Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #57
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyTurner View Post
I will admit she didn't "blow" through the stop sign...But after she nailed me (that's what she said) and after reviewing the video..I was a little pissed off :-).
I would be too. It's people like her who make your life a living hell. Now, imagine if she didn't exist. Yea buddy, you wouldn't have a banged up Camaro. I was rear ended a few weeks back in my girls Lexus RC. Guy prob hit me at around 5mph, if that. Didn't leave a mark, but was still aggravating. He apologized, but I'm like, man are you even paying attention? You invaded my mojo. Ruined my day. I mean, really. The nerve of some people.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #58
Ambroze

Drives: 2017 1SS M6
Everyone should have a dash cam.
Ambroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #59
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Her fault but I would have reacted quicker and avoided it! And why didn't u pull over right at the accident? Looked like u were running away lol. Glad everyone's ok.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #60
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I also noticed not a ONE Starbucks in the video either. If you notice when he was leaving, no Starbucks around. Uh huh. He's trying to cover up for something he wasn't supposed to be doing.
Why accuse him of trying to cover something up with no basis for the accusation?

BTW - front camera view, 15 sec in, on the left... oh look a Starbucks
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #61
gw6211

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
No, if you read my previous statements here I have been in a wreck before because of this same situation..I did not have time to check my mirrors to see if my blind spots were clear by the time I realized she was not stopping.

By the time I realized she was not stopping I attempted to swerve enough as so to attempt to clear her but also enough so that just in case someone were in my blindspots I wouldn't hit them.

It happened fast, like I said I saw her, but i thought she was going to jet out to the middle and stop and wait on me to pass by. It is not my job to swerve and and slam on the brakes for every single person who uses the middle lanes properly LOL.

Let's just break this down...lets say I did swerve everytime or brake really hard everytime someone rapidly entered the middle lanes in northern virginia my car would have been destroyed the first week I bought it. I can not assume that everytime someone drives they are going to do it wrongly and I must act accordingly, and if I do a-lot of those times when I react I might cause another wreck where I will be the guilty party. I am starting to wonder about some yall...

I'll just say I'm a fairly defensive driver, as you see from the 3 minute video, that's me in a nutshell besides the once a month romp on the gas. :-)
i get that.

So, what camera you got? if you posted already, sorry, couldnt read four pagees.
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #62
TimmyTurner

Drives: Matte Black 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw6211 View Post
i get that.

So, what camera you got? if you posted already, sorry, couldnt read four pagees.

No worries, :-)

This is the one I bought because of the front and back high def cam option:
https://www.amazon.com/LUKAS-LK-9370...rds=lukas+9370
TimmyTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #63
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Why accuse him of trying to cover something up with no basis for the accusation?

BTW - front camera view, 15 sec in, on the left... oh look a Starbucks
Yeah he was just kidding around
Old 01-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #64
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Sucks about your car. At least you weren't hurt, thank God.
If I were you, make sure you show those receipts of having your car wrapped to your insurance company. They may pay you some money for that, at least try to fight for it. The accident was her fault, not yours. You should be reimburse in my opinion.
Good luck going forward.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #65
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
So she blew a sign and nailed you.... hooker?
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:19 PM   #66
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Sucks about your car. At least you weren't hurt, thank God.
If I were you, make sure you show those receipts of having your car wrapped to your insurance company. They may pay you some money for that, at least try to fight for it. The accident was her fault, not yours. You should be reimburse in my opinion.
Good luck going forward.

Much appreciated sir
Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #67
TimmyTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
So she blew a sign and nailed you.... hooker?
What hooker you know allows reimbursement? Sign me up!! JK
Old 01-04-2017, 10:21 PM   #68
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
I will admit she didn't "blow" through the stop sign...But after she nailed me (that's what she said) and after reviewing the video..I was a little pissed off :-).
Youre calmer than me, Id have to edit the audio to make it clean enough to post here.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #69
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Wife was rear ended in her jeep about 2 months after we got it. Woman backed up, drove around her and left the scene. Lucky she hit the hitch (she was in an old F150 with a steel front bumper), it jarred the jeep but her bumper pads only left a black mark on the bumper that I could buff out.

My wife got her phone quick enough to take a picture as she drove off. Couldnt get the tag but could see the truck clearly. I posted on facebook (public) and people shared the hell out of it. Someone she knew told her about the post - she came to the police station later that day and claimed she never hit my wife. Police wouldnt do anything because there was so little damage and no witnesses - her word against my wifes.

Wish I would have had a camera in her jeep - would have loved to have got her for hit and run.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #70
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Yeah he was just kidding around
He's one of those....take everything personal types. All forums have them. Everything is literal.