Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #141
Twin Town Terror

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
Just picked these up today they ran me 350. I have the catless ones thou. Won't be able to install until next Wensday along with the solo exhaust
Did you get O2 extenders with yours or are you getting it tuned? Steve said he was going to email me when he threw my extenders in the mail. Haven't seen anything from him...
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Twin Town Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #142
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Just picked these up today they ran me 350. I have the catless ones thou. Won't be able to install until next Wensday along with the solo exhaust
you are on Long Island, you will fail inspection without cats here.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #143
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
you are on Long Island, you will fail inspection without cats here.
They only do visual emissions inspection if the car is more than 5 years old I belive. Also I have the cel tuned out. Also I know shops who have passed it in the past with my hfc bc I know the ppl working there, I think I shud be good
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #144
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Town Terror View Post
Did you get O2 extenders with yours or are you getting it tuned? Steve said he was going to email me when he threw my extenders in the mail. Haven't seen anything from him...
I already have a tune so no point in the 02 extenders
Old 07-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #145
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
I already have a tune so no point in the 02 extenders
Gotcha.

I'm wrapping mine with DEI Titanium Wrap right now while watching TV. I will be installing them a week Friday or Saturday when I get back from vacation.
Elite catch can & clean side oil separator, Apex Scoop, CAI cold air intake, Vmax ported throttle body, TTT ported intake manifold, JacFab intake manifold spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Weld RT-S 17x5 f and 17x 9 r wheels, MT 28/6/17 f and M&H 275/50/17 r tires, TTT rear seat delete, Nitrous Outlet plate kit, 125hp jets.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #146
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:
What's the link you bought them from?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #147
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
They dont sound bad
There not loud
An you can feel the power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Town Terror View Post
Thanks for your info Jason! I understand what you're saying... And I'm willing to put up with the occassional 'lying vendor' or miss truths if the quality of the hard part is there, the performance is there, the price is right, and it doesn't sound like shit. I've only posted a few times on this forum and one of them was about Elite's clean side separator. You spend the time to fill out all the info about your vehicle on their website and then when you get their product you have to go to NAPA and buy more stuff to make it fit your vehicle. I, personally, am ok with it because the hard part ended up being a really nice piece that functions very well. The extra money... I would've spent any way...

I'm just interested in reviews. Does it sound good? Too loud? Not loud enough? Too much drone? No drone? No power increase??? Wish you never bought it? Or, other than some vendor issues, and some extra parts, it's pretty bad ass... Knocked a tenth off the ET... Are there other people than you and the OP who've bought it, but have O2 extenders, have those people had any CEL's??? Any no cat customers with extenders with CEL issues? I mean there must be more out there.... They're still offered...

Thanks
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #148
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Are the car less louder then the catted versions? Would either set up make my mrt v1s louder or quieter?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:17 AM   #149
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
What's the link you bought them from?

I live about 20 mins away from them so I kinda just showed up
To their shop and ordered it. The number I called was (631) 608-0726, you can ask for Steve. Tell him moe referred you I guess ? He can put your order in through the phone
Old 07-02-2015, 01:18 AM   #150
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
I live about 20 mins away from them so I kinda just showed up
To their shop and ordered it. The number I called was (631) 608-0726, you can ask for Steve. Tell him moe referred you I guess ? He can put your order in through the phone
Ok sounds good.. what kind of numbers does it put out?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 AM   #151
moE_09

Does anybody know since these are catless and the air will not be cleaned through the catalytic conveter if it will mess with the fuel trims of car? Will it cause the 02 sensor to read to much or to little and will the computer try to compensate by trying to dump in less or more fuel?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #152
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_DILLA View Post
Ok sounds good.. what kind of numbers does it put out?
Solo advertises 15whp. So shud be about the same
Old 07-02-2015, 01:24 AM   #153
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Solo advertises 15whp. So shud be about the same
So that's about 25hp to the crank? I have the ipf tune ECU and TCU modded and it alone gives 25hp and 30lbs of torque. Plus I have the vitesse throttle body controller with a ported throttle body and Roto-Fab Cai and custom exhaust built from scratch. Took the full Jones boar racing mufflers,x pipe,deleted resonator,and 3" pipes and mine is 2013 LFX. What do you think all that would give me to the crank including the headers if I got those installed also?

Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 AM   #154
Twin Town Terror

Quote:
Does anybody know since these are catless and the air will not be cleaned through the catalytic conveter if it will mess with the fuel trims of car? Will it cause the 02 sensor to read to much or to little and will the computer try to compensate by trying to dump in less or more fuel?
If you have a tune your rear O2 sensors have basically been turned into bunghole plugs. They're being ignored. The tune is dependent on the front, pre cat, O2 sensors.

If you're still worried though you can always get these http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat...O2%20Simulator