Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-01-2015, 02:51 AM   #29
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Love to see a video

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #30
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
I have them the not loud .really cant tell there in the car for as sound until you floor the pedal. You feel the power.
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 AM   #31
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvyf22 View Post
I have them the not loud .really cant tell there in the car for as sound until you floor the pedal. You feel the power.
I have mine with the solo cat back their loud AF comapred to go flo cats and much much raspier
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #32
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
You like them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
I have mine with the solo cat back their loud AF comapred to go flo cats and much much raspier
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #33
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvyf22 View Post
You like them?
On a scale d 1-10 I like these like a 3 the Solo hfc I liked more like a 8, but I can't put the solos back on my car cuz I don't want them to break down again
Old 07-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #34
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Update: Never did get the O2 extenders or hear from Steve again. So I purchased them myself from Big Daddies Garage. I decided also to purchase a Magnaflow Tru X Crossover pipe. Just got the final piece yesterday. Should have some video in the next few days.

Going drag racing next Saturday, same track as my baseline runs, so we'll see what the results are like.

To sum up ARH you will receive a nice down pipe at a good price. Nothing else. No matter what you are told by them.
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #35
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Town Terror View Post
Update: Never did get the O2 extenders or hear from Steve again. So I purchased them myself from Big Daddies Garage. I decided also to purchase a Magnaflow Tru X Crossover pipe. Just got the final piece yesterday. Should have some video in the next few days.

Going drag racing next Saturday, same track as my baseline runs, so we'll see what the results are like.

To sum up ARH you will receive a nice down pipe at a good price. Nothing else. No matter what you are told by them.
I'm getting a p0299. Post catalytic system to rich. I don't know if that's bc of my downpipes it my tune or both. But it only happens when I slam the gas from a stop. Lmk if you get a code
Old 07-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #36
Twin Town Terror

So I really think I screwed up putting the Magnaflow Tru X Crossover pipe on. It sounds like complete and utter sh-t in a specific range during acceleration! I'm going to be getting rid of that as soon as I can. I will be replacing it with a resonated x pipe and deleting the stock resonators. It should be fine then.

No codes so far. Video should be done in a few...
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #37
Twin Town Terror

http://youtu.be/6UzKAo2mXKg

First start was cold. Second was warm. You'll hear in the middle of acceleration for a second or two it sounds like the exhaust is rattling apart. Horrible rasp!!!Then it goes back to normal. It's gotta be the Tru X.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #38
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbclax1 View Post
Initial thoughts...worth it? There are catted versions right?

It's worth it. The issues aren't from the ARH pipes. They fit perfect. Easy install. Sound good. My issues are from my decision to put a Tru X pipe on at the same time. I should've went my instincts and got the resonated X pipe or stuck with the stock H pipe. There are catted versions also. During normal driving you can't tell the difference between stock. I would imagine the catted version would be the same. With the Big Daddies Garage Mini O2 CEL Fix you should have no problems without a tune. Other than a sweet spot during acceleration they are awesome. I'll have time slips on Saturday to see what, if one, the improvement is.

Once again, you will not get anything but the pipes no matter what ARH tells you. You won't even get a sticker, even though you were promised one. Just accept that and order online and don't bother getting BS'd over the phone. The quality of the product is very very good. The support from sales / customer service, not so much.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:12 AM   #39
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
I like the sound of the start up with the ARH downpipe. I already have a magnaflow X pipe with a muffler and resonator delete, it sounds really deep but the resonated x does take away from the volume so I might get these ARH down pipes
Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #40
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
.Did Sound volume increase alot in start up? and how is the sound between 1500-3000 rpm? stockish? I assume that past 4k it gets louder then stock
Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:08 AM   #41
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis13RS View Post
.Did Sound volume increase alot in start up? and how is the sound between 1500-3000 rpm? stockish? I assume that past 4k it gets louder then stock
It got a tiny bit louder, not much. More of a rumble at start up. Driving around under normal driving you won't tell a difference between these and stock. When you go wide open throttle you will tell a big difference. The resonated X pipe is mandatory IMO. My car sounds like the worlds loudest kazoo at certain points under load right now with the Tru X pipe.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:15 AM   #42
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Town Terror View Post
It got a tiny bit louder, not much. More of a rumble at start up. Driving around under normal driving you won't tell a difference between these and stock. When you go wide open throttle you will tell a big difference. The resonated X pipe is mandatory IMO. My car sounds like the worlds loudest kazoo at certain points under load right now with the Tru X pipe.
that made me laugh!

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote