Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-15-2017, 09:18 AM   #29
jchappies

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT RS
I have a Ravelco device on my Jeep since they love to steal Jeeps here in Socal, I'll be adding one to my Camaro here shortly. The Ravelvo disables a few systems. The goal is to not let thieves take off with it but anyone with a flatbed truck can pretty much take off with anything.
jchappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #30
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
If you're that worried remove the starter or fuel pump fuse and put it in your pocket where ever you're going.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:01 PM   #31
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
A friend of mine had a 1960's Chevy stolen. They actually got it back a few weeks later without any damage other than the busted ignition switch. He asked me how he could disable the car without too much trouble.

I suggested a relay that interrupts the power to the ignition coil and a fuel cut-off solenoid, activated by a switch in the trunk. The highlight of my idea was to divert the power that was supposed to go the ignition coil...and send it to the HORN!!! An alternative, you connect the horn to the starter solenoid so that every time they cranked it, it would blast the horn, but not start.

Well some months later, he heard the horn go off!! Same busted ignition switch, but they didn't get the car!

Nothing will stop the pro with a tow truck.....
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #32
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
how are they stealing them, exactly, as without the fob there is no signal to disable the antitheft
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #33
jchappies

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT RS
This is the FBI case for the Jeeps here in socal but the same procedure can probably be done for any vehicle, without the Ravalco plug they cant do this. Only way to get it is with a flatbed.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr...ech-auto-theft
jchappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #34
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
Wow... Thanks for the "relay" idea above.. I have a "Mild2Wild" relay in my Vert to switch the exhaust flap on and off.. This would ALSO be perfect for the fuel pump. It comes with a VERY small key fob to take with you

Pump on/ pump off... It's all set up; just plug it in instead of the fuel pump fuse. I haven't tried it yet but, I'm sure it will work perfectly.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColumbo View Post
A friend of mine had a 1960's Chevy stolen. They actually got it back a few weeks later without any damage other than the busted ignition switch. He asked me how he could disable the car without too much trouble.

I suggested a relay that interrupts the power to the ignition coil and a fuel cut-off solenoid, activated by a switch in the trunk. The highlight of my idea was to divert the power that was supposed to go the ignition coil...and send it to the HORN!!! An alternative, you connect the horn to the starter solenoid so that every time they cranked it, it would blast the horn, but not start.

Well some months later, he heard the horn go off!! Same busted ignition switch, but they didn't get the car!

Nothing will stop the pro with a tow truck.....
This is a slick trick!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #36
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
What kind of wire you will use to kill the pump or starter?
Diameter, resistance,...?
Any risk of fire in case of wrong intensity or connection ???
Same with the switch!
Thinking of a very small switch to hide and high intensity in the wire...
May be use an existing switch you're not using :
2nd memory seat, 2nd remote garage door switch...
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #37
Brandonc_06

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2017
Most thieves stealing modern vehicles know how to disable onstar. Onstar is useless when getting your car stolen nowadays.
Brandonc_06 is offline   Reply With Quote