Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
Thank you for all your hard work Old Jedi! I'm happy to hear about your new career choice! I hope the time passes quickly for all of us as we wait for the Zl1!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Can I ride shotgun?
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
Qdiesel

Drives: 2011 Infiniti M56S, '04 Tahoe
Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service!!
Qdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #18
mvarley

Drives: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon
Congratulations on retirement and good luck with that proposed career!
Mike
mvarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Congrats on your retirement. I just ordered police charity plates, people like you and our armed forces make the world a better place for all of us...thanks!

Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #20
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
It actually would'nt be a bad idea. Police officers abuse the hell out of their cruisers. If GM gave an example of every car they made and had a department such as the CHP put them through the same stuff as their regular cruisers, I'd be willing to bet they would find something they could improve on.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #21
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
As much as I love ZL1, I admit I miss your 'Vette in your avatar
Thanks Radz, I appreciate that. She (Tiffany) and I will be spending a lot more time together now that I don't have an unmarked car to drive around in. Just for you, a couple more pictures of Tiffany.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Huge Congratulations for Ya, Sir. I recall your story about how you had accumulated the maximum amount of leave & sick time so basically the cash for that highly commendable dedication of yours is actually going to pay for your ZL1.

I love poetic justice, and I can think of few things more befitting than for your lifetime of service to be rewarded with something that will bring you joy for a very long time.

If Ya wind up getting the bikini inspector job, you may need to get a cloth seat cover for that passenger seat, because surely some of them will notice your car & Ya might be so generous as to give 'em a ride.

Again, way to go, Master Jedi.

Yes the money is in the bank waiting for the ZL1 to arrive. However, it cost me time with my family and kids as they were growing up. I missed a lot of time with them and we did not go on the vacations together that we should have. It is nice to have the money now but looking back in retrospect, I should have spent more time with my kids and watched them grow up. They are grown and out of the house now with their own careers and tight schedules. My advise to the youngsters out there. Money is nice but it cannot replace the time you should have spent with your family. Spend time with your kids. You will find a way to make ends meet.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #23
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
It actually would'nt be a bad idea. Police officers abuse the hell out of their cruisers. If GM gave an example of every car they made and had a department such as the CHP put them through the same stuff as their regular cruisers, I'd be willing to bet they would find something they could improve on.
Actually Chevy brought down a 2001 Impala for the department to evaluate and compare it to the Crown Vic. I wrote a two page report that listed everything good and bad about the car. The chief got pissed at me when he read the part that the door mounted spotlight blew back against the window glass at 110 mph. He did not have me do any more car evaluations.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #24
NoeJeko
Camaro Noob

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS & 2012 CTS-V
Thanks for your service mate!

I should have tried this when I left the Air Force lol! Killer idea!
NoeJeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #25
mike116

Drives: Waiting to order my ZL1
I don't write many posts, this is my second, but I read the ZL1 forum nightly and it feels like you get to know people and their personalities by what they write. So, OldJedi, I would like to wish you a very sincere congratulations, and thank you for your service and dedication! Fairwinds and God's Speed with your retirement.
mike116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #26
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Yes the money is in the bank waiting for the ZL1 to arrive. However, it cost me time with my family and kids as they were growing up. I missed a lot of time with them and we did not go on the vacations together that we should have. It is nice to have the money now but looking back in retrospect, I should have spent more time with my kids and watched them grow up. They are grown and out of the house now with their own careers and tight schedules. My advise to the youngsters out there. Money is nice but it cannot replace the time you should have spent with your family. Spend time with your kids. You will find a way to make ends meet.

Well spoken Master Jedi, we must bring balance to the force.

Uhm, I mean our lives.

Sorry, I just watched GalaxyQuest. "Never give up, never surrender."

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #27
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
hmm...perhaps a celebratory BC4 package on the ZL1 for all current and former law enforcement officers? wanna start a petition...though I got 20 to go for retirement...would be nice to get a BC4 package again on a newer fifth generation...plus, you would have better qualifications for testing it with a BC4 package being former law enforcement on your app for a test driver...

Last edited by kudzu74; 09-03-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: update
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #28
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike116 View Post
I don't write many posts, this is my second, but I read the ZL1 forum nightly and it feels like you get to know people and their personalities by what they write. So, OldJedi, I would like to wish you a very sincere congratulations, and thank you for your service and dedication! Fairwinds and God's Speed with your retirement.
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your kind words and the the well wishes from everyone else on this forum. Before Camaro5 I had never been part of a forum. I would lurk and gather information but never participate. This forum is different from most. It is truly a unique group of great individuals talking about a wonderful car. There is the occasional feuding that occurs but for the most part, it is a lot of good information and camaraderie. I attended Camaro Fest II in Georgia and had the chance to put faces to the names and had a terrific, memorable time. I missed CFIII but I will not miss CF4. For those of you that have never attended, it is the Camaro Party of the year and should be not be missed. I truly look forward to meeting many more of you at CF4. Till then, thanks for keeping an old fart informed and happy as my new chapter starts.