Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #71
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Don't know what is wrong with mine I even tried to get them to resend my password but it said my username did not exist....

Finally it took my login, oh well, it sure has changed.
Coincidence, today I recieved an email that that app was updated yesterday. That's probably why we had issues getting in.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #72
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver 1LE View Post
$10 a month for the Safe & Sound package.
Well worth the money for the extra protection. They were right on the phone after we hit a deer last year on Hot Rod Power Tour. The dust and smoke from the air bags had not cleared in the cab and they were on the phone. " this is ONSTAR we have recieved an air bag deployment, are there any injuries, do you need an ambulance."

They stayed on the phone, dispatched the Sheriff, connected us to Roadside Assistance. They were on the phone for about an hour.
Attached Images

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #73
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
So your mad a service you don't pay for didn't let just some guy on a phone unlock your vehicle?

Way to 16 year old girl your keys by the way.
+1
Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #74
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
According to their website, prices start at $19.99 per month.

$10 for lockout, crash response, I would consider.
But apparently it is $240 a year, for something i will probably never use.

I understand it's value, but even my insurance company only charges me $40 yearly for roadside assistance, which I am much more likely to use.

That is why I'd like a truly a-la-carte plan.

Their fees are worth it to some, and that is fine, to me it is way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver 1LE View Post
$10 a month for the Safe & Sound package.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #75
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
So your mad a service you don't pay for didn't let just some guy on a phone unlock your vehicle?

Way to 16 year old girl your keys by the way.

hysterical. I did this once too OP, fortunately I hadn't closed my door yet and was able to just open my trunk with the button, WHEW!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #76
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post
Well worth the money for the extra protection. They were right on the phone after we hit a deer last year on Hot Rod Power Tour. The dust and smoke from the air bags had not cleared in the cab and they were on the phone. " this is ONSTAR we have recieved an air bag deployment, are there any injuries, do you need an ambulance."

They stayed on the phone, dispatched the Sheriff, connected us to Roadside Assistance. They were on the phone for about an hour.
how sad, poor deer
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #77
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
And it'd be a non-refundable charge. They have the call voice recorded so it's not like they could go against their own voice lol. Or as you say a 1 yr subscription. Otherwise, sit there for 1.5-2hrs waiting for Pop-A-Lock to come for $45.

yeah it'd be a non refundable charge for a month though, if everyone just paid 1 month when they needed emergency service from onstar, onstar wouldn't exist anymore.

Like I said earlier, that'd be like calling your insurance company and saying now that my house is on fire, I'd really like to buy that homeowners insurance... but I'll only need the policy for today.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #78
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
It's a matter of value to me, at $20 per month (according to their website), not enough value for me.

Would you buy that Big Mac and not eat it?

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #79
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Lol, AAA gets my money. I had an issue when I first got car and had the onstar subscription. When I needed a tow truck I was told it would be a few hours. After waiting 4 hours and continuing to ask onstar for help I was finally picked up by a tow service. As we were heading back with my car he explained to me that AAA gets priority and since I was on a toll road only a few tow services were allowed on there to get me. If I was a AAA member he would have got me picked up within the first hour but since onstar had to wait for him to finish other calls I was screwed. Bye bye onstar.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #80
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbubbaklein View Post

..awww, man, you just smoked Bambi.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #81
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok first this thread is ridiculous. I chose not to pay for the service but I'm going to start a thread on how ridiculous onstage is because they wouldn't give me free service just because my car has the equipment.

It's like suggesting a gas station is poor simply because they won't give you free gas because you have a gas tank.

2nd can we all just agree that some folks don't like the service, don't see the value and choose not to pay for it while others (me) find it, as well as turn by turn as a supplement to NAV, is very much worth the money. It's the same as buying premium paint. Some think it's not worth it while many on this site would pay big for blue. Quit bashing something just because you don't like it. Oh, wait....that's asking people to defy Internet logic.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:16 PM   #82
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ok first this thread is ridiculous. I chose not to pay for the service but I'm going to start a thread on how ridiculous onstage is because they wouldn't give me free service just because my car has the equipment.

It's like suggesting a gas station is poor simply because they won't give you free gas because you have a gas tank.

2nd can we all just agree that some folks don't like the service, don't see the value and choose not to pay for it while others (me) find it, as well as turn by turn as a supplement to NAV, is very much worth the money. It's the same as buying premium paint. Some think it's not worth it while many on this site would pay big for blue. Quit bashing something just because you don't like it. Oh, wait....that's asking people to defy Internet logic.
I agree about people bashing OnStar because they don't need it or don't see the value in it. Many don't see the need for having over 400 horsepower or having an automatic, but others do. Some don't see any real need or use for the RS package, but others do. It all comes down to personal choice. What some like, others don't what some want, others don't. People just need to get a life and worry about what they want and not what others do.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #83
LSXBumblebee
LSX Bumblebee

Drives: 2014 LSX Camaro
@MOD Please close this rant.
LSXBumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #84
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
It's a matter of value to me, at $20 per month (according to their website), not enough value for me.

Would you buy that Big Mac and not eat it?
Yes i would rather pay for a Big mac and not eat it then to have to ingest that crap
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote