Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Look at what this clown had to say:
capncaveman 3 hours ago-2 Votes (1 Up / 3 Dn) Request sentYup $40,000 for a 'fully loaded' version seems a little expensive. Considering the lack of build quality, poor handling, and general all round ugliness of the thing I'm wondering who'd buy it?

I suppose it's aimed at nostalgic baby boomers, as the old customer base for the Camaro, young working males, sure couldn't afford one now.

This is what I am talking about, I will bet he drives a ten your old Subaru or some other Jap junk.
If they would actually look at the real car for themselves and base opinions on facts I would be cool with it.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #30
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
IMHO the genesis coupe is boring looking. My response to a friend who has one and goes on about how good of car it is compared to the camaro is lets park them side by side in a busy parking lot and do a comparison on how many people even notice his.

Maybe they need to be reminded that Muscle cars are a North American invention not Korean. Its like walmart trying to say their cola is better than Coca Cola. Its just not the same no matter what they put in it

At the end of the day I made the right decision for me. if I would have bought the genesis coupe i would be disappointed.. and Iam not disappointed in my Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
But every time somebody brings up that damned genesis coupe as an example of how they "should" have done it, or how it's the "future of sports cars"....GAH!!! I just want to explode!!! The Camaro is on par of BETTER than that tin-can in nearly every category of criticism!!!
ugh.../rant
Old 08-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #31
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The review was fair, but the comments ? Have no idea what they were smoking ....
Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #32
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
um i AM a woman, and your statements are so sexist it's stupid.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #33
dursin

Drives: Suburban
[QUOTE=haleyd;834011]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post

huh? leather isn't for chicks? i wouldn't have anything BUT leather in my car. and i'm a chick. i don't get what you mean?!?!?!
I like leather in the car...but ONLY for the steering wheel wrap and the shifter. Don't care for leather interior one bit and never get it unless there is absolutely no other option. Took me forever to find my 2004 Suburban because I wanted all the high end options except the leather seats!
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #34
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
[QUOTE=dursin;834225]
Quote:
I like leather in the car...but ONLY for the steering wheel wrap and the shifter. Don't care for leather interior one bit and never get it unless there is absolutely no other option. Took me forever to find my 2004 Suburban because I wanted all the high end options except the leather seats!
i LOVE leather. i hate how staticky i get in the winter with cloth. my pants always feel like they stick to it and don't slide very well. leather is just so much smoother. plus you get heated seats with leather and in indiana in winter, it's a must for me! LOL!!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #35
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Well obviously he's not quite into that a real man doesn't need to proclaim that he's manly all the time
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Leather makes a huge difference on steering wheel so I think it will feel a whole lot better.

that's what i'm thinking too. the feeling of the non-leather is just rough and uncomfortable but once it's leather and smooth i'm sure it'll be a totally different story!
It does, it really does. I have leather on my Saab's steering wheel and it's great. When I've driven other cars that doesn't have leather on it's just...wrong. Nowhere near as comfortable.

And also when I was at the dealership checking the car out, the leather was veeery smooth. Here's some pics from then:

Sadly don't have any good pic of me having a firm grip on it, but the second pic is very indicative of how I'll look on the highway. Very comfortable in that position. I have a hard time seeing you being disappointed by it.
Quote:

i LOVE leather. i hate how staticky i get in the winter with cloth. my pants always feel like they stick to it and don't slide very well. leather is just so much smoother. plus you get heated seats with leather and in indiana in winter, it's a must for me! LOL!!
Agreed! Plus leather is waaay fresher in the long run if you take good care of it.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #36
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
I thought the review was fine, and the comments were hilarious. I especially liked:

This is a oversized, overweight, piece of s**t that has no room in today's world. Instead of producing cars that give 40+ mpg CITY, GM comes out with this monstrosity.

I understand fuel economy is good, but some people need to get a grip. Not everyone is dirt-poor.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #37
BrianSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure he was just joking. Lighten up.
BrianSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #38
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
[QUOTE=haleyd;834011]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post

huh? leather isn't for chicks? i wouldn't have anything BUT leather in my car. and i'm a chick. i don't get what you mean?!?!?!
I meant isn't just for "chicks" sorry, typo
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #39
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSS View Post
I'm pretty sure he was just joking. Lighten up.
i'm pretty sure he wasn't. and it looks like a few others on here didn't think he was either.
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote