Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #29
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I like that kit car. All Corvette parts right?
Yes, some C5 suspension stuff, and aftermarket Corvette, Z06 brakes and 335's on the back tires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Do you have the know how to make that happen , if so i think that there is no better way to make ones dream come to life .
I'm 27 and a Mechanical Engineer / CNC machinist. So I think I can figure it all out. I can make pretty much anything I want, just depends the time I want to spend designing and building it. We have an awesome machine shop here. And I have time to do it. There's a good forum for assembly of those cars also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
I researched a GTM. After researching it looked like 60-70K with a LS7 depending on options. No MRC, no TC, just lightweight raw HP. Interior and sound quality is a bit lacking. It would have been a great project but not the same quality as the Z or a Vette.
I've seen some really good looking interiors, and some not so good on it too. Just depends on what you do, or pay an interior guy to do. It would be amazing performance wise, around 900 lbs lighter than a Vette with same power and more weight dist. on the back tires for grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...no disrespect.....do what you gotta do....chase the dream that haunts you....
I've always wanted to build one of these anyway. The allocation crap might push me over the edge to do it sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
That GTM does look pretty bad ass. I bet it would handle like crazy on the track.
I assume you would be assembling that car yourself with some help from friends? If not, then that car is going to cost WAY more than the ZL1. Don't forget, body shops/restoration shops don't come cheap.
Good luck!
I'll research about the things I don't know as well. Do everything I can myself.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #30
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
My friend and his dad built one of these. They bought two wrecked vettes and put the whole thing together themselves. It is a nasty ride for sure, I know they had problems with the tune and HP tuners but managed to get everything running correctly. I believe it ran them around 100k.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Back to the original topic.
Its always better to buy them after thy're built...you get a much better deal....that way its all there an all you have to do is drive it and personalize it.

Here's two for sale on Ebay....one with AC, the other looks full race....with Konis and a racing trans....
....at 75K the racing one is a very good deal. But see where the fuel lid is? Behind the driver's door....that still concerns me.....but that car will do 200 easy.
Both are good deals.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Last edited by speedmon; 05-25-2012 at 10:38 PM.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #32
Ghost52

Drives: SW 2SS/RS L99
Van Chevy in Carrollton, Tx is a sponsor on here and has a Blk/Blk A6 at MSRP...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225001

Last edited by Ghost52; 05-25-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Thread added
Ghost52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #33
tfghung

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Is this only a kit car or does Factory Five have built ones?

They make old skool Shelby Cobras replicas, don't they?
tfghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #34
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfghung View Post
Is this only a kit car or does Factory Five have built ones?

They make old skool Shelby Cobras replicas, don't they?
They have recommended shops that can build the kit for you if you want. I'm sure it adds a lot of cost though. They have the cobras and some other cars. 5 styles and they're working on a 6th.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
Back to the original topic.
Its always better to buy them after thy're built...you get a much better deal....that way its all there an all you have to do is drive it and personalize it.

Here's two for sale on Ebay....one with AC, the other looks full race....with Konis and a racing trans....
....at 75K the racing one is a very good deal. But see where the fuel lid is? Behind the driver's door....that still concerns me.....but that car will do 200 easy.
Both are good deals.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313
I haven't found a built one with the motor / trans combo I want. I'd like a built LS7 around 675HP and trans to hold that power.

And I want to do some frame mods to stiffen it. There is one I'm looking into, the car's about 30% done with all the parts except engine and trans.

I did see where one guy modded the frame a bit to hold a racing safety fuel cell. I'd like to build at least most of it myself, so I can be confident when I'm going 200+ lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost52 View Post
Van Chevy in Carrollton, Tx is a sponsor on here and has a Blk/Blk A6 at MSRP...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225001
I'm pretty picky about the ZL1 I want. Ashen grey/ Black wheels/ No sunroof.

The order process itself is what's turning me off, not the car.
I don't know why you can't go in. Place an order, It goes through and they tell you "Ok, you're order #732 and your car is estimated to be built around July, we'll update this as time goes along." Sold customer orders should take precedence over stock allocations. They're just losing customers by doing the allocation crap. I'm 27 and the ZL1 would of been the 3rd Camaro I've bought in 4 years.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911

Last edited by adamgl; 05-26-2012 at 09:46 AM.
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #35
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
They have recommended shops that can build the kit for you if you want. I'm sure it adds a lot of cost though. They have the cobras and some other cars. 5 styles and they're working on a 6th.

http://www.factoryfive.com/

I haven't found a built one with the motor / trans combo I want. I'd like a built LS7 around 675HP and trans to hold that power.

And I want to do some frame mods to stiffen it. There is one I'm looking into, the car's about 30% done with all the parts except engine and trans.

I did see where one guy modded the frame a bit to hold a racing safety fuel cell. I'd like to build at least most of it myself, so I can be confident when I'm going 200+ lol.

I'm pretty picky about the ZL1 I want. Ashen grey/ Black wheels/ No sunroof.

The order process itself is what's turning me off, not the car.
I don't know why you can't go in. Place an order, It goes through and they tell you "Ok, you're order #732 and your car is estimated to be built around July, we'll update this as time goes along." Sold customer orders should take precedence over stock allocations. They're just losing customers by doing the allocation crap. I'm 27 and the ZL1 would of been the 3rd Camaro I've bought in 4 years.
Hey bro we're the same age and ordered the same car I'm pretty impatient too but just hold out a bit longer and you'll be rewarded. The ZL1 may not be as fast as a GTM but it has way more technology and versatility. Once you put some lowering springs and tint this bad boy I don't see why you can't get any chick you want seriously, if you want a badass track car that you have to tinker with and spend lots of $$ on go with the GTM; if you want a badass track car that you can drive to work (comfortably) too get the ZL1
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #36
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
Any day.....while I think their 1/4 mile times are close at 12s, the 360 is a racecar with a license plate and will totally smoke a ZL1 on any road course....not really even debate-able.

For 0-60, the 360 is faster 3.6 vs. 3.9-4.0......much quicker.
Higher top speed too. Depends where you get your data.

But what really counts....you may realize this one day...park both in front of a club and lets see who gets laid first.

Racecar against a 4100lb car with a cadillac powertrain and dress up brembos.....Nothing on the Ferrari is "dress up"....all race spec.
Someone has no idea how much attention a Camaro gets I see. Try mine literally 15+ compliments a day not including lookers.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote