Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
My experience at the dealer today 1/17/09 (thanks fbodfather)

Well, I said I was going to wait for the 2011 MY to get HUD and 3.73 gears, but after seeing the NAIAS Camaro SS/RS with stripes......WOW.

My buddy works for GM and GMS has been confirmed as well....so

I dropped by my favorite local Chevy dealer today to see what was what.

I've been stopping in there once a month for the past 8 months to get updates and they had set me up with their sales manager as a point of contact. He has gone way above my expectations in answering questions and just generally being a cool guy. He was even interested in my 4Runner which got him bonus points as we both turned out to be "car" guys.

On to the good stuff...

My contact was on vacation, but the General Manager set me up with their top sales man who happened to be from England! When he retired, he moved to the US and the sales manager I liked so much actually got him to come work there after buying a car from them. Cool story I thought.

I told them up front I was on a recon mission to check pricing, and see what the low down was on ordering so as not to set any false expectations. I also told them I wanted the Sales Manager I'd dealt with so long to be there if we worked out some purchasing arrangement which they agreed was best.

Being the anal nut that I am, I had all the documentation we've collected on this site on a thumbdrive as well as the pricing calculator spreadsheet, etc. I was expecting them to not know a whole lot since my main contact was on vacation. Bob (top sales man) pulls out a work book and starts giving me the run down. He was very well educated on the car and I never needed my little thumb drive. As I told him what I was looking for he took all the notes on the order work sheet. Impressive for a guy that had to be over 60, and with the coolest accent.

Here's what I told them I wanted:

2SS/RS
Dove Tail Spoiler
Either Cyber Gray or Iferno Orange (haven't decided)
Black Rally Stripes

I asked to confirm the 2SS came with the Convenience and Connectivity Package.

I asked them to confirm they had a competent installer for the stripes since I wanted black.

I told them I would be requesting GMS pricing.

I asked if I ordered today when I could have the car (a test) and Bob told me straight out they could not guarantee a date at all. He said they can give me a rough idea but that they didn't wanna do that and set false expectations. They passed the test obviously.

They're checking on my questions, and said they'd give me a call a week from Monday so I can come in to discuss OTD price as the Sales Manager returns from vaccation that day. I'll go down and see what they say and update this thread accordingly.

After all the nutso posts about dealerships screwing up, I thought I'd post a positive experience.

OH, and GM can thank fbodfather for this one as well, if I order a 2010 instead of waiting for a 2011 like I originally intended. His updating us here with pictures and info from the NAIAS clinched it for me. Now it'll just depend on what the local dealer wants to do about GMS, and my getting a few small questions answered about interest rates and what not.

I still may wait, so don't take this post as a "I'm definitely ordering" deal....but before I was definitely waiting and now I'm talking to the dealer, so take that for what it's worth.

Dealer has 3 allocations left.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is a positive dealer post. I'm sure other members in the area would like to know who is providing such excellent customer service.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is a positive dealer post. I'm sure other members in the area would like to know who is providing such excellent customer service.
Your dealer IS NOT a idiot ..Hu ray :party0048:
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
I dont mean to really turn the topic of this thread but I must say my experience with my dealer has been nothing but great, very similiar Speedy's. I was expecting to be more knowledgeable than my dealer I had emailed several others in the area all of them telling me things I knew were false. Finally went with one of the dealers on here (NUCAR) and he has been absolutely fantastic, and is highly recommended. He has been very upfront about everything keeping me updated on everything he finds out. If you are in the DE, philly, northern MD, or southern jersey area he is HIGHLY recommended.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
I'll update this thread after I speak with them a week from Monday. Typically I'd not completely get behind them until after the sale, but since that could be a while, if talks go good next Monday I'll go ahead and give them my nod. Not that I'm "anybody" but if I vouch for someone it is my reputation at stake which I do take seriously, online or not.

P.S. My vouching for them will have nothing to do with whether they accept GMS or not, but how they respond as a whole during price discussions.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Hey thats great, I think its better now to get the car and forget about the HUD.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
TheStig
Tame Racing Driver

Drives: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
I dont mean to really turn the topic of this thread but I must say my experience with my dealer has been nothing but great, very similiar Speedy's. I was expecting to be more knowledgeable than my dealer I had emailed several others in the area all of them telling me things I knew were false. Finally went with one of the dealers on here (NUCAR) and he has been absolutely fantastic, and is highly recommended. He has been very upfront about everything keeping me updated on everything he finds out. If you are in the DE, philly, northern MD, or southern jersey area he is HIGHLY recommended.
NUCAR is pretty well known in these parts for being fairly solid. I have a friend who bought a couple H1's through them.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
good dealers with their hands tied

I also had a pleasent dealer exsperience when I ordered my car. I was told I was the third car ordered. My sheets don't have any pricing on them because the numbers we see are not hard numbers from chevy. Also I was told any discounts that apply will come off when we sign. Other than that I was told he would call when he hears more since he bought the first one from his own dealership and he checks in with his gm rep every few days. If it comes in at the later part of summer I'll probable be able to pay cash which would be a huge savings. Anyway you look at it I get a camaro ss/rs, in due time.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
issman

Drives: 07 Tahoe Z71
What does GMS pricing mean?
issman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issman View Post
It's basically a friends and family discount on the car. Some small percentage over invoice is all you pay. You have to have a friend or family member who works for GM in some capacity get you a code to use in order to qualify AND the dealer has to accept the discount as well.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #11
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by issman View Post

GMS is a pricing discount GM extends to its employees and they can extend to IMMEDIATE family member (no aunts, cousins, etc). GSU is the supplier and/or the "friends and family" discount.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Excellent, it's good to see dealers who admit they don't know everything and ask for time to research instead of trying to BS their way through questions to get you to close the deal.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
No BS, I went to a dealer about a year ago where the salesman acctually had me come in to do the paperwork. I told him they weren't out yet and he told me he had allready sold a few.
New Guy.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #14
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Ive had a great dealer experiance also. JK Chevrolet in Nederland had an allocation of 14 and I was #9. He promised us MSRP and I work for FedEx so I will be getting the supplier discount also.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote