The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2022, 12:26 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotavo View Post
Remote auction, three 2014 Caprices from the Mountain View, Ca PD, all <$10K each. No rust, bumps or bruises. Perfectly maintained, all came with new 235/50-18 RS-A's, clean oil and trans fluid, all bought at the same time from 6k miles away. Back seats don't look like anyone's ever sat in them. Perfect mechanicals, sold one of the L77 engines here for ~$5K USD. The 9C3's ended in 2013. since then they were just detective model 9C1's.

Unless the agency bought them and then didn't do anything with them for years or used them for CSOs or other non-patrol work, I guarantee you they weren't perfectly maintained.

I can make any of our Chargers look decent after a deep clean and detail and a quick trip to Goodyear. Doesn't change the fact that they're regularly launched from 0-80+ MPH multiple times a shift, driven through medians and over curbs, idle constantly, harsh braking, etc.

Two used cars I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole: ex-rentals and ex-patrol cars.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:08 PM   #16
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Unless the agency bought them and then didn't do anything with them for years or used them for CSOs or other non-patrol work, I guarantee you they weren't perfectly maintained.

I can make any of our Chargers look decent after a deep clean and detail and a quick trip to Goodyear. Doesn't change the fact that they're regularly launched from 0-80+ MPH multiple times a shift, driven through medians and over curbs, idle constantly, harsh braking, etc.

Two used cars I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole: ex-rentals and ex-patrol cars.
And this is when they're not chasing the bad guys!
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:40 PM   #17
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Holden pricing here incredible, trade them in on other cars and get 10 to 20k 9 EVEN AT 100K ON THE CLOCK) MORE on a SS more that you paid for it!! Amazing, but still rather have the CAMARO !!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:22 PM   #18
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
Here I've seen used Australian Caprices sell for over 60,000 Swiss Francs. One Caprice Royale as well. Don't want a beat to hell police car? Ok.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote