Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
If you ever plan on boosting the car then I would just get urself a set of midpipes
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
Kooks Headers

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
I personally haven't had cats on a car in 15+ years. The only reason I see to use them is for inspection purposes. The smell isn't any different to me as most high flow cats are almost just as high flow as the pipes. And needing a tune won't change either way. None of the high flows on the market gaurantee no check engine lights. I personally wouldn't install headers without tuning it even if not right away. That's just my .02
Kooks Headers and Exhaust offers our 49 state legal GREEN cats, that not only do not turn on the CEL, they also will pass emissions in 49 states. No other Hi-Flow cat on the market can offer this. Go with the best, Go with Kooks!

Kooks Custom Headers
Call us! 866-586-KOOK (5665)
Kooks Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #17
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooks Headers View Post
Kooks Headers and Exhaust offers our 49 state legal GREEN cats, that not only do not turn on the CEL, they also will pass emissions in 49 states. No other Hi-Flow cat on the market can offer this. Go with the best, Go with Kooks!
So you are GUARANTEEING your cats will not throw a check engine light??? It was posted recently that a C5 member called and asked and that was not the case!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
Kooks Headers

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
So you are GUARANTEEING your cats will not throw a check engine light??? It was posted recently that a C5 member called and asked and that was not the case!
The problem with running hi flow cats or no cats on these cars are generally the rear O2 sensors. You will get a rear O2 monitoring code. This is not an issue with our GREEN cats. We have had a couple Camaro's throw a O2 switching code, but this has been very rare and we are working to resolve this issue.

Kooks Custom Headers
Call us! 866-586-KOOK (5665)
Kooks Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooks Headers View Post
The problem with running hi flow cats or no cats on these cars are generally the rear O2 sensors. You will get a rear O2 monitoring code. This is not an issue with our GREEN cats. We have had a couple Camaro's throw a O2 switching code, but this has been very rare and we are working to resolve this issue.
Sorry, but your first post seemed a little misleading,
Dont get me wrong, I love your products! Your headers are dead tied to me with one other brand as the best on the market. Your high flow cats are very expensive compared to others, but as with anything you do get what you pay for. "If" you could guarantee NO CODES lots of guys would buy them for sure. I for one think its silly to install headers with no tune, but plenty are more concerned with the warranty. The ONLY reason for high flow cats is for inspections to me. "The smell" that people talk about has never bothered me. I run headers, no cats, and open dumps so I would notice it for sure. High flows do flow almost as good as test pipes. If you don't need to pass inspections, they seem like a waste of money to me. As for "rasp" like I said I run open headers so I don't think so. My last 5 cars had test pipes so I prefer that sound. Now if you could sell them to people who don't want a tune, and they wouldn't get a CEL then that would be a BIG plus for them.
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
I have Kooks LTs and their standard cats. I love them. I don't think the green cats are worth (very expensive) it unless you live in a state where that is an issue. Just get the standard cats and good tune.