Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Good deal on a 2SS in NJ ?

Need a little help from the experts.....I live in NJ and was looking to get a 2SS with an automatic ( don't laugh) RS package and a sunroof. I am in no rush to buy the car and searching for a killer deal. The weather here has been brutal and I don't see these cars moving at all. They are in the back of the dealer behind snow mountains. The Camaro will basically be a toy and a second car for me. I wont be trading in a car.
I found one with a sticker of 42, 375 and they are willing to unload it for $ 38, 300... With the supplier discount they will go down another $ 500 to $ 37, 800. Is this a good deal or should I keep waiting ?
I haven't had any luck with the private offer and not sure if they will accept it on top of the supplier discount.

The car has the following..

2SS PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP
BLACK, FRONT LEATHER SEATING SURFACES (AFM)
MOLDING, BODY-COLOR ROOF DITCH
REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER SYSTEM
SUNROOF
RED HOT (G7C)
AXLE, 3.27 RATIO
TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC (Includes (BTV) remote vehicle starter system.) (MX0)
WHEELS, 20" X 8" (50.8 CM X 20.3 CM) FRONT AND 20" X 9" (50.8 CM X 22.9 CM) REAR FLANGELESS, PAINTED ALUMINUM WITH BRIGHT SILVER FINISH (STD) (Midnight Silver finish when (WRS) RS Package is ordered.) (R42)
HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE
AUDIO SYSTEM WITH NAVIGATION, 7"
LICENSE PLATE BRACKET, FRONT
LPO, FLOOR MATS premium carpeted
RS PACKAGE includes (R42) 20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear flangeless, painted aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver finish, (D80) rear spoiler, (BD8) body-color roof ditch molding, (T4F) high intensity discharge headlamps and (T3N) separate Daytime Running Lamps; shark-fin antenna is body-color

A side note, this isn't the color I want. I am torn between Black or Red Rock. Dealer says they will trade out the one they have on the property ( Red Hot) for whatever I color want. All the options will remain the same.

Thoughts on buying the extended warranty ?

Any advice you guys can give me is appreciated...
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
s55amgxxx

Drives: black
im looking for a camaro 2ss as well how did you manage to get a price like that? here in ny noone will come close to that
s55amgxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post
Need a little help from the experts.....I live in NJ and was looking to get a 2SS with an automatic ( don't laugh) RS package and a sunroof. I am in no rush to buy the car and searching for a killer deal. The weather here has been brutal and I don't see these cars moving at all. They are in the back of the dealer behind snow mountains. The Camaro will basically be a toy and a second car for me. I wont be trading in a car.
I found one with a sticker of 42, 375 and they are willing to unload it for $ 38, 300... With the supplier discount they will go down another $ 500 to $ 37, 800. Is this a good deal or should I keep waiting ?
I haven't had any luck with the private offer and not sure if they will accept it on top of the supplier discount.

SUNROOF
RED HOT (G7C)
AXLE, 3.27 RATIO
TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC (Includes (BTV) remote vehicle starter system.) (MX0)
WHEELS, 20" X 8" (50.8 CM X 20.3 CM) FRONT AND 20" X 9" (50.8 CM X 22.9 CM) REAR FLANGELESS, PAINTED ALUMINUM WITH BRIGHT SILVER FINISH (STD) (Midnight Silver finish when (WRS) RS Package is ordered.) (R42)
RS PACKAGE includes (R42) 20" x 8" front and 20" x 9" rear flangeless, painted aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver finish, (D80) rear spoiler, (BD8) body-color roof ditch molding, (T4F) high intensity discharge headlamps and (T3N) separate Daytime Running Lamps; shark-fin antenna is body-color

A side note, this isn't the color I want. I am torn between Black or Red Rock. Dealer says they will trade out the one they have on the property ( Red Hot) for whatever I color want. All the options will remain the same.

Which car dealer place?
TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
My 2013 2SS/RS with real similar equipment stickered for the same amount in Nov of 2012, which was also out of season at the time. I was able to get my dealer down to 36,700, out the door. They could do a little better I think. Nice choice though, I have an auto as well, and couldn't be happier! Good Luck, hope you get one soon!
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
I would not even consider getting an extended warranty. These cars are built well. Save your money for mods! I purchased mine from Bill Jacobs in Joliet Illinois. Great people to do business with!
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
JDS Blueray... when you say $ 36,700 out the door that includes taxes and registration too ?
The price I got is valid through the end of the month and includes the $ 1000 presidents month rebate and some type of GM loyalty discount. (I am a disgruntled Pontiac owner)

I am trying to get a private offer but as of yet, no such luck.

I am a little hesitant to post the name of the dealer in fear of losing the offer I have on the table.
punk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
The offer that you have sounds very good and legitimate to me. That is right at invoice for that vehicle.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
I know you can use only 1 private offer. GM loyalty is a private offer. So if you score a $1000 private offer, you can't stack the $500 GM loyalty.

clear your cache, turn off pop-up blocker, build a Camaro and keep hitting REFRESH... last time it popped up about the 5th refresh for me!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
buster11xx

Drives: 2014 2SS, 2013 Equinox LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk5150 View Post

SUNROOF
RED HOT (G7C)
AXLE, 3.27 RATIO

That looks like a great deal. I was able to get mine last month ($42,180 msrp) for $39,001 pre rebates and $36,001 post rebates. No other dealer would come close to those numbers. The #'s in the post are all pre tax, and I did lease so there was no regular rebate. I used a private offer of 1k, and gm card top off of $2k.
buster11xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
Mrted775

Drives: RED ROCK 2014 2LT/RS
[QUOTE=maddoggyusa;7432491]I know you can use only 1 private offer. GM loyalty is a private offer. So if you score a $1000 private offer, you can't stack the $500 GM loyalty.

I was able to use the $1K Private Offer, $500 GM Rebate and the $500 GM loyalty bonus last month. They did not allow this in the past but do now.