Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #15
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
Pete,

Is the JPSS rear 32mm sway bar adjustable?

I have always installed and adjusted sway bars as the last step, in setting up the suspension, for fine tuning of the handling.

-Btrbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We like to use just the rear bar on staggered setups.

The key to 5th Gen handling is what we refer to as bar bias. A 1LE delivers from the factory with a 27mm front and 28mm rear for a bar bias of +1 The bigger the bias, the more biased the car becomes toward true neutral / velocity induced / natural oversteer. Using our adjustable 27mm front with our 32mm rear gives you a bias range of +4.5 to +5.5. To my knowledge, no other bars set in the market come close.

A JPSS bar delivers a dramatic improvement in handling and isthisclosetoOEMridequality.

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #16
zoso065

Drives: 20132/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
How's the ride with the new bar? Does it feel too stiff? I can get a ZL1 bar delivered for about $110 so I may do that. Just not sure yet.
zero change in ride comfort!! the change is in the handling.....its way more tighter no body roll no understeer and even steering input is crisper. and that's just a jpss rear bar. I imagine the jpss radius arm inserts would amplify those improvements. that will be my next move I think!!
zoso065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
So with a stock SS bar up front with the 32 bar in the rear create too much bias? I take corners and off ramps very fast.
You will take them faster. Much faster. Lose your license faster.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You will take them faster. Much faster. Lose your license faster.
LOL . . . that's what I like to hear!

Concerning Btrbimmer's original question, when paired with a front FE4 stabilizer bar, will a JPSS rear stabilizer bar potentially result in too much oversteer for street applications? I realize handling is both objective and subjective, but, generally speaking, I'm curious if it would result in too much bias (I'm guessing not since I believe your stabilizer bars are hollow and not solid).
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #19
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
LOL . . . that's what I like to hear!

Concerning Btrbimmer's original question, when paired with a front FE4 stabilizer bar, will a JPSS rear stabilizer bar potentially result in too much oversteer for street applications? I realize handling is both objective and subjective, but, generally speaking, I'm curious if it would result in too much bias (I'm guessing not since I believe your stabilizer bars are hollow and not solid).
All cars are built with understeer, even track type cars. The reason is liability and liability insurance.

The vast majority of drivers have been taught for decades that when a car begins to spin, immediately lift off the accelerator and jam on the brakes. Let the ABS system get the car back under control. If your car understeers, this will make things better.

If a car oversteers, immediately lifting when the car begins to slide will result in the vehicle spinning before you hit the brake pedal.

A Camaro hass a far better IRS than it does front suspension with a Mac Strut. A Camaro is nose heavy. A SS has wider rear rubber than front. Getting a 5th Gen to snap oversteer would take a Telephone pole sized rear bar.

Short ansswer. No.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #20
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Wow. Great lesson learned here. Thank you for the education. Now I just need to save up a bit of cash. The kid graduates college on Saturday and I want to give him a fat envelope for his hard work and dedication. That tapped me out this week.

Can I get a pm with a price for that rear bar delivered to 11729? I assume it comes with bushings?
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #21
JusticePete

PM Sent!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #22
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrbimmer View Post
Pete,

Is the JPSS rear 32mm sway bar adjustable?

I have always installed and adjusted sway bars as the last step, in setting up the suspension, for fine tuning of the handling.

-Btrbimmer
I missed your question.

The JPSS rear bar is NOT adjustable. The OE setup, using a drop link, makes adjustments sloppy at best. A drop link is a lot like a nail, it likes to be straight. It works best straight up. Putting the drop link on an angle in an effort to soften or harden the rear bar... Let's just say with the drop link on an angle the bar will certainly be softer!
Old 05-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Senor Pete, if you lower the car the drop links would shift forward and sit at a slight angle, correct? Or would the bar turn a bit and the links would maintain vertical? If the links move forward, do you have a suggestion as to how to straighten them? I'm sure this won't be a big deal unless you're going for world record times on a track, but for my own curiosity if nothing else.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Senor Pete, if you lower the car the drop links would shift forward and sit at a slight angle, correct? Or would the bar turn a bit and the links would maintain vertical? If the links move forward, do you have a suggestion as to how to straighten them? I'm sure this won't be a big deal unless you're going for world record times on a track, but for my own curiosity if nothing else.
We do change the length on cars that are road coursed, autocrossed or corner weighted. Just remember to measure twice or thrice or as many times as necessary because you only get a chance to cut once.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #25
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I have Pete's front, rear bars and his radius rod inserts. Hugh difference both in ride and product quality. I replaced my BMR front and rears bars with Pete's kit. I'm also lowered 1"...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #26
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I have Pete's front, rear bars and his radius rod inserts. Hugh difference both in ride and product quality. I replaced my BMR front and rears bars with Pete's kit. I'm also lowered 1"...

-Don
Spoken as a scholar and gentleman of note that is both powerful and handsome
Old 05-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #27
JusticePete

Quote:
So with a stock SS bar up front with the 32 bar in the rear create too much bias? I take corners and off ramps very fast.
Nope. You will need to adjust to a Camaro that doesn't push 😎
Old 05-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #28
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider044 View Post
JusticePete, that 32mm bar looks wicked but a little out of my budget for this mod. I appreciate your info :-) ill give the 1le/zl1 rear bar a look first and if its not the cornering machine I need in the future I know where to get a monster bar!
Live in Tampa and will have my 1LE rear bar available end of August. Also will have my struts and springs available too. If your still looking then. Having Pete do some mods in August!
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote