The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #2129
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
You younger folks are so technical (and CFD). Anyhow, I have maintained over the past week, which is amazing in itself! I went home for the 4th of July holiday and "pigged out". I was afraid to step on the scale, but if anything, I lost a little. Amazing, I'll have to do that some more

Seriously, back to the gym and eating healthy! Maybe I can lose the last 5 I want to lose. I could aspire to do what sugar and spice is doing...but that would be no fun....don't want to be under 100 again. That would just make me look OLD
Good job!! I know I was bad this weekend with my camaro club. I'm glad my scale batteries died, I dont want to see the numbers.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #2130
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Welp, been crazy busy so haven't been on lately, but I'm still hittin the gym and eating clean! Wanted to catch up on the below posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
HOLY SMOKES!! You are awesome! I bet youre feeliong pretty awesome right now!!
Thanks BB...I am feeling awesome!! I love the fact that I can see the definition now that a lot of the fat is out of the way!! Me and the mirror are becoming very good friends!! LoL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
SS - 13% on a woman is outstanding. That's tough to achieve. Women have certain body parts (unmentionables) that account for some of that body fat % and even 17-18% is VERY lean. Congrats!
Thanks...but after taking several measurements it turns out I am really at 15% body fat (I figured the 13% wa too good to be true), but I am still stoked about being at 15%. But now that the stupid 13% got into my head, that is now my new goal! Problem is, the fat is coming off body parts I don't want it to come off and is still hanging out elsewhere!! My husband is gonna be sooooooo upset when he finds out I deflated his favorite toys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You Rock Donna! Congrats on exceeding your goals!
Thanks Bonnie!!! I said it before and I will say it again, you have been a HUGE inspiration!!! Who knows? Maybe I will enter a competition one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
I can't wait to see your competition pics!! Dude my resistance bands are my favorite. Mount them up on the door. I'm using 30-35lbs for the arms and back stuff for 90X now. Feel super buff.

Just be glad you have a booty, I dont, I'm just all boob hahaha.
I can't wait to see her pics either!!! And I am like you, all boobs and no butt...I've been working on the butt...making some progress, but now it seems my boobs are disappearing!! The fitness Gods really think they have a sense of humor don't they?? I for one, do not think they are funny!!

Quote:
I'm taking them with me to my competition and doing some quick workouts before I get on stage. hopefully that'll help dem muscles popity pop! And girl, anyone can have a nice booty, lunges and squats baby! I've had to reduce mine and sounds like you are building yours!

Thanks, but I haven't decided if I'm going to compete against the younger girls, I can compete in both classes, I'll wait to see how I look..... But...I think I may this year....

Bonnie, you could knock any younger girl right off the stage!!! I think you should GO FOR IT!!!!!

Quote:
"A poof in your arm pits"..... I'm LOL'd I thought I was the only one that made up my own lingo...... Love it!

I always refer to my waist as "spillage" if my pants have gotten too tight!
Although I am sure your "spillage" is no where near this degree, we call severe "waist spillage" Muffin Tops or Dunlap Disease !!!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #2131
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
"Thanks...but after taking several measurements it turns out I am really at 15% body fat (I figured the 13% wa too good to be true), but I am still stoked about being at 15%. But now that the stupid 13% got into my head, that is now my new goal! Problem is, the fat is coming off body parts I don't want it to come off and is still hanging out elsewhere!! My husband is gonna be sooooooo upset when he finds out I deflated his favorite toys!!! "

The body works in funny ways, it chooses where the fat comes off and in what order it comes off. There are no exercises that will specifically target fat in any one area, for example doing crunches doesn't remove belly fat but does develope ab muscles. Diet pills that claim to reduce belly fat are bull shit, you may eventually loose belly fat because if you are burning fat for fuel as the source gets exhausted your body moves to the next best source, kind of like an animal, it follows the food source. The only proven method of reducing body fat in a specific location is Lipo, and that's cheating LOL.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #2132
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
When i first saw this i thought it was about dropping the weight of the camaro
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #2133
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Yea, and I don't like cheaters!!! LoL!!

Any proven methods to tighten lose skin? Other than a tummy tuck and a boob lift??? I have a funny feeling the answer is gonna be "no"
Old 07-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #2134
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
When i first saw this i thought it was about dropping the weight of the camaro
doesn't matter if you take 50 pounds of the car off your ass still has the same effect on the time slip .
Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #2135
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post

Any proven methods to tighten lose skin? Other than a tummy tuck and a boob lift??? I have a funny feeling the answer is gonna be "no"
yes there is a solution , fill it with muscle
Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #2136
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Bwahahahahaha!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #2137
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:

Certainly you are not talking about yourself ? You are one fit fighting machine. Keep safe.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #2138
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Okay, so the laughing was for post #2167...

as for post #2168....kinda hard to fill sagging skin with muscle in the areas I'm talkin' about...but I will do my best!!

Sanddemon, thanks! But, yes I am talking about myself...I've gained lots of muscle and lost fat, and so now I have a good amount of extra skin in some spots. I sure hope CFD is right and I can get those spots firmed up!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #2139
CFD

Quote:
Okay, so the laughing was for post #2167...

as for post #2168....kinda hard to fill sagging skin with muscle in the areas I'm talkin' about...but I will do my best!!

Sanddemon, thanks! But, yes I am talking about myself...I've gained lots of muscle and lost fat, and so now I have a good amount of extra skin in some spots. I sure hope CFD is right and I can get those spots firmed up!!
It will, a few examples, women after birth , there are many fitness models who at one time were fat, you, in time.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #2140
CFD

Quote:
Bwahahahahaha!!!!
actually there is something that can help , skin to a point has memory and eventually will go back to its original state if the stretching is not excessive , a diet that has good dosages of omega fatty acids 3,6 and 9 helps your skin in many ways Including elasticity. These fatty acids should be a part of a fat loss or muscle building diet regardlesst .
Old 07-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #2141
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I take a multi vitamin (Centrum knock off) every morning that I thought had most of that stuff. Glutamine I get quite a bit of in the ON Whey I drink. Potassium may be something I'd forgotten about. I ate a banana with my PWO protein this morning we'll see how she goes.

I'll double check on the magnesium in the vitamin just to be sure. May not be enough or something.

It's odd because I haven't had any issues like that in a long time, but it felt like somebody was pulling on that tendon that runs down the back of your legs. No matter how I sat it was like I couldn't get comfortable.

OH, and you motivated me...50 minutes of cardio today! I can tell it too, I'm craving something sweet like crazy....drinking a diet Mtn Dew to try to trick myself haha. Our admin at work keeps a jar of mini M&Ms, Reeses, stuff like that on her desk...I've had to avoid walking by there all day.
In most suppliments , the ingredients like glutamine and creatine etc. are more label decoration. The dosages are usually much to low. I personally do use creatine and glutamine. If you remember a while ago I posted an excellent post workout recipe(pudding) every ingredient surves an important role in muscle building and fat loss. One of the ingredients you said you would omit because of watching your carbs, that ingredient was the banana, guess what's in it and why it plays an important role, hint, excellent source of potassium, yes it helps in preventing muscle cramps.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #2142
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
actually there is something that can help , skin to a point has memory and eventually will go back to its original state if the stretching is not excessive , a diet that has good dosages of omega fatty acids 3,6 and 9 helps your skin in many ways Including elasticity. These fatty acids should be a part of a fat loss or muscle building diet regardlesst .
I get a decent dose of Omegas in my diet (fish, nuts, olive oil etc) and take supplements to fill in the gaps.

Can't wait to get home though so I can be more in control of my food selection!! I try to eat as clean as possible, but I am at the mercy of the selection at the chow hall.

122 days to go!!!