Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-18-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
pk1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss black
First timer here excited for my SS but unsure

was up guys first time Camaro owner hopefully. I went to dealer didn't have the car i wanted but they did tell me one was in "transit". so got an purchase agreement on it at a good price, went through two days of dealing with getting approved from credit union and finding insurance etc. currently waiting on the car but i cant help but think man what if its not what i want. all i wanted is premium black(mosaic), NPP, automatic. but i have nightmares that its regular black auto n no npp man that would suck! any advice?
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #2
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
The regular black looks better anyway and the Mosaic has known QC issues.

You need to do a search for the camaro checklist, and when the car shows up try to stay calm and do a thorough inspection item by item. Once you sign on the line and accept the car the problems are yours and the new Camaro has problems in several places.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #3
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Here's the link.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437205

These are the big ones. Paint coverage, seats not fully functioning, toe links cracked, rear end service, loose screws in the oiling system, head liners peeling. The list goes on. Dig through the site and look for notes to add to your list.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:09 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Ask your dealer for the car's workbench, on it will be the color code, and will say if it is standard black or mosaic. If it's not the one you want, then don't buy it. don't feel pressured or committed.
Also, the above-mentioned QC issues should be resolved by now for the Mosaic black color, which is a better looking black, especially when its flawless. my local dealer has one parked next to a regular black one, and the mosaic is absolutely jaw dropping.
but definitely do a thorough inspection of it when receiving it, and DO NOT settle if its not up to your standards, and make sure its on a bright sunny day.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #5
pk1

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss black
thanks for the tips guys on didnt know mosaic had problems. i could live with both any color long as its black r nightfall grey. my biggest concern is having npp than anything and that everything works like it should. ill be sure to check that checklist and workbench
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #6
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Check these out also.

Npp is sweet, but these can give you a less common sound with that system, both sound good.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #7
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
If the car is "in transit" then it may show up on the dealer's inventory list on their web site. I bought mine "in transit" and it was listed even after I signed the sales order.

Be patient because "in transit" can be 6 weeks or more. Mine sat in Lancing for nearly a month before it shipped by rail and then took more than a week to get to the dealer once it started moving. There are numerous threads about the long shipping times for these cars.

If you do your homework and you are sure this is the car for you then you can ask the dealer to activate the free OnStar subscription. Then you can use OnStar to track the location of the car during transit. There are several treads about OnStar tracking if you are interested.

Good Luck!!
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #8
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1 View Post
but i cant help but think man what if its not what i want. all i wanted is premium black(mosaic), NPP, automatic. but i have nightmares that its regular black auto n no npp man that would suck! any advice?
Not sure why you're asking us....The dealer knows EXACTLY what he has coming. Talk to him..
Old 05-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #9
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
why wouldn't the dealer tell you what is on the car? I find it odd they sold you a car without knowing what options it has ...

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem2104 View Post
why wouldn't the dealer tell you what is on the car? I find it odd they sold you a car without knowing what options it has ...
I find it odder he bought a car without knowing what options it has.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #11
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Yeah you should know what's on the car beforehand, don't assume anything. These cars aren't exactly inexpensive so you're better off getting what you really want than hoping it's what you want.
SDG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #12
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
I find it odder he bought a car without knowing what options it has.
agreed. can't imagine doing that. how do you even know the price? if he gave you a deal, how do you know he did without the option list. confused ...

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #13
Redd1983

Drives: 2016 ss vert hot red, mrc, npp,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
The regular black looks better anyway and the Mosaic has known QC issues.

You need to do a search for the camaro checklist, and when the car shows up try to stay calm and do a thorough inspection item by item. Once you sign on the line and accept the car the problems are yours and the new Camaro has problems in several places.
I ordered from a dealer 3,hrs from me, when my car is ready to be shipped I plan on sending over the checklist from this forum. I would like to avoid a 6 hr round trip with no car because they have to correct certain issues. So my question.... isn't this the purpose of a warranty? I don't necessary have to have this particular dealer fix them right? And worse case scenario I miss something can't I still get it fixed under warranty? Excluding paint chips because they'll say it was of my doing I suppose.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #14
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd1983 View Post
I ordered from a dealer 3,hrs from me, when my car is ready to be shipped I plan on sending over the checklist from this forum. I would like to avoid a 6 hr round trip with no car because they have to correct certain issues. So my question.... isn't this the purpose of a warranty? I don't necessary have to have this particular dealer fix them right? And worse case scenario I miss something can't I still get it fixed under warranty? Excluding paint chips because they'll say it was of my doing I suppose.

How close are you to the dealer, how is their service, what is your time worth, how long will it be in the shop while you are still paying for a car you're not driving, are you comfortable with a voided paint warranty b/c the car needed an complete re-paint from the factory?