Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-10-2016, 10:20 AM   #43
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Received an email from Ruben at SoCalporting. He said it would be best to send him all three pieces, the 80mm throttlebody, the adapter spacer, and the intake manifold, and they would port all three together for $300. He stated a 15 rwhp and 15 rwtq gain, better throttle response and a smoother power curve. V-maxx offers a stock throttlebody porting for $350 and if you send your stock TB in for a core return ,they send you $200 back, if it meets there standered, so it nets our to $150 for a stock TB port job. Jacfab was charging $400 for stock mani porting and $200 return core charge, net $200. Jacfab was charging $450 for a 80mm TB porting, and $200 core return, net $250. So, for me, I would get my TB, spacer, and mani all match ported together for 300, that's a great deal for me, as I haven't heard of anybody porting the 80mm TB. It would be $50 dollars cheaper than the V-maxx/Jacfab duo. If your intrested in getting some porting work done, SoCalporting seems to be a great option,imo.
Awesome news!
Now I just need to get my Tb and spacer!
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #44
badcompany

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS
The people saying this isnt a big deal is bs. I agree 100% with OP. Once you agree to purchase/sell something you should stick too it. To renig on the deal is a bitch move. And to the people saying "oh well he just took the easier route and sold locally instead of dealing with shipping", is total crap. If thats the way you see it then you might ought to not be posting items on a national level if you're just going to back out and sell local. Too many people are fake bitches, no value on morals or principles.
Old 09-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #45
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany View Post
The people saying this isnt a big deal is bs. I agree 100% with OP. Once you agree to purchase/sell something you should stick too it. To renig on the deal is a bitch move. And to the people saying "oh well he just took the easier route and sold locally instead of dealing with shipping", is total crap. If thats the way you see it then you might ought to not be posting items on a national level if you're just going to back out and sell local. Too many people are fake bitches, no value on morals or principles.
+1
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #46
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Sold a catch can here on the forum for an agreed to price (included shipping). Was offered my initial asking price by a local guy about 2 -3 hours later, BUT in my mind the guy who I made the initial agreement with (for about $20 less) was a binding deal.
Guess integrity is gray with some people , and black and white to others.
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #47
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
lol Alrighty then... OP didn't lose anything in this situation. Only thing the seller could have done better is given the guy a heads up that he's selling locally.

You're right though... Good reminder for me to never sell anything on here. Too many whiners when they don't get their way. I hope you all never deal with craigslist. I'd hate to see your reaction to some of the flakes on there if you have your panties in a bunch over this.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #48
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
First come, first served. If someone tells me they want the item, and later they don't reply within 24 hours, I'm talking to the next guy. Simple as that. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out, get over it! Life is too short to be bitching about someone who burned you on a sale. That being said, whoever reaches out to you first should be ONLY person your dealing with, unless someone offers more $, the I would ask for a counter offer from the first guy.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #49
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
So you're saying if you agree to buy something, but before money exchanges hands you happen find the same exact item cheaper, even much, much cheaper.....you will honor your original agreement regardless of how much money you will save?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #50
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Everything sounds fair to me. He didn't take your money. We all assume that local deals reign precedence. That is just the way it is, whatever cost the seller less and puts more money in his pocket.

Sorry to hear about your loss on the item OP, but honestly no harm was done. It has happened to me on here and I didn't put that person on blast. Get over it.
Exactly what I was thinking. No reason to bash someone if they sold the product to someone else and they never took money or a deposit from a different person.
If you want more power out of your car OP, sell it and buy a v8.
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 AM   #51
badcompany

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
So you're saying if you agree to buy something, but before money exchanges hands you happen find the same exact item cheaper, even much, much cheaper.....you will honor your original agreement regardless of how much money you will save?
Yes, i've already made the deal. Usually once I find what I want, I dont continue to keep looking for same said item. My word is my word, a mans worth should be more than the value of saving a couple of $$$
Old 09-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #52
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
If you say you'll do something, then you should follow through and live up to your word. If you don't, your word isn't worth the paper it's written on, even if it's only spoken. Say what you'll do, then do what you say.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #53
CO2010ss

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
I had the same thing happen to me on another forum with my srt, I claimed a set of custom painted coil covers for my charger and the same night he claimed his wife ran them over on accident after he boxed them and said sorry, fast forward a few days and a guy with the same city as a location is posting pics of them as his latest mod, I did same as you and called him out, they used a "bean method" there for ratings that anyone could be rated on by anyone for anything forum related not just a "itrader" rating he got so many negative beans he put up a public apology because no one was buying any of his painted offerings anymore, he offered to paint me another set anyway I wanted and send them to me for free, (i declined and offered to pay the same price as the others were) he made me another set off a pic I sent, and we both got along great after that. so kudos to you, if everyone got called out publicly for their shady actions the world would be a better place imho, peer pressure is something nobody wants.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #54
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
I made and offer, he told me the total with shipping, I said "I'll take them."
He came back and told me he didnt realize the items would sell so fast and they were still on his car. He would be pulling them the coming week.
He never said a word about possibly selling locally.
To me, that was a deal made.
If it were otherwise, he would/should have told me.
When I asked him point blank if he sold it locally, he told me he did "because it was easier, sorry."
MAJOR FAIL....
Like Mr Stacy and others have stated... It's called integrity and it seems to be a fading quality.
Maybe it's my age (57) I don't know, but this really just hit the last nerve.
Every other transaction I have done on here (and there have been many that weren't "iRated") has gone smoothly and flawlessly. I guess because I ASSUMED I was dealing with someone that would keep his word it hit me as a betrayal.
At first, I thought the OP was being a little irrational, perhaps. However, he responded with more info on how the transaction happened, and this changed my p.o.v.

To me, in a direct conversation, the words "I'll take them" is as good as a handshake, done deal. The seller should've considered them sold at that point and not pursued any further buyers or even taken any further offers.

Now, if I'm going to sell something here, or anywhere, I'm not going to post it until it is ready to ship. Any number of things can go wrong in the meantime, either to the car or the part during removal. I take the same approach as a buyer. If it's still on the car, I'll keep looking for what I want, letting the seller know that I may be interested when they are ready.

Now, is this worth getting angry about? I don't know, sure, it's frustrating, but no one really got hurt. No one lost money, no one was really inconvenienced, at least that much. It is certainly not worth a sweeping judgement on an entire generation of people. I mean, this kind of thing has been going on for as long goods and services have been bought and sold.

Did the seller do the wrong thing here? Yes, he agreed to sell the OP and should've stuck with the deal. Does this mean the seller is a dishonest person with no integrity in general? No it doesn't. C'mon, we've all done things at some point that perhaps weren't the right thing to do, or have made some poor judgement calls in the heat of the moment.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #55
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Yes, i've already made the deal. Usually once I find what I want, I dont continue to keep looking for same said item. My word is my word, a mans worth should be more than the value of saving a couple of $$$
Just to be clear, even if the difference is hundreds or even thousands of dollars?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:15 PM   #56
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I've had probably 500 online used part transactions. I've had far far far far more people back out after a deal is made than the other way around. So until money has exchanged hands, there is no deal. I've been burnt way too many times by "i'll pay you friday" "hold it for 2 days" "yah I want it, take $xxx" then never heard from again.

I trader thing is a joke. You can see my one "bad" review from some jackass on here. Agreed to sell him a part, he insisted on mailing a check. While the money was on the way I was moving the item, damaged it, and told him sorry, item is broke, so keep your money. He then insist I source a new one, and agree to the "deal". Well his check never showed, and no transaction occurred. I could have sent him the damaged item, but I ate it instead, and he still got pissed.