Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #57
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Can I just say that I hate you?

Congrats!!
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #58
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
Well...you see... it ia a respect thing...we are partners...and I wouldn't want her doing something similar without my being on board. She was dead set against it at first, but realized how much it meant to me and came around...probably about how I would be. I am a blessed man...think I'll keep her!!!! Oh...and as a gesture of thanks, SHE was the first to drive it! It's a love thing!
All my husband had to say was "Want to go look at a Camaro?" and we were in the car going to "look." We still fight over who gets to drive it if we go out.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #59
427vette

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 convertible
[QUOTE=wirebender;6703902]After almost 4 years I traded up to a 2013 ZL1! Blue Ray, CF insert, suede, auto, sunroof...I'm a bleesed man! Not just to be able to get this phenomenal vehicle, but also because I have an awesome wife that gave her blessing on the purchase, the resources required, and lots of help and encouragement over many years from all my "friends of Bill W."

I went to the dealership to buy a 427 Corvette. This is what I drove home.

427vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #60
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
I 100% agree with you wirebender. Showing this kind of respect is one of the main reasons why I've been happily married for 22 years and still going.

The ZL1 is an awesome freakin car. I'd much rather have that then the Z-28 (From the little I heard about it- it's not for me). I would have traded up for the ZL1 myself but I already did massive upgrades by Lingenfelter, which to me, is just as cool. Enjoy the ride.

I am kinda curious; how is the traction with the stock tires when flooring it? I am slowly winning the traction battle in trying to get all 650 HP planted during launches. It ain't easy- was wondering how it is with 580 HP!!
Don't really know yet....still doing the break in! I think it might be a problem though!lol
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #61
Camonster

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS/RS
Congratulations! I'm so jealous!
Camonster is offline   Reply With Quote