Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bens1le View Post
Replace the cheap shitty oe clutch line with a one piece,route it well away from the convertors(too much heat)
Get the remote resorvoir kit, bleed it out with dot 4 fluid
Change the trans fluid to redline D4
And you'll thank me a million times over
Did my 1LE at 800 miles and it's been Perfect
Bens1le, thanks for your input. Could you please provide us a part number for the clutch you went with? I have to go that route, it's getting annoying after 5K miles. I've been patiently waiting to hit 5K miles to sort out all the issues under warranty before I start doing some decent modding and flush the warranty down the drain. Now this rattle thing is holding me back while keeping the warranty intact
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #16
schecter7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Go talk to your dealer. There's a bulletin looking for Engineering Information on this issue right now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368069
Thanks, mate! This is great. 'Only' two engineers are better than nothing. I'll check with my dealer soon.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
Bens1le
Bens1LE

Drives: 2014 ss 1LE
I called both engineers on this and told them my fix
Which 1200 miles later is doing just fine

Pm me for part # info
Bens1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
Bens1le
Bens1LE

380988751911. Ebay item #

For line. Great seller fast shipping
Old 09-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #19
Bens1le
Bens1LE

JDP motorsports for resorvoir kit
Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #20
Bens1le
Bens1LE

Here's my take in all this
Original line two piece junk, routed too close to the double catted mid pipe
Poor fluid and bleed procedure from the factory, it's really a two person operation, I know as I've done it
Combine this with a cheap plastic , non adjustable clutch master cylinder,"see ideal garage for better unit FYI". And you aren't getting the release bearing disengaging the pressure plate /travel enough
It's kind of a train wreck , and our gen cars aren't the only ones with it
I was Shocked to see 2 gens older w similar issues ,sad gm just can't get it right
The engineers did listen to me , I offered them to come drive mine as it's perfect
For example, I haven't driven my car for 2 weeks, been busy and dealing w a virus
Went out tonight , fired it up and from bone cold went right into gear no issues
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #21
schecter7

Thanks, Bens1le!

OP, just a different thought - are you sure 1-4 shift thingy is not getting in your way? Or you have installed a skip shift eliminator already?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
javi05

Drives: 14 ss 1le camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
I've had 2 and 3 syncros replaced as well as first gear, then the entire transmission, and then the clutch. It's all a lot better but that shift to second is still weird.
lol you too? after all that work they have done to my trans its been great at everything i put it through.. runs real good now.. i noticed this trans doesnt like to go slow..
and i have the eliminator kit.. i have no issues but i know they stressed to me to make sure you push the clutch pedal all the way down.. ive been doing this and no problems.

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. blk on blk..stock
javi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #23
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Coming up on 20K on our car. No problems whatsoever with anything tranny related. Bone stock with no mods or fluid changes (concerning transmissions). If you're having problems, I would go to a dealer.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #24
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
OP, any and all manual transmissions should give you slightly more resistance in lower gears and moderately more resistance when the tranny fluid is cold, especially in said lower gears.That said, I'm confident you have enough experience to know if something feels out of place. There probably shouldn't be "a wall" between first and second, especially when the fluid is warmed up.Start with the fluid change to D4, since you won't get any warranty flak for that. If it doesn't fix the issue, then consider going back to GM. If you do the reservoir kit, you risk muddying the water if the problem is internal to the tranny.My $.02.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #25
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
OP, any and all manual transmissions should give you slightly more resistance in lower gears and moderately more resistance when the tranny fluid is cold, especially in said lower gears.That said, I'm confident you have enough experience to know if something feels out of place. There probably shouldn't be "a wall" between first and second, especially when the fluid is warmed up.Start with the fluid change to D4, since you won't get any warranty flak for that. If it doesn't fix the issue, then consider going back to GM. If you do the reservoir kit, you risk muddying the water if the problem is internal to the tranny.My $.02.
Why take on the time and expense of changing fluid instead of going to the dealership right off the bat. I ask this not being a smart ass, just out of curiosity.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #26
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Why take on the time and expense of changing fluid instead of going to the dealership right off the bat. I ask this not being a smart ass, just out of curiosity.
That's a valid viewpoint. But, the Redline fluid really is an improvement no matter what.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #27
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
That's a valid viewpoint. But, the Redline fluid really is an improvement no matter what.
That's what I've heard. That, regardless of getting the fix done, the redline just makes everything better.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #28
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
The dealer can be a pita. You are probably better off spending the time and money changing to a better fluid to see if that helps. Unless you are lucky enough to find a good dealer with good techs, which is somewhat rare. The bottom line is that after putting up with dealerships over and over again, an hour or so and $40-50 is actually the less expensive route, even with a car under warranty.

Also, my trans is a bit clunky but no major problems at 7,500 miles. If I push the clutch in at certain times it will clunk, but I have been avoiding it. Also, the shift into second is the most difficult timing wise. I have had two civics, an accord, a 2010 evo, and my 1LE, and if I do not have my timing down second was/is always a pain. It is a common problem, but more so with our Tremecs.

I have a gallon of Amsoil atf just waiting to go in. I am pretty eager to see how that will affect shifting.
z3R0fo01 is offline   Reply With Quote