Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #85
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsysmin View Post
@MOD Please close this rant.
Is someone forcing you to read it?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #86
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
LOL
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #87
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
LOL Some people....its why we live in the USA...I can read what I want..he can read what he wants.

But to the OP...I see where you are coming from. How the hell are you supposed to hit the blue button if you can't get in the car and that is why you were calling them in the 1st place.

Now if Onstar said...you can sign-up with me now and then we will pop the door locks, it would have made sense.

But few things make sense anymore!
2014 SS Sedan #2577/3537
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2013 Camro ZL1 Vert
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:14 AM   #88
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
this thread has actually made me thinking about getting onstar again. can you still bargain with them?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:06 AM   #89
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Wait a second. Just tell me you aren't going through the drive thru in your Camaro!

Now, as for OnStar, I agree its a complete waste. I hate having the blue button there because half the time I hit it by mistake when adjusting my mirror. But hey, I also believe everyone can do what they want with their money so have at it if you like the service. I know in the 22 years I have been driving, I have never locked a key inside my car. If I do, I'll figure out how to get home for the backup. Not the end of the world. I'll take my chances with them calling 911 for me in the even of an accident.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #90
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I am pretty sure that just started with the 2014's. My 2012 needs to have an Onstar subscription to get the app to work. My 2014 Spark has it for 5 years even without Onstar.
Same here, prior Chevy's with OnStar everything was off after 6 months, now only certain features are disabled but remote lock/unlock is still available in-app. It's really the ONLY useful feature for me, so I'm very happy.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:35 AM   #91
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
this thread has actually made me thinking about getting onstar again. can you still bargain with them?

yes, especially if you have multiple vehicles and are willing to pay longer term. We've got 3 vehicles on a 2 year plan and I think we're basically paying half what it would cost monthly

Then the insurance company gives us a discount for having onstar also, so at the end of the day its cheap peace of mind.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #92
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
yeah it'd be a non refundable charge for a month though, if everyone just paid 1 month when they needed emergency service from onstar, onstar wouldn't exist anymore.

Like I said earlier, that'd be like calling your insurance company and saying now that my house is on fire, I'd really like to buy that homeowners insurance... but I'll only need the policy for today.
POP-A-Lock is still in business and they do is unlock vehicles mostly...

There's money in it. Onstar is NOT an insurance company.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #93
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

Never heard of them, but if that's what ya prefer, then call pop a lock I guess? Waiting for someone to show up and hoping they don't damage your car with a slimjim isn't quite the convenience of a 2 minute phone call and satellite signal though.

But Onstar isn't just a unlocking service, thats just one of the many services they offer. No they're not exactly an insurance company, but the same principal applies, you pay for it in hopes of never having to use it, but sure glad to have it if emergencies happen.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #94
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
You DESERVE free onstar treatment. Have your mother call them and explain just who you are. C'mon man.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #95
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
OnStar will "negotiate with you".

They had no plan less than $19 (which is $22-23 when said and done) and I was trying to drop OnStar

Which cannot be done on the internet (you have to push the friggin blue button)

We negotiated an economy $10 lockout, rollover/crash plan
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #96
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I haven't had a claim on my homeowner's insurance in, ..., 40 years. Yet I keep paying for it.

BS. The tow companies contract with services like AAA and Onstar.
The truth is someone who doesn't have any roadside will pay $50 and the services will pay $25. So guess who waits?

Have you called AAA since then?

That stuff will clean your pipes!
Yes twice. Had my wife's truck towed and her sons car. Showed up in 20 mins, no questions asked except where is it going.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 AM   #97
xccgh

Drives: m3
So your OnStar trial lapsed but turns out you needed help with a lock out after all?
xccgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #98
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post

Have you called them recently? I did. They showed up to open my truck and wanted $200 to open it up.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote