Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #113
Natro33

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT2 v6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
AFM has nothing to do with this Issue. Maybe you have something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are quite a few folks on this forum that explain the shudder/rumble strip/vibration is most present during the V4-V6 transition and the V4-V8 transition. In fact while use the RANGE device I did not experience the shudder/rumble strip feeling at all.
Natro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #114
Natro33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
3 things - 1. If it's under warranty then demand that they do this TSB. 2. Find another dealer. 3. I highly doubt you have an AFM problem. I demanded that they do this TSB. You are a customer and if you don't get the service you want then either take it to a higher authority or change dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Totally correct. They have offered to do it out of "courtesy" so i just need to be patient and hope that it fixes it.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #115
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natro33 View Post
There are quite a few folks on this forum that explain the shudder/rumble strip/vibration is most present during the V4-V6 transition and the V4-V8 transition. In fact while use the RANGE device I did not experience the shudder/rumble strip feeling at all.
I bet of they watched more closely they would find out that it's not the AFM and that the issue is actually the torque converter. I bet the Range device just masks it for a bit.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:35 PM   #116
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Totally correct. They have offered to do it out of "courtesy" so i just need to be patient and hope that it fixes it.
The transition is not a shudder when AFM engages, it's after (V4 to V8). Once the TC is worn bad enough, the issue happens more frequently and in V8 mode much more noticeably. Mine went from only shuddering during transition from AFM to doing it at light throttle/load situations, even shifting gears. The AFM programming if it is pulsing the TC somehow could be causing the TC to wear faster, but it's definitely the TC which is the root cause of the problem. Evidenced by the multiple revisions they done to them at this point.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #117
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
A8 Issue TSB 16-NA-175 2017 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
I bet of they watched more closely they would find out that it's not the AFM and that the issue is actually the torque converter. I bet the Range device just masks it for a bit.

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
The transition is not a shudder when AFM engages, it's after (V4 to V8). Once the TC is worn bad enough, the issue happens more frequently and in V8 mode much more noticeably. Mine went from only shuddering during transition from AFM to doing it at light throttle/load situations, even shifting gears. The AFM programming if it is pulsing the TC somehow could be causing the TC to wear faster, but it's definitely the TC which is the root cause of the problem. Evidenced by the multiple revisions they done to them at this point.

..and that.

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:09 AM   #118
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
FYI - this TSB isn't just to flush the transmission. There is a very detailed test procedure. That's what they should be doing.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #119
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Mine just went in for the TC Shudder on Monday. They did the 3 flush and replaced the trans filter. So far so good. I'll see how it goes now...
Old 10-18-2017, 11:27 AM   #120
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
This issue is ridiculous. I had the flush done. The shudder went away for a few months then returned. My 2017 Colorado experiences it on occasion. I've been successful in stopping it via TCM tuning on my personal car. I can't believe the designers haven't figured out the issue at this point... my guess is fixing it properly has significant financial implications for them.
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #121
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
This issue is ridiculous. I had the flush done. The shudder went away for a few months then returned. My 2017 Colorado experiences it on occasion. I've been successful in stopping it via TCM tuning on my personal car. I can't believe the designers haven't figured out the issue at this point... my guess is fixing it properly has significant financial implications for them.
What did you have to tweak in the TCM to fix it?

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #122
Natro33

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
Couldn't agree with this more. My triple flush is next week. I'm cautiously optimistic. If that doesn't fix it then I'll tune it out and take my chances or lawyer up. Why has no one brought up class action? The reason I would lawyer up is to express my seriousness on the the issue backed by a host of other repairs in the first 5 months of ownership (rear cradle replacement, two afm actuators, and an unsecured seat pan causing creeking on accel and deceleration).
Old 10-19-2017, 05:54 AM   #123
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I guess it depends on the dealers you take it in too. I took the tsb printed out in to mine and explained the issue I was having. He even asked advice from me what you guys were seeing to resolve the issue. I told him flushes would work but it would come back after awhile that sources were saying it was a TC issue to replace. He said let me get my guy on it and get back to you. That same day he called and said they are replacing TC . I picked it up the next day. I think having a good dealership is key to any problem with fixing or attempting to fix these issues. I'm glad mine listens or at least appears too.

If this service manager ever leaves I might not buy another GM vehicle again if finding this type of service in other dealers is such a pain or not as common.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #124
black96lt1

Drives: 1996 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
Mine still shifts like a bucking bronco

I may have spoke too soon. Now that it has gotten colder it bucks when going from 1st to 2nd. Only when the outside temp is below 50 or so and as soon as the transmission warms up its back to being smooth.
black96lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #125
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by black96lt1 View Post
I may have spoke too soon. Now that it has gotten colder it bucks when going from 1st to 2nd. Only when the outside temp is below 50 or so and as soon as the transmission warms up its back to being smooth.
Mine has been exactly the same way from 1000 miles on. Warm it up and good to go...well, for the most part.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #126
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Tranny flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
I'm having this issue as well... I really thought it was rough pavment at 1st and kept looking out my mirrors for bad pavement.. could'nt figure it out.. and now that I see other's experiancing this, there's defanetly a problem here!
Had tranny flushed last week... so far no more rumble... we'll see how long it holds!
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote