Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #29
Blue Thunder

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS/RS
Look, Chevy uses the same ZL1 staggered wheels on both the ZL1 and the 1LE. The former uses staggered tire sizes, the latter uses the same size tires. So clearly Chevy does approve of this type of thing. Just sayin.

Stainless Power 1-7/8 headers, HF cats
Magnaflow 3" tru-x cat back exhaust
NicKey Dyno tune
Bo White ported throttle body
Elite Engineering Catch Can
CAI air intake
GM Strut Brace Bar
JL Audio 12w3 sub, JX1000/1d amp
CFD Carbon Fiber pistol grip TapShift shifter
EGX rear window louvers
4500k HID head and fog lights

Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #30
pradeepp

Drives: Coupe 2LT RS
Cheked with multiple dealers, everyone is strictly saying NO to have same size tires but saying OK for mixing brands also adding there will be some speedometer issues and if there is really any we cannot cover them in the manufacturers warranty. I'm planning to use them for one winter and then sell them for the next winter and get the Pirelli scorpions again. Is this too a bad idea?

Last edited by pradeepp; 01-09-2014 at 02:22 PM.
pradeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #31
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepp View Post
Does anybody used 245/45/R20 on all the four wheels of Camaro which has 275/40/R20 stock size in the rear? Why because I'm not able to get the 275/40/R20 anywhere in US.
Yes, no problem.. As others have said the 245/45 are speced to fit a 8"-9" wheel.. Perfectly fine.. The diameter is the same as the 275/40.

Don't beat this to death, just get the 245.. TireRack recommends it, 1010tire recommends it, the tire manufacturer recommends it, many folks here have gone that exact same route also without issues. Personally, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the dealer's service writer (who isn't making money on a sale).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepp View Post
Cheked with multiple dealers, everyone is strictly saying NO to have same size tires but saying OK for mixing brands also adding there will be some speedometer issues and if there is really any we cannot cover them in the manufacturers warranty. I'm planning to use them for one winter and then sell them for the next winter and get the Pirelli scorpions again. Is this too a bad idea?
Total horseshit.. The tire diameters are the within millimeters of stock. Look it up. The "stagger" is not a stagger of diameters, it's a stagger of widths. On my 350z it threw the TTS off to have tires that were the same diameter front-rear, the rear HAD to be at least 1.5" taller than the fronts or the TTS would kick in at strange times. NOT true on the Camaro, a 275/40 is the same as a 245/45..

I would NOT mix the tire brands, especially between Blizzak and Scorpion because they are completely different compounds and tread designs.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #32
Pbcamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
I had 4x 245 Pirelli Scorpions installed today, works fine, car is AMAZING in snow with these.
Attached Images

Pbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #33
firedruish

I have only been able to find the 275 40 20 scorpion snow and ice on ebay...There is a set of 4 for sale almost new which would put you ahead if you drive like I do...as an option. I have not found one retailer that sells them new in our tire size