The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #99
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well , Than why did GM give the 5 /100k mile warranty in the first place? GM should be about keeping their customers not just their money because most ppl on the forum has more than one GM car ! I see GM losing more customers than gaining because of this and this should be the big question. But I'm sure GM will go bad to the 5/ 100k mile warranty once they see sales start to go down, especially from the construction and other businesses that buy a fleet of trucks for work.
First it is true that GM did in fact take this on as a demonstration that they had a high quality product. This is a fact and coincided with a tinpme that GM was having a quality "image" problem.

They have enough data from customers that buy and lease from them that this is NOT a major purchasing consideration. So I will assure you GM is doing this with the confidence that the few customers they may actually lose will be offset by higher profitability per unit.

You will not see GM go back any time soon simply because it would do what you suggest and simply tell the world that it isn't the quality and value of their products but only a 100,000 mile warranty. "We can only sell cars because we give away a huge warranty wit every sale". Now sounds a little less confident in your product when everyone else you compete with is 60,000 miles.

This is just a bunch of people complaining because they feel like something is being taken from them. You aren't losing anything and the change impacts the cars in the 2016 MY.

Again, I like a 100,000 mile warranty. I have one on my SS. But our Cadillac is only 70,000. And although ATS and CTS sales aren't where GM wants the Escalade is selling like HOT CAKES. So GM already knows the impact of reducing the mileage of the powertrains warranty. And I assure you the reason they are doing this is they know Cadillac sales weren't impacted.

So you doom and gloom didn't happen for Cadillac and likely won't happen for chevrolet.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #100
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
First it is true that GM did in fact take this on as a demonstration that they had a high quality product. This is a fact and coincided with a tinpme that GM was having a quality "image" problem.

They have enough data from customers that buy and lease from them that this is NOT a major purchasing consideration. So I will assure you GM is doing this with the confidence that the few customers they may actually lose will be offset by higher profitability per unit.

You will not see GM go back any time soon simply because it would do what you suggest and simply tell the world that it isn't the quality and value of their products but only a 100,000 mile warranty. "We can only sell cars because we give away a huge warranty wit every sale". Now sounds a little less confident in your product when everyone else you compete with is 60,000 miles.

This is just a bunch of people complaining because they feel like something is being taken from them. You aren't losing anything and the change impacts the cars in the 2016 MY.

Again, I like a 100,000 mile warranty. I have one on my SS. But our Cadillac is only 70,000. And although ATS and CTS sales aren't where GM wants the Escalade is selling like HOT CAKES. So GM already knows the impact of reducing the mileage of the powertrains warranty. And I assure you the reason they are doing this is they know Cadillac sales weren't impacted.

So you doom and gloom didn't happen for Cadillac and likely won't happen for chevrolet.
Alright! And Cadillac Escalade is the only Cadillac selling but that's not too impressive since that truck always sells . Plus what other luxury truck is their to get? The Navigator ? And as far as my doom and gloom , I don't know how it didn't happen for Cadillac when the Escalade is the only one selling well . But I don't know much about the Cadillac reliability as of recently. So I was just talking about the Chevy's!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #101
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This question was answered by a math problem I proposed earlier. The liability may exceed the actual benefit. This forum is a terrible representation of GM customers because the vast majority of them do not own performance vehicles, do not modify their vehicles, and do not care about this warranty since they will trade or sell their vehicles before the powertrain warranty expires.

Most customers are not enthusiasts and won't notice the difference. It's the 1% of us that care enough to argue about this that are the only ones who will notice or remember this in a month.
I'm thinking you have that a little backwards. Most enthusiast on this forum either void the power train warranty or don't go over 12k miles a year so it means less to Camaro owners on this site than it does to the general public with everyday type cars. Its the general public that go well beyond 12k a year and don't mod that this will matter to most. Like I said earlier the warranty was the deciding factor for me when choosing normal cars. I will now look at Ford and Dodge closer when choosing that type of car. I can't see how more people wouldn't have the same mindset who aren't GM loyal. If your looking at one brand or the other you have to evaluate what's better. Well before the warranty was better. Now its the same. The warranty before might have been the deciding factor when all else was equal. The fact that this warranty news is at the bottom of the forum in general automotive says a lot.