Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #309
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Well I think I have been thoroughly schooled. I have learned a lot from many of the folks posting here - toohighpsi, jessrayo, EDFHOBBIES, Alkycontrol, AGP Turbo, and GirlyNFG. After all the discussion here, and talking to the shop that will do the install, I'm going to go with the Maggie.

Thanks Everyone!
Good choice buddy, congrats. Gonna love the rush man!

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #310
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Good choice buddy, congrats. Gonna love the rush man!
Thanks SGDM! I probably would have done your setup but to get the car down there and back just wasn't worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #311
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block8head View Post
What an awesome thread!!
This is a great thread. I hope it helps others make a decision as well. I just wish more people with centris would have chimed in.

"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #312
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Well I think I have been thoroughly schooled. I have learned a lot from many of the folks posting here - toohighpsi, jessrayo, EDFHOBBIES, Alkycontrol, AGP Turbo, and GirlyNFG. After all the discussion here, and talking to the shop that will do the install, I'm going to go with the Maggie.

Thanks Everyone!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts once installed. You're gonna love it. Get some good rubber
Old 12-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #313
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post

Can't wait to hear your thoughts once installed. You're gonna love it. Get some good rubber
Just got new wheels and tires are next. I plan on getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports. based on a couple other posts I'm wondering if I should be prepared to upgrade my suspension.

Once I get it done I will surely let everyone in this thread know.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #314
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:
This is a great thread. I hope it helps others make a decision as well. I just wish more people with centris would have chimed in.

I'll definitely chime in when I get my car back this week (ECS/Vortech kit).
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #315
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
I'll definitely chime in when I get my car back this week (ECS/Vortech kit).
Awesome! Thanks man.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:52 AM   #316
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I always find the comment that twin screws are more efficient kind of a misnomer. They are more efficient at maintaining increased boost pressure at higher operating rpms because they provide compression within the rotors. They gain a little boost pressure over the engine rpm range because of this inherent compression. The faster you spin them the more boost they provide (similar to centrifugal). But they draw more power to spin when the bypass is open (most of the time your engine is running) because they are constantly compressing the air. So technically if you are just cruising down the highway at 70 mph and not in boost your Whipple or Kenne Bell is going to take a lot more power to drive than your Maggie, LT4 or Eforce that is really freewheeling. Your car will lose a little fuel efficiency even if you drive it like grandma because the twin screw is always compressing air, even if it is releasing it through a bypass, it compressed it then released it.

The TVS PD superchargers are similar to gear driven fans in a sealed environment that are spinning roughly 3x faster than your crankshaft. Every molecule the supercharger grabs on the low pressure side is transferred to the high side and it is moving whatever it's rated volume is (1.7, 1.9, 2.3...etc) to the high side at the pulley ratio. No matter what your engine rpm the boost will remain relatively constant but as rpms increase the resistance and heat increase so some of the "boost" at higher rpms is due to temp increase more than air flow increase. The old combined gas law that if you double the air temp you also double the pressure without adding a single additional air molecule. Since we are trying to get more air molecules into the engine the increased temps are the enemy of the PD supercharger. This is why PD blowers have a reputation of having the power fall off at peak rpm. If you have a good enough supercharger cooling system you can still make a ton of power at the redline but the design just is not as efficient when you get there. Depending on model your PD supercharger is spinning between 15,000 and 28,000 rpm.

Centrifugal superchargers are kind of like fans blowing in a non sealed environment. They have to really get spinning (40,000+ rpm) before they really maintain significant boost pressure. They don't have a positive displacement guaranteeing every molecule is pushed to the high pressure side like the PD supercharger, they just spin and eventually the sheer velocity develops pressure. Because of this nature the boost climbs all across the rpm band. The faster they spin the more boost they develop.

Turbos are spinning in an open environment like the centrifugal but the rpms are much higher (100,000+ rpm) so they reach "ideal" boost pressures much sooner and need a wastegate to relieve the "excess" boost pressure.

Yeah that is huge advantage of the pd superchargers, they only take engine power to spin when the bypass closes and the car needs boost. Makes them better for real life fuel economy and EPA testing.
You seem to be very knowledgeable. In your opinion what do you think the average 0-60 speed would be on a stock 2016 2SS with a Procharger supercharger? Thanks...
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:27 AM   #317
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Just got new wheels and tires are next. I plan on getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports. based on a couple other posts I'm wondering if I should be prepared to upgrade my suspension.

Once I get it done I will surely let everyone in this thread know.
Don't rule out bridge stone re 71r since your leaning towards a street aoto cross tire

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #318
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Congrats on your decision! And yes, get good tires. These factory run flats with a 2300 blower are useless at moderate + throttle in under 50 degree temps until 4th gear, and sometimes 3rd gear is ok depending on the pavement.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #319
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
You seem to be very knowledgeable. In your opinion what do you think the average 0-60 speed would be on a stock 2016 2SS with a Procharger supercharger? Thanks...
Depends on transmission, ambient temp, and surface prep for the test. 3.6 is a good guess though.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #320
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Depends on transmission, ambient temp, and surface prep for the test. 3.6 is a good guess though.
Thanks jessrayo. I have an 8-speed auto. 0-60 in 3.6 sounds good.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:00 AM   #321
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Thanks jessrayo. I have an 8-speed auto. 0-60 in 3.6 sounds good.
What 0-60 are you getting now?
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #322
sub_ETCS_ret

I am trying to understand the differences between the Procharger p1sc, d1sc, and f1a. Other than rpm and max supported horsepower can anyone provide other advantages like lower end or mid range torque.