Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 PM   #211
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
That PDF is REVISED!!!! I wonder why. I still have the instructions sent with the supercharger saved on my computer..........

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #212
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Show the word "prime" anywhere in the ORIGINAL instructions...... I'll wait.....
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Kraftwerks instructions.pdf (6.94 MB, 87 views)

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #213
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
And the plot thickens. What a POS move on Rotrex part on this if it’s true. And the OP’s post there shows the revision number and date.

Damn...this situation just sucks for everyone involved. I really hope all you guys can work it out.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #214
VLCapata

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Funny my kit came with an instruction book in the supercharger box..... I followed the bleeding rules ...... I must have gotten a totally different kit.... running 6.5psi no problems at all...5k+ miles.... and if need I can post pics tomorrow of instructions that CAME with the kit
VLCapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #215
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
The PDF is not revised. This is the setup and maintenance book I got with my kit over a year ago. It comes in the box with the head unit. Did you just pull it out of the box and chuck it without reading it? That is where it says to prime the unit. I don’t know what more you want, they’re giving you another head unit free of charge and you’re still arguing over it, SMH
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #216
VLCapata

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Hey look there is the book I used.....
VLCapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #217
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCapata View Post
Hey look there is the book I used.....
I’m not on either side of this. But perhaps you should have more than 5 posts before you jump in and start taking sides so aggressively and talking smack about one side of this. This is a tough deal for all involved. Your posts make you look like a troll for Rotrex/Kraftwerks.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:38 PM   #218
Moddiction

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
That PDF is REVISED!!!! I wonder why. I still have the instructions sent with the supercharger saved on my computer..........
Kraftwerks includes installation instructions. The Rotrex Supercharger comes with a booklet for maintenance and setup. You received both instruction booklets.

We have offered a replacement even though this is clearly user error yet you are still fighting it...
Moddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #219
Moddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
And the plot thickens. What a POS move on Rotrex part on this if it’s true. And the OP’s post there shows the revision number and date.

Damn...this situation just sucks for everyone involved. I really hope all you guys can work it out.
Plot isn’t thickening. Kit comes with Kraftwerks install instructions as well as Rotrex maintenance setup instructions.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #220
cc-rider

Yeah. I hear you. I think there is fault all around here. Such as...why are there 2 sets of instructions? On the other hand...if you’re going to buy a multi thousand dollar forced induction system...why wouldn’t you read every piece of paper twice before you put it on and go use it.

I’m a garage mechanic myself and I put on my Kenne Bell charger myself. So I can see all sides of this. Just hope you guys work it out.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 PM   #221
Moddiction

It’s quite simple why. The Supercharger is made by Rotrex. The Supercharger kit is made by Kraftwerks. So there are installation instructions and then maintenance instructions for the blower itself. Very standard.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #222
cc-rider

splitting hairs now. Hope you guys all work it out.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #223
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Only change I'd make is on the Kraftwerks instructions, I'd ADD a warnings about priming and to view the 'factory documentation' for priming instructions. That would make sure 100%. I've written plenty of installation guides and I believe this would remove all doubt for all sides. Yes, both booklets are there it appears, and I, by habit, read all booklets before I start. I believe for any self install guide, its necessary to note to read the 'manufacturers' documents before 'starting' the install.

I'd suggest adding that, but it does appear both vendors are trying to make it right.

This is the out though:
Quote:
Review ENTIRE installation before beginning install.
That is on the 3rd page of the install guide.

Hindsight is 20/20. Myself, I like the kit and think their offer to supply a new replacement is generous -- I can see the OP's point -- install guide (step by step mind you) does not state nor show the priming step -- it does 'gloss' over that part, but you did provide all reading materials.

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 AM   #224
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
A simple fix is to combine both instructions into one set, having multiple doesn't make much sense and is just adding to the risk factor of the installation going wrong. And to note on the first page any and all warnings that could lead to cataclysmic failure should they not be heeded, not a portion of the way into the install.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote