Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #43
fxdxron1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Trade i

To trade in your car is the worst thing you can do financially, hard to believe that anyone can think this is a solution.
fxdxron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #44
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
So thats what having sex with all your clothes on looks like?
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:43 AM   #45
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4juke View Post
I went back and wathed your video on why you went the Procharger route, and I swear the car sounded more "rumbly" at WOT in that video. Did the Procharger somehow "mute" some of the sound? It still sounds good, but somehow seems a little quieter.

Keep up the great work man, your videos helped me choose my SS.
That video I was running e85, I am now back on 91 pump gas. That could be the change you're hearing. Overall pump gas seems to have made the tone louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoent View Post
Matt, I haven't watched a lot of your vids. Generally too much talking if I'm being honest, but very informative content. This one though, one of my favorite vids I've seen on YouTube. Lol. So funny. Total hooliganism and I enjoyed every second of it! Looking forward to watching more of your adventures.
Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I talk a lot, its what I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdxron1 View Post
I really like all the videos on the build, car sounds great. However you are putting your trust that some special smog shop will continue to pass your smog inspection every 2 years. That special smog shop may be gone in a few years. For me I would have waited until procharger was California legal they are working on this now. I would have done a California legal supercharger so that I don't have to rely on someone else to decide whether I can ever drive my car again. Once again thanks for all you do and I wish you the best of luck.
I am not worried about smog and do not plan to live in California all that much longer. Hate this place. But I'll worry about my car... no need to wrry for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Congratz on your build Matt! really sounds and looks so beast now. That acceleration is incredible and can't image how much of a rush you get while driving it now. Best of luck and enjoy it to the fullest. Hard work and saving money does pay off. Just need to convince my brain to do the same on the money part. LOL
It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
OK, how many tickets have you gotten already? Congrats, what a beast!
None. knock on wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsnare98 View Post
Why was the procharger so much? Full kits run under 6k. The install and tune was 3k?
The ProCharger kit with all the stage 2 goodies is about that much. $6k for the unit and $1k for the stage 2 items. Than the cost of install and tune. Again, I did not pay this much for mine as I bought my unit lightly used with 218 miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Nice increase in power, car looks great too! I acted similar after just a rear gear and headers on a 4th gen. I can only imagine the difference when going to a blower.

At this point, you have a ton of $'s into that car. It will be interesting to see how it holds up long term and how long you hold onto it (since you are running out of things to do to it).
We shall see... will most likely redo the bottom end when upgrading the fuel system.Still looking at axle options and BMR suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
WOW!!!!!! That is the BEST sounding Camaro I have ever heard!!!!!! CONGRATS Sledgehammer70!!!!!!!! A dream come true for sure!

Oh, and thank-you for all your Video's! They are beyond helpful!
Thanks for checking out the channel. It s a fun hobby and I am glad some people have enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post
Sounds good looks good mission accomplished! watch all your vids always helpful for installs!
Thank you! Love crafting the content.

Quote:
If he sells it after it is 4 or more years old he has to provide the buyer with a current smog. You did not read everything on the California DMV website.
This car will not be sold or traded. This is a forever car for me... or until it dies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
I also agree that Lethal has done a tremendous job in modifying and passing on all the great information to everyone. I know what the smog laws are in Calif and not needing an official check on new cars for 6 years, however the CHP or local law enforcement can pull you over (for whatever reason) and check under your hood. If they see anything out of the ordinary, they can require you to go to the local official smog station and have a check by an referee. Temecula, Murrieta, and Menifee CHP are very aggressive.....pull you over for tinted windows, no front plate, or loud exhaust and then they have you pop the hood. Cops aren't stupid and most are into cars and know whats stock and whats modified. Not saying this is right or wrong, just my experience thru friends and family.
it's funny, I haven't had plates on the car for over 6 months (it is paid for and registration is current) I have tinted windows (nothing yet) but I typically drive with my windows down, and I have never heard of anyone in this area getting aloud exhaust ticket unless they were complete assholes to the cops. But windows, down, staying the speed limit in most areas and NPP has kept me safe.

I literally had a CHP officer pull along side me today in Menifee and tip his hat at my car before taking off and pulling over a Mustang... lol
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #46
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
I too installed a Procharger supercharger, but not all of the go-fast goodies you have. My Garnet red 2SS is plenty fast and I'm very happy with it. We'll both enjoy our cars, cept different.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #47
fxdxron1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
California

Now you hate California really? Remember 33 states require smog check.
fxdxron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #48
Paully104
Novice Driver

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver
Quote:
I imagine getting stuck in traffic for 5 hours changes a man haha.
Paully104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #49
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Not a big fan of Cali too! Accept they did make my Whipple!
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #50
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Wow man let it go . Yes we all understand smog checks!

--BREAK--

Matt love the car, sounds amazing
Old 03-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #51
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
When you say "My car "should" last a while". How long is a while? Lol. This is something I would really love to do but want my camaro to last me a few years at least. Lol
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #52
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I love how strong your car sounds. I wish they rolled off the production floor sounding this way. As much as I love this car, I was a bit disappointed how quite it is even in sport/track.

Either way great work on everything you have done. Enjoy watching your videos and will use in the future when I finally start upgrading my own car.
TheDocKlopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:59 AM   #53
Max RS

Drives: 2016 SS AT
Sledge

When do you plan to do a video on the Aeroforce Gauge install. I'm about to purchase but want to see it in your car first.

And I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016 2SS AT
Max RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #54
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
When you say "My car "should" last a while". How long is a while? Lol. This is something I would really love to do but want my camaro to last me a few years at least. Lol
It should last a very long time as long as i take care of it. Proper oil changes, valve cleanings, transmission flushes, brake jobs, differential fluid flushes. I don;t drag race my car daily. I do sit in traffic and drive my car. As long as I use great parts it should last as long as a stock motor. But we all know I will drive it a bit harder than normal, so we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDocKlopek View Post
I love how strong your car sounds. I wish they rolled off the production floor sounding this way. As much as I love this car, I was a bit disappointed how quite it is even in sport/track.

Either way great work on everything you have done. Enjoy watching your videos and will use in the future when I finally start upgrading my own car.
Thanks man. I love making the content and sharing my experience. Just another car fan talking to a camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max RS View Post
Sledge

When do you plan to do a video on the Aeroforce Gauge install. I'm about to purchase but want to see it in your car first.

And I LOVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is coming. I have been swamped at work for my day job, so things have been hard and I have simply been pretty damn tired as of late, need to slow it down and take a deep breath.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #55
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
I have simply been pretty damn tired as of late, need to slow it down and take a deep breath.
LOL.. Yes you can see it your eyes in those videos. Reminded me of when I did overnight cutovers when you worked to O'Dark-30!

Take a couple days with the family to...
https://www.greatwolf.com/southern-c...Fc6hswod7PMM1g
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #56
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Nice car, hope you find some time to have a little fun with it.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote