaks for itself.
One immediate way for the CSA/COCD afflicted to find relief any time they find themselves feeling the pull of CSA is to engage in HRFT (Heavy Right Foot Therapy). HRFT causes immediate release of endorphins causing the individual to experience PG (Perma Grin).
For those of you who live with someone who is or if you are afflicted with CSA/COCD, you are in the right place. We understand, and support you.
HAHAHA love it
Camaro4Life2011 is offline   Reply With Quote