The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2023, 03:15 PM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I am loving the AAW - so the watch went back. I will try again later. I am due a new phone, maybe I'll try the Pixel combo

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:29 AM   #16
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjilslaire View Post
My pixel and Garmin watch combo work just fine in my car with AA
Tell me more about your pixel? Watch or phone?

I have rhe pixel fold as well as the pixel watch. I have used the fold on a daily basis with AA wireless whether it be in the Camaro for the Trailblazer but I wasn't aware that you could use the pixel watch to do anything.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:33 AM   #17
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I am loving the AAW - so the watch went back. I will try again later. I am due a new phone, maybe I'll try the Pixel combo
I have the pixel fold and the pixel watch. I said I never needed a smartwatch and when this one came free with the fold I snickered at it thinking I would never use it. I was significantly mistaken. I love my watch. I also enjoy the fold and I'm not a Samsung person. Never have been and never will be but I just laid my hands on the new Samsung z-fold five and I was impressed. It's not as wide as the pixel but it's taller. It's more slender. It also weighs a little bit less. The pixel fold just feels a little bit bulky. Samsung nailed it when they made a small slender version.

But because I am loyal to the brand and have been since the OG Pixel I won't dare switch over to a Samsung product. You may like the the pixel fold but be aware that it is more bulky than the Samsung's competitor. Of course both interfaces are fantastic and intuitive.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Old 08-15-2023, 01:20 AM   #18
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
It's an older Pixel phone, not much to say. Runs Android 13, has 5G, pretty vanilla.
Pixel 4a+5G. Upgrading to a 7a this fall.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 10:34 AM   #19
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Galaxy 21+ and Active 2, havent had any problems since I got AAWireless a few months ago. 2016 2LT RS with Tech Package. The only problem I run into is that sometimes the car wont recognize AA. Seems to be dependent on how quickly I start the car when I first get in...
Old 08-16-2023, 10:36 AM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Galaxy 21+ and Active 2, havent had any problems since I got AAWireless a few months ago. 2016 2LT RS with Tech Package. The only problem I run into is that sometimes the car wont recognize AA. Seems to be dependent on how quickly I start the car when I first get in...
How did you add AAW to your car? I have a dongle and have zero issues. The folks that have run into some oddities seem to be ones where AAW was installed at the factory...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 09:44 AM   #21
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
How did you add AAW to your car? I have a dongle and have zero issues. The folks that have run into some oddities seem to be ones where AAW was installed at the factory...
Its just the dongle...
Old 08-17-2023, 09:57 AM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Its just the dongle...
Ah... It's possible that's at least part of the difference since the dongle is being controlled by an app on your phone in the first place as opposed to being "purely" the AA app on the phone.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:37 AM   #23
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
I have a Galaxy Watch 4 w/ a Samsung S20 FE 5g, and I have no issues with AA wireless.
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #24
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Quote:
Ah... It's possible that's at least part of the difference since the dongle is being controlled by an app on your phone in the first place as opposed to being "purely" the AA app on the phone.

Both of these posters make very valid points. I have an 18 with a older infotainment system and have constantly struggled with AA wireless (dongle) and I wonder if it's because it's interfering with the system's version of Android auto. Maybe I should turn off Android auto in the car on the infotainment system and just run the wireless dongle.

Edit. I did turn Android auto off in the infotainment system and was able to run it wirelessly via projection through the AA wireless dongle. I'm happy to report that so far less glitchiness.

Edit edit 9/2/23. Nope. Still freezes up.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M

Last edited by Val Walkinshaw; 09-04-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:28 PM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
Both of these posters make very valid points. I have an 18 with a older infotainment system and have constantly struggled with AA wireless (dongle) and I wonder if it's because it's interfering with the system's version of Android auto. Maybe I should turn off Android auto in the car on the infotainment system and just run the wireless dongle.

Edit. I did turn Android auto off in the infotainment system and was able to run it wirelessly via projection through the AA wireless dongle. I'm happy to report that so far less glitchiness.
Interesting... My understanding was that the dongle "became" the AA device as far as your car was concerned while it also "became" the head unit as far as your device was concerned. I would have expected that turning AA off in the car would have shut down the whole connection.

Did the device maybe turn it back on in a way that you didn't realize?
Old 09-04-2023, 10:39 AM   #26
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Quote:
Interesting... My understanding was that the dongle "became" the AA device as far as your car was concerned while it also "became" the head unit as far as your device was concerned. I would have expected that turning AA off in the car would have shut down the whole connection.

Did the device maybe turn it back on in a way that you didn't realize?
Yes.
Unfortunately it did and it wasn't until after I read your post that when I went back into the system and checked it was indeed on. Good call. You were correct. I deleted my post as to not misguid others.

2018 2SS 1LE HBM 6M
Old 09-04-2023, 11:58 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
Yes.
Unfortunately it did and it wasn't until after I read your post that when I went back into the system and checked it was indeed on. Good call. You were correct. I deleted my post as to not misguid others.
Hmmm... I wonder if it's just something to chalk up to Google doing stupid things with updates. They sometimes update app differently from the AA software on the phone, and also out of sync with updates for the head unit. And when you're running a third-party item like AA Wireless, Carsifi, etc. you have yet another batch of updates to be mindful of.