Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #85
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
When selling on ebay, I LEARN TO EVEN TAKE PICS of items in the BOX INSIDE FEDEX WHEN YOU SHIPPING.

electronics -ALWAYS take pic with the POWER ON and make sure you use that pic on your listings.
I ALWAYS PUT on my listing
No refunds sold as is-SELLER IS NOT LIABLE IF NOT BEING INSTALL BY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL!. PLEASE DUE NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT AGREE.
however if a buyer is filing a claim
You always get the chance to respond to any case and can give options to work it out.

at this point, tell BUYER in case notes - have them send it back so you can inspect it. and ask them to send in any paper work from a certified PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER" -
(PER LISTING)
CHANCES ARE THEY WONT. A lot of con artist wont go to the pain of shipping back a item at their expense.

one of two things will help you at this point-
1- the item works and you send info to ebay and pay pal with pics showing unit works fine and buyer now need to send money to reship.

or 2- you can click on item return not as sold. Because you have your pics showing its working when sold and packed correctly. and you got item back not as it was sold and give the info to ebay and payPal.
they gonna want info so describe and give a lot of info .

IF ITS OVER $600 FILE A POLICE REPORT ASAP. for damage merchandise and fraud attempt on buyer. Its free and send in a copy.

It may seem like alot of work but it helps. AND you will always win your case as a seller under seller protection. especially if you have great feed back.

I got that tip from someone that work the claims for ebay.
and never had a problem since I learn that.

They will rule in your favor. and it won't take long.
1-proof that power is on in listing
2-ship and pack correctly inside a ship facility
in case he/she (both) file damage package then ship company pays
3-listing states certified installer so need document ( usally buyers cancel claim here)
4-police report ( key) ebay and pay pal will get this over faster because this can now become a legal issue.
5-your feed back vs buyers

hope this helps and sorry for long post.
But selling on ebay is like painting - all about the prep work.
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
KINGRENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #86
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I did most of this, paypal request documents from the installer, he uploaded no information, and I won my case. Then it went to a charge back instead of a dispute.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #87
KINGRENZ

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
You should be fine . Matter fact You will be fine.
the buyers bank/ credit card company contact paypal/ebay and they will do this as a percuation and put a hold on your account because it will be investigated.
going to the cc company really should not matter because he made the purchase. IT WAS NOT A THEFT OR FRAUD PURCHASE.
s your good on that part.
sold as is..and waited 20 days ( i did not know this -20 days) and I bet he is not getting it installed buy a certified installer.
I would call paypal/ ebay ask for a manager and tell them to release the hold. you already had it rulled in your favor. i
BET THEY will refund the buyer but not take it from you. call your bank and let them know you have a unauthorize hold and you got proof it was settled.and now your bank will go to battle also.
and before anyone take anything from you now your bank will have the final say so.
I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.
keep all your proof because before anything is release out of your account they ( buyer-paypal-ebay-and the other bank will need to prove with out a doubt the buyer is being cheated out of merchandise and clearly he is not.

he made the purchase and also the auction states it is a binding contract and you said sold as is and also he waited so long and he has no certified paper work about the install.
SUCKS you going through this but keep the faith!!! Keep your head up! and do not stop fighting.

and if the buyer is a member and reading this and watching your post hope he learn that truth don't need support. I hope ( i wish nothing bad ) really nothing bad happens to his camaro for being shady like a blown rod or transmission craps out or something- reap what you sow good or bad!!
Harvey Dent- Dark Night Feeling
KINGRENZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #88
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm resurrecting this thread because I just had back-to-back ebay sales go sour. One was for a barely used K&N filter, another for a $180 computer audio interface. In both cases the buyers requested a return through eBay (I have "No Returns" on all my auctions) and also simultaneously filed a Paypal case, at which time Paypal immediately starts the process of putting the screws to me. That "No Returns" field in eBay mind as well not even be there, it's literal only function is to trick sellers into using eBay and thinking they won't be dealing with constant returns or fraud (returns that never actually get returned).

Closed my other eBay auctions and I'm walking away after 16 years. It's become too toxic for sellers.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #89
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread because I just had back-to-back ebay sales go sour. One was for a barely used K&N filter, another for a $180 computer audio interface. In both cases the buyers requested a return through eBay (I have "No Returns" on all my auctions) and also simultaneously filed a Paypal case, at which time Paypal immediately starts the process of putting the screws to me. That "No Returns" field in eBay mind as well not even be there, it's literal only function is to trick sellers into using eBay and thinking they won't be dealing with constant returns or fraud (returns that never actually get returned).

Closed my other eBay auctions and I'm walking away after 16 years. It's become too toxic for sellers.
I literally just closed my account yesterday because they wouldn't remove my social security number lmao.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #90
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Unfortunately you are probably scrrewed. Stick to the terms you sold it under and DO NOT agree to him returning it to you under any circumstances. Ebay will always find in the buyers favor, if you can, transfer the money out of your paypal account. If they force a refund on you then of course get your mylink back.
I don't think you're screwed.. you should be covered by Ebay's seller protection. If you list it as "no returns" and he has a problem, then that is his problem. Only if the item was poorly package could he dispute it. It's called "As Is".

As is - (adj.) - A term used to describe a sales transaction in which the seller offers goods in their present, existing condition to prospective buyers.
The term as is gives notice to buyers that they are taking a risk on the quality of the goods. The buyer is free to inspect the goods before purchase; but if any hidden defects are discovered after purchase, the buyer has no recourse against the seller. Any implied or express warranties that usually accompany goods for sale are excluded in an "as is" sale.

Also the idiot probably tried to use it without getting the VIN wiped from the radio, expecting it to work out of the box! If you mess with it without getting the VIN wiped, then the radio will lock you out and give a blank screen, or show "radio locked." It will eventually come back and say "radio locked" again after a couple cycles of turning the key. If he doesn't go to the dealer or someone who does VIN wiping and resetting, then he is SOL.