Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #71
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
if anyone actually reads the "junk" mail they send you- it states in there if you don't cancel by the end of your subscription period you're automatically re-billed at the current rates.
I'm not okay with consent by omission. Especially, when I told them the day I got my car not to renew my service. The lady just kept saying over and over that at the end of my 3 months I would get a bill for over $500 to cover three years of service. My three months are about up and i can't wait to see that bill.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #72
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Anyways... They know when you turn your radio on in your car. So, when you do so, they call you ASAP on your cell or what ever number you have previously provided to them.
Did you pay extra for your XM transceiver? My car only has an XM receiver.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #73
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I actually really enjoyed XM during my 3 months trial, even though I keep an 8 Gig USB stick of my own music in the car. Sometimes, I just feel like hearing stuff I'm not expecting. So I took advantage of a special offer I received in the mail. 3 additional months for $6.99 CAN a month. That was intended to bring me to the moment I'll put my car in storage. So it was the perfect timing for me. My renew date was yesterday. When I checked my credit card records today, I noticed that they billed me the regular price ($14.99). I called them right away. Now I should get a refund in the next 48 to 72 hours. We'll see.

So from what I read here and from my own experience, bottom line is XM is great, but their billing service sucks...

My 2 cents anyway.
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #74
AMPM1678
AMPM95

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I haven't gotten a single call in my car not from XM or anybody else and I don't really use my XM radio I only use the regular FM radio or my iPod
AMPM1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #75
dannkimmel

Drives: 1lt,rjt,m6 &2004 harley
i kind of like the xm but the RECEPTION is so bad around here i could never see paying for it.
my mp3 player and good ole cd's work for me.

i agree with whoever said xm gives gm a black eye .any crossover customer may use any bad experience with xm as "thats old gm" again..just my 2cents..
dannkimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #76
duraclean
Ford

Drives: inf Orange Gray Stripe 2SS/RS
I sold my 2005 silverado and they were billing me for my camaro and my silverado. i cancelled the silverado and they shut off my camaro. XM I do like but what a pain in the asteroid.
duraclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #77
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So I jump in the Camaro today and decide that after listening to the I-Pod all weekend I'd turn on the XM. Imagine my surprise when it's on the demo station. So I figure I must have hit the wrong button or bumped it while messing with the I-Pod, so I go to the menu and hit my favorite station- it's still the demo station. This after I paid for 6 months of XM just a little over a month ago. I guess I get to have a phone call with XM today- so far after reading what I have on C5 I'm not impressed.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #78
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
So I jump in the Camaro today and decide that after listening to the I-Pod all weekend I'd turn on the XM. Imagine my surprise when it's on the demo station. So I figure I must have hit the wrong button or bumped it while messing with the I-Pod, so I go to the menu and hit my favorite station- it's still the demo station. This after I paid for 6 months of XM just a little over a month ago. I guess I get to have a phone call with XM today- so far after reading what I have on C5 I'm not impressed.
Good luck with it. Dont be surprised when the morons dont understand what you are trying to explain to them and wind up just hanging up on you. It happened to me several times. I even asked for a supervisor and the girl refused to put one on.
Mine has jumped back to the demo channel 3 times due to them cutting me off after I have paid. The last girl I talked to kept telling me that XM does not work on GM radios so I would have to take it back to the dealer.
THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FREAKIN RADIO! THEY JUST KEEP TURNING THE SERVICE OFF!
Finally they turned it back on but who knows for how long.
XM has to have the sorriest customer service reps on the planet. I rate them a negative 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So after 30 minutes (about half of it being on hold) and talking with somebody who didn't speak English very well, the XM Radio is up and running. I will have to say the guy was very nice, and he apologized about 10 times throughout the whole thing. It turns out they applied the payment to my wife's 09 Honda Pilot which is funny because we never activated the XM Radio to her vehicle, so she had it for a while and didn't know.

I may be in the minority, but I have to say I've been pretty happy with the XM People so far.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #80
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
Haven't had a problem with XM....they have alot of stations maybe too many and no censorship...I was amazed when I heard some of my favorite songs without the Local staitions "bleeps". The XM operater had a Scottish accent and was very upfront and honest with me....I extended my service until the end of the year and may extend it into the future. Wow...some people are never happy...no matter what. Pay for radio?...what...thats free. No....we all pay....one way or another...advertisements!.
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #81
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
My daily driver Saturn Aura has XM, my wife's current demo has Siruis. Driving through our neighborhood, my XM will cut out, while her Sirius is still crystal clear.

Kooky.
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote