The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #29
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Now that is drop dead sexy
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #30
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The LF3 weighs 20 lbs more than the LT1

After the embargo was lifted, the only number I've seen is from Autoblog who quotes a Cadillac spokesman as claiming the base curb weight is "about 3700 lbs"

60k starting would be my guess. Look at the M3/M4 prices, GM will almost certainly be within a couple grand.
Interesting thank you for the engine weight difference. It sounds like if you strip out some of the luxury extras and magnetic ride suspension on the ATS-V you will have a base 6th gen Camaro SS about equal or slightly less weight than this car. The V6 and possible turbo 4 model could weigh significantly less. I have to say though this ATS-V looks fantastic and it would be very tempting depending on how much it costs. This is a great time to be a car guy.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Interesting thank you for the engine weight difference. It sounds like if you strip out some of the luxury extras and magnetic ride suspension on the ATS-V you will have a base 6th gen Camaro SS about equal or slightly less weight than this car. The V6 and possible turbo 4 model could weigh significantly less. I have to say though this ATS-V looks fantastic and it would be very tempting depending on how much it costs. This is a great time to be a car guy.
The flip side of that is weigh saving usually costs money. This isn't so much of a problem on a Cadillac, but it is an issue for a Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Another gorgeous blue on a GM vehicle that's not a Camaro. They really are mocking us at this point.
But won't they be built at the same assemble plant? So that's hoping this blue makes it way to the 2016 Camaro!!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #33
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
But won't they be built at the same assemble plant? So that's hoping this blue makes it way to the 2016 Camaro!!
That would make sense but it will either come attached to a $6000 appearance package or they will come out with BRM 3.0 instead.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #34
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
60k starting would be my guess. Look at the M3/M4 prices, GM will almost certainly be within a couple grand.
Let's hope for some price rationalization (read: VALUE). After all, the current inventory levels of ATSs are not sustainable, and slapping Cash Backs on a world-class product doesn't enhance its legitimate world-class claim.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #35
archtaan

Drives: car
Very, very impressive performance for a V6 and it looks awesome, but 3700#'s was a bit of a letdown.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #36
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
Let's hope for some price rationalization (read: VALUE). After all, the current inventory levels of ATSs are not sustainable, and slapping Cash Backs on a world-class product doesn't enhance its legitimate world-class claim.
Luxury & value don't really go all that well together. And I hardly see how its better to be the 'value' (low MSRP) luxury brand over being the 'discounted' (incentivized) luxury brand. If anything, its better to pile on the incentives because even if the price ends up the same, buyers can claim they got a good deal.

The better option, and the one that I'm 99% sure GM is pursuing, is simply accepting lower Cadillac sales. At least for the time being, until public perception matches with reality a bit better.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #37
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i've never cared for the grille's on the V series. looks like a chain link fence.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #38
shaffe

Quote:
Luxury & value don't really go all that well together. And I hardly see how its better to be the 'value' (low MSRP) luxury brand over being the 'discounted' (incentivized) luxury brand. If anything, its better to pile on the incentives because even if the price ends up the same, buyers can claim they got a good deal.

The better option, and the one that I'm 99% sure GM is pursuing, is simply accepting lower Cadillac sales. At least for the time being, until public perception matches with reality a bit better.
I think DG is right. I just checked my local cadillac dealer inventory, they have 12, 2014 ATS Sedans on the lot, and 72 2015 ATS Sedans. I think Cadillac might need to dial it back a bit
Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #39
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think DG is right. I just checked my local cadillac dealer inventory, they have 12, 2014 ATS Sedans on the lot, and 72 2015 ATS Sedans. I think Cadillac might need to dial it back a bit
That level seems kinda high unless your dealer is a volume mega dealer.

I'm not too concerned with Cadillac's sales at the moment because they have great product, it will take time to get perception going in the right direction and GM is doing the right thing by not playing the usual game of heavy incentive and massive fleet sales just for short term gains.

I see that blue being offered on the new 6th Gen Camaro especially since they will share a paint booth in the same facility. Time will tell though.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #40
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
That level seems kinda high unless your dealer is a volume mega dealer.

I'm not too concerned with Cadillac's sales at the moment because they have great product, it will take time to get perception going in the right direction and GM is doing the right thing by not playing the usual game of heavy incentive and massive fleet sales just for short term gains.

I see that blue being offered on the new 6th Gen Camaro especially since they will share a paint booth in the same facility. Time will tell though.
That is a larger dealer, but even one of the smaller Caddy dealers by me has 25 ATS' on the lot, and 37 CTS, and 50 SRX.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
You must be in a big market to have dealers with that kind of inventory on hand, reminds me of some of the larger dealers in Southern California when I lived on the left coast years ago.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #42
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
All models of Cadillac look really stupid IMO. Would never buy one. Each to his/her own.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote